Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance if I did something wrong. So this is just a heads-up to all my fellow uber drivers and the story behind it.

It happened on a Saturday, and I accepted a ride somewhere in Tustin. I was about to pick up the rider, until the guy who ordered an uber called me(949 number). He suddenly spoke to me in a tone like he's a call center agent/telemarketer, and he told me that I am not picking up passengers that does not match in my Uber app, which is a mistake that can easily be avoided. And this guy suddenly told me to pull over, and he will let the "passenger" know that this survey and confirmation would take long, that i have to cancel this ride, and told me not to charge the rider. He sent me a website link, that says ubersupport.info, and the website asked me to enter my credentials(email, password, number). So I did, thinking it was a legit website of uber(jokes on me lol). He hanged up after I entered my credentials, and he called me back using a 240 number. He suddenly asked me to wait for 10 minutes, and while I did that, I called Uber support to confirm this promo/confirmation thing. The official Uber support person told me it was not legitimate, and she suggested me to change my credentials. And this guy was waiting for my "verification code." And then I told him that he's a scammer, and he hanged up again. The scammer even tried to access my email. I reported it, and according to Uber's support center, it is now "going under investigation."

This is just a warning to all of you, especially drivers that have earned a lot this week, to watch out with these scammers. I learned my lesson, and i am aware i screwed it up. This might also happen to Lyft, and might happen to delivery apps, too.

Screenshot_20181117-081109_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181117-081140_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181117-081109_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181117-081140_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181117-081109_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20181117-081140_Chrome.jpg

Here are the screenshots of the website. I was totally got out of focus because I just want to get through this "security" thing they have. Please be safe out there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Bro, first of all.. Welcome to to the forum even though you have been here for a while.. 2nd off, those are my favorite requests... I dont cancel right away, i'll go to the pickup location while on the phone w/ the scammer telling him/her that im trying to get my password because i forgot it and/or my internet is slow going to the website given, i'll then cancel the ride as rider not here and collect my cancellation fee and then i'll tell the caller to suck my balls.

·
Premium Member
6,353 Posts
This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance if I did something wrong. So this is just a heads-up to all my fellow uber drivers and the story behind it.

It happened on a Saturday, and I accepted a ride somewhere in Tustin. I was about to pick up the rider, until the guy who ordered an uber called me(949 number). He suddenly spoke to me in a tone like he's a call center agent/telemarketer, and he told me that I am not picking up passengers that does not match in my Uber app, which is a mistake that can easily be avoided. And this guy suddenly told me to pull over, and he will let the "passenger" know that this survey and confirmation would take long, that i have to cancel this ride, and told me not to charge the rider. He sent me a website link, that says ubersupport.info, and the website asked me to enter my credentials(email, password, number). So I did, thinking it was a legit website of uber(jokes on me lol). He hanged up after I entered my credentials, and he called me back using a 240 number. He suddenly asked me to wait for 10 minutes, and while I did that, I called Uber support to confirm this promo/confirmation thing. The official Uber support person told me it was not legitimate, and she suggested me to change my credentials. And this guy was waiting for my "verification code." And then I told him that he's a scammer, and he hanged up again. The scammer even tried to access my email. I reported it, and according to Uber's support center, it is now "going under investigation."

This is just a warning to all of you, especially drivers that have earned a lot this week, to watch out with these scammers. I learned my lesson, and i am aware i screwed it up. This might also happen to Lyft, and might happen to delivery apps, too.

View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358 View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358 View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358

Here are the screenshots of the website. I was totally got out of focus because I just want to get through this "security" thing they have. Please be safe out there.
results
Domain Name: ubersupportcenter.info
Registry Domain ID: D503300000257279471-LRMS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date:
Creation Date: 2018-10-24T19:55:44Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-10-24T19:55:44Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: CR344188638
Registrant Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Registrant Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Registrant Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 219
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: AZ
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4805058800
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4805058844
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: CR344188640
Admin Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Admin Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Admin Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Admin Street: Suite 219
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: AZ
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4805058800
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4805058844
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: CR344188639
Tech Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Tech Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Tech Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Tech Street: Suite 219
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: AZ
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4805058800
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4805058844
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS09.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS10.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-11-17T18:00:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

Phone number and address leads here, Would bet money the person has a connection to this place.

:http://www.tekmorchannel.com/home.html

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bro, first of all.. Welcome to to the forum even though you have been here for a while.. 2nd off, those are my favorite requests... I dont cancel right away, i'll go to the pickup location while on the phone w/ the scammer telling him/her that im trying to get my password because i forgot it and/or my internet is slow going to the website given, i'll then cancel the ride as rider not here and collect my cancellation fee and then i'll tell the caller to suck my balls.
I should have done that lol. I was at the state of "f this crap, gotta get this crap done and make rides today." I thought about accepting the ride, go to LA from there(Tustin), and bust them by merging the call with a representative from Uber Support, but it was too late for that great idea.

So you didn't give him your text verification code?

Good for you if you didn't.
I did, but I was able to create a new password right away, which gave me a new 4dig verification number.

results
Domain Name: ubersupportcenter.info
Registry Domain ID: D503300000257279471-LRMS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date:
Creation Date: 2018-10-24T19:55:44Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-10-24T19:55:44Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4806242505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID: CR344188638
Registrant Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Registrant Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Registrant Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Registrant Street: Suite 219
Registrant City: Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province: AZ
Registrant Postal Code: 85260
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: +1.4805058800
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +1.4805058844
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: [email protected]
Registry Admin ID: CR344188640
Admin Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Admin Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Admin Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Admin Street: Suite 219
Admin City: Scottsdale
Admin State/Province: AZ
Admin Postal Code: 85260
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: +1.4805058800
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.4805058844
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: [email protected]
Registry Tech ID: CR344188639
Tech Name: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Tech Organization: Repossessed by Go Daddy
Tech Street: 14455 N Hayden Rd
Tech Street: Suite 219
Tech City: Scottsdale
Tech State/Province: AZ
Tech Postal Code: 85260
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: +1.4805058800
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +1.4805058844
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: [email protected]
Name Server: NS09.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
Name Server: NS10.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2018-11-17T18:00:00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en

Phone number and address leads here, Would bet money the person has a connection to this place.

:http://www.tekmorchannel.com/home.html
thanks for taking time checking this one out! I really appreciate you and your efforts! So the number is registered in Maryland, they tried to open my google account and the source was registered in Bridgeport CT, and the company on the website you provided is based in AZ. That sounds weird.

Next time send him a picture your your junk... Or not.. He may enjoy that
I should have sent someone's "eggplant challenge." Does someone here want his number?

·
Premium Member
11,401 Posts
thanks for taking time checking this one out! I really appreciate you and your efforts! So the number is registered in Maryland, they tried to open my google account and the source was registered in Bridgeport CT, and the company on the website you provided is based in AZ. That sounds weird.
And the hacker is probably in Alabama

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
I did, but I was able to create a new password right away, which gave me a new 4dig verification number.
Well then you are very lucky.
You might be able to get fooled on the phone.
But that text message code is the last line of defense.
Clearly says on that same text to not give to anyone.
And yet everyone seems to ignore all those other words and just look at the numbers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then you are very lucky.
You might be able to get fooled in the phone.
But that text message code is the last line of defense.
Clearly says on that same text to not give to anyone.
And yet everyone seems to ignore all those other words and just look at the numbers.
It only says "Your uber code: 6969lolnice. Reply STOP to unsubscribe," and I thought the guy was legit so i told it to him. Aaaaand it was too late.

·
Banned
4,495 Posts
I just say email me, and keep driving...if they wanted me to do survey, I would say to send me the link and I will access it through the app.

When they don't know your last name or email address, you know they are scammers.

I have gotten the phone call BS, but kept them on the line long enough to collect the cancel no-show fee. They wanted me to cancel, and I told them to pound sand.

·
Registered
15,008 Posts
It only says "Your uber code: 6969lolnice. Reply STOP to unsubscribe," and I thought the guy was legit so i told it to him. Aaaaand it was too late.
C'mon. We've all gotten that text many times.
There's more.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was beginning to think I wasn’t special but then, I got my first scam call today!! Same scenario “I’m from Uber Green Light....blah blah”. I stalled him out while he was trying to con me and then charged the cancellation fee :p he started getting really angry and said I’d be cancelled and dropped from Uber if I charged the fee o_O the best part was when he asked me to confirm my phone number so I said OK, then he said what is it and I said I can confirm and we did that for about 2 min :cool:. Gotta love these guys!

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
I was beginning to think I wasn't special but then, I got my first scam call today!! Same scenario "I'm from Uber Green Light....blah blah". I stalled him out while he was trying to con me and then charged the cancellation fee :p he started getting really angry and said I'd be cancelled and dropped from Uber if I charged the fee o_O the best part was when he asked me to confirm my phone number so I said OK, then he said what is it and I said I can confirm and we did that for about 2 min :cool:. Gotta love these guys!
Get the non emergency number for your local police station, they log all incoming calls and will send a unit out to check why someone is crank calling them if he is in their service area.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358 View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358 View attachment 274357 View attachment 274358

Fyi, Uber will never call you to reach out to you. If there's an issue you'll have an inapp message. I'm glad nothing serious happened.

And those numbers the scammers use are digital on voip lines so the locations don't mean anything.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Get the non emergency number for your local police station, they log all incoming calls and will send a unit out to check why someone is crank calling them if he is in their service area.
AND, they will do a CALL BACK if you hang up on them! Torrance PD did that when I accidentally butt-dialed them. :oops:

·
Registered
332 Posts
next time, start the trip and go for a ride

1 - 19 of 19 Posts