Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3% isn't a biggie. The fares are a lot higher than 3%.
As a side comment, I checked some of the supposed surge areas last night. X was standard (no surge), they were higher (surge) for XL than Black.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
3% isn't a biggie. The fares are a lot higher than 3%.
As a side comment, I checked some of the supposed surge areas last night. X was standard (no surge), they were higher (surge) for XL than Black.
Provided you only do XL jobs thats ok but everytime you accept an X job in a XL vehicle your playing into Uber's hands which I would never do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Provided you only do XL jobs thats ok but everytime you accept an X job in a XL vehicle your playing into Uber's hands which I would never do.
Yep, and I've had people requesting XL when X is surging. Another UberTrick

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If you want, you can come fetch me on 3rd of March for a cash job from Joondalup to the pork and cider festival.
$200, 6 of us – you must let us have a drink in the car. 50km, 30 mins and $200 – up to you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you want, you can come fetch me on 3rd of March for a cash job from Joondalup to the pork and cider festival.
$200, 6 of us - you must let us have a drink in the car. 50km, 30 mins and $200 - up to you.
I actually don't see what's wrong with people drinking in cars? (obviously not drivers) As long as it's not excessive and ends in multicoloured yawning.
Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spilt drinks, bottles and cans left in cars.
Promises by PAX they will take all rubbish with them. Liars!
No open alcoholic drinks. Against Ubers T & C's and illegal unless trip is over 1 hour in duration.
Fair comments UbeRay
I should have been more clear to what I was thinking.
What about a road trip with your mates? I suppose they would normally be over an hour so no issues

·
Premium Member
4,865 Posts
Fair comments UbeRay
I should have been more clear to what I was thinking.
What about a road trip with your mates? I suppose they would normally be over an hour so no issues
It's an exemption for paying customers taking a trip that's longer than one hour in a licenced omnibus. I presume your mates wouldn't be paying you?

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
Provided you only do XL jobs thats ok but everytime you accept an X job in a XL vehicle your playing into Uber's hands which I would never do
Oooooooooo No you would never play into Uber's hands would you ? LMAO

https://uberpeople.net/threads/my-experiences-moving-from-taxis-to-uber.132983/page-2#post-1998189
Quote Potsy : "Yup, thats me. I deserve to be shot. I bought a Merc for uberblack when they started before I realized how bad uber were. After finishing up with uberblack coz uber decided they didnt like my particular model anymore I got stuck with the car.............and now 2.5 years later I'm still struggling to make payments so overall I think I've lost money driving for uber"

·
Registered
671 Posts
I actually don't see what's wrong with people drinking in cars? (obviously not drivers) As long as it's not excessive and ends in multicoloured yawning.
Thoughts anyone?
Risk vs return. What is there to lose, and what is there to gain?

What there is to gain:
- Nothing, really. There's certainly no extra money in it for you, but various risks.

What there is to lose:
- Passengers say they won't spill it, but really they don't care.
- They'll leave the empty bottle in the back of your car (under the seat).
- Beer smells. Maybe the next passenger is going to a job interview, and your car smells of beer.
- Future passengers will possibly think that you've been drinking, and report you to Uber. Good luck explaining that one.
- A bottle is also a weapon. I once saw photos of a taxi driver's scalp after he was attacked with a glass bottle, and it was quite a mess.
- Other passengers can throw the empty bottle(s) out the window, creating a mess of broken glass on the road and footpath.
- You're setting a standard that other drivers have to deal with. Other drivers won't allow drinking in their cars, and you're making it difficult for those drivers. The same applies with smoking and carrying more than the legally allowed number of passengers.

Part of driving paying passengers is not only looking after the current passenger, but ensuring that your vehicle is suitable for the next passenger. The smell of alcohol, and possibly empty bottles in the car, is not doing that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.