My car only has 4 seats (and seat belts), with me driving I only have 3
seats available. I live in a tourist destination am tonight I have
received 4 request that they had to cancel because the rider had 4+
people in the party. I can only carry 3 people as most sedans only have
3 seats available plus a driver.

No doubt I am going to get bad reviews even though I told them to cancel
and choose the UberSUV. The rider app really needs to ask the rider how
many people are in the party before placing the request so that they are
forced in to UberSUV and not UberX if they have 4+ riders.

I'm scared to go back online right now because my last 4 riders had to
cancel because they had 4+ riders. Any advice?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm rather curious as to what you drive. I know I have room for 3 in the back as well as one up front. I drive a Ford Fusion. As for suggesting to pax's that they request ubersuv, most everyone here that runs uberx can carry 4 pax's. I'm just wondering if your being a bit picky and not wanting 4 people in your car besides yourself

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chevrolet Spark, in the back seat there is a drink holder separating the two seats and it does not fold up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I actually thought you HAD to be able to carry four people plus yourself to be able to qualify for UberX. Could be wrong, but I swore that was a stipulation. Ill look into it, but I think you might of got lucky getting through the on-boarding process

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, just read that as well. Guess I am out of the system. I will email Uber and let them know to add the Spark to unapproved car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is I live in a big tourism area and get a lot of families going out for the night. Tonight I had to come OFF the road in a 3x surge because I was the only driver on the road because I got 5 straight request for riders of 4 people and they had to cancel. That is only going to alert Uber once those people start rating badly.

Uber has to realize that the trend in cars today is getting smaller and many sedans today even though they CAN fit three in the back it's going to make the experience horrible. Uber needs to drop UberX to 3 riders. My GF has a 4 door sedan with three seat belts in the back and we just did a test and put three adults in there and while it's legal I wouldn't want to ride far like that.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's entirely within your rights to have only three passengers. With four passengers you can easily exceed your car's weight capacity. If you don't start the trip, they can't rate you.
Exceeding the number of factory installed seatbelts with passengers is also illegal. You can experience problems with how the car handles and brakes due to the weight and have your vision blocked by the excess passengers. There are many reasons to say no. Your car was not supposed to be approved. If it were me, I would call every ping and ask the number of pax.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts