Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am a new UberX driver in orange county !
I was wondering why it does not show any rides near me.
It is been 2 days that I have not got any rides
I go online and it does not show any rides requested by people !
can anyone help me ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look at the riders app. Maybe you are in the center of the crowd. Position yourself outside the crowd, and also read about the events in your area and try to be near them when they end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Veller thanks for your answer
but, What do you mean by center of the crowd ?
so technically you are saying I do not see the people who request for rides right ?
I just get notification that someone requested a right near me ! I do nott see them on my map ?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Veller thanks for your answer
but, What do you mean by center of the crowd ?
so technically you are saying I do not see the people who request for rides right ?
I just get notification that someone requested a right near me ! I do nott see them on my map ?
You will never "see" any list or visual representation on the Uber app of people who are requesting rides. The only thing you will ever see is a ping. If Uber routes a rider request to you, then they will send you a "ping" which is a big circle in the middle of your app screen that will beep at you. Once you see and hear your ping then just tap your screen anywhere in the circle to accept your ride request. Once you accept it, then the app will show you who your customer is and where the pickup location is. Just follow your app and navigation at that point.

From your screenshot it looks like you are camped out in a relatively dead area, except perhaps on the weekends. To get your feet wet with some calls I'd suggest you venture out a little bit north where there will probably be more activity such as CM, NB, the airport area, or HB.

Also, if you still don't get any calls, make sure you are able to by having a friend request a ride close by to you and then cancel quickly. (Accept, cancel, other.) You may be having some kind of setup/technical issue.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There is not too much demand out in that area of Orange County and if there are other drivers logged on, then it can be a very long day for you. I'm sure I'll upset some other drivers out here but if you head out to the South Coast Metro area, I'm sure you will get a few rides. Between the business traffic going on in Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and JWA, you can get yourself a few decent fares. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
There is not too much demand out in that area of Orange County and if there are other drivers logged on, then it can be a very long day for you. I'm sure I'll upset some other drivers out here but if you head out to the South Coast Metro area, I'm sure you will get a few rides. Between the business traffic going on in Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach and JWA, you can get yourself a few decent fares. Good Luck!!
Get your butt down on the Newport Peninsula and you'll be getting all the $4 rides you can handle

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I've been there. Had my share of short rides. Also had my share of decent and good fares. I didn't just mention Newport Beach by the way. And I didn't say he'd get great fares, I said decent.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well I know it has been slow, but that's a whole different level.

Do you have the Uber rider app? Make sure you can see your car in that app if you logged into the Partner app.
This also helps space you alway from other drivers and you can re-position yourself appropriately.

Plus the time stamp on your app kind of says it all. I always try... and I really mean TRY to score a ride back home after class.
I'll drive the whole 30 minutes home in silence. Not a single ping after a 10 mile ride at 12pm for the past two weeks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hi everyone
can anyone help me ?
why is there a
2 days without requests? It's slow on Tuesday and Wednesday but still weird!
why is there a black Uber car showing with partner app online? Is this a IPhone thing?

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Hell I got 3 rides while I was there. 5-6:30pm. One was 1.5 surge, they canceled, pinged me again after the surge then I, cancelled because I was going the other way, good thing i didn't make that U turn., Hmm... maybe I should have taken it so I could 1 star them for canceling in the first place.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Hi everyone
can anyone help me ?
Lool bro u prolly in a dead are but I can be wrong it near the beach. Try creating a rider account and ping ur self see if ur getting the calls

1 - 14 of 14 Posts