Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Why don't you ask Uber ?
Agree... Ask fuber or do a quick google and see what is used overseas. For example

http://uberestimate.com/what-is-uberxl/

must be a 6 seater, here is a example of theUSA cars. There are many more available cars, this is just to give you a rough idea.

• Kia Sorrento
  • Toyota Highlander
  • Dodge Grand Caravan
  • Chevrolet Traverse
  • Dodge Durango
  • Ford Explorer
  • Hyundai Santa Fe
  • Dodge Journey
  • Chrysler Town and Country
  • Ford Flex
  • GMC Acadia
  • Toyota Sienna
  • Subaru Tribecca
  • Volkswagen Tiguan
  • Honda Odyssey & Pilot
We get a few of them here, so you should be able to work it out from this list.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ta, was wondering something else and searching for a list drew a blank for Australia.

So you can't roam around in a Captiva haha

·
Registered
361 Posts
There is a 7 seat Captiva available. Some people said they had been in a Captiva XL but it was a bit squeezy.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lucky. In NZ, we cant use cars with seats which have to fold or slide to access. Nearly all those vehicles are out, only fuller size vans with aisles like the taxi ones you find. Nice and safe seeing as most of those lack airbags and use lapbelts.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Also its one of those nasty 7 seaters too

Plus you have no luggage room like all these 7 seaters when the 3rd row of seats is used. So no airport trips etc.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just wondering if you bothered to ask Uber. If you are asking what cars they approve then surely you should ask them what cars they approve. duh:rolleyes:
Yep I should have. I sent an email today to Uber. Asking them when another rate cut is due as we really, really should be on about 85c per KM to make it fairer.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fairer to who?
Be careful what you wish for.
I can see XL rates being cut in future.
Yep, they probably will be cut.
Fairer for Pax. Because UberX isn't a full time job/business it is ride sharing. So prices should be more like ride sharing. If you want a taxi, catch a taxi or schofer etc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts