Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to come down to Fort Lauderdale Florida. We Will need an UBERXL, is it common for those vehicles to have a booster seat? Not a full car seat, just booster.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
We need to come down to Fort Lauderdale Florida. We Will need an UBERXL, is it common for those vehicles to have a booster seat? Not a full car seat, just booster.
No, it's not.

Check Amazon.
There's some travel booster seats that some riders have brought into my car.
Seemed like they folded up pretty well.

But you definitely have to provide your own.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
I have never used either, but I've seen positive comments on "Bubblebum" and "Mi-fold" booster seats. Buying one of those would probably save you a lot of hassle. Just FYI, booster seats are required under Florida law for children younger than 6 years.

The Orlando market is the only Uber market I know of where they have specific vehicles with car seats for kids, and they don't have many there.

Also, are you flying into FLL? Or another airport? And, where are you eventually going from there?

·
Registered
780 Posts
If your child is under age 5 you are required by law to provide your own booster seat. No Uber is going to have them, there's no room in a car to store them when not in use. If your child is 6 years or older, florida doesn't require them, and you should expect to not have one available. I can't stand how many drivers are willing to break the law and drive babies without car seats, it makes it impossible for responsible drivers to say no and not get berated by passengers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts