Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Anyone would like to organize and meet up on the strike date? I bet we can get some media attention if 10 of us drivers meet up at some busy intersection around downtown. I know there is a bunch of cars idle all the time. With the occasional $2.60 net fare ping driving an old drunk lady that don't tip and rate you 3 stars. You won't loose that much :) .

·
Banned
723 Posts
We should just have a meet. We are all competitors, but driving for the same team.
Everyone is an independent contractor, everyone is looking out for his/her own pocket, people like to come here and share stories, vent and comfort themselves, but at the end of the day, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, not trying to be harsh, but do you actually think if you dropped dead tomorrow anyone in here would bat an eye lash.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Everyone is an independent contractor, everyone is looking out for his/her own pocket, people like to come here and share stories, vent and comfort themselves, but at the end of the day, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN, not trying to be harsh, but do you actually think if you dropped dead tomorrow anyone in here would bat an eye lash.
Your wrong due to the fact that worker unrest has already started to shake up the on demand space. It will only continue to grow as more people become involved

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
I probably wouldn't.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've been in the taxi industry for 5 years and my experience is drivers will not have solidarity. I've witnessed more than 4 strike in Chicago and at most, 10% of the drivers participate. Chicago recently formed a cab union, and they still couldn't stop Uber from gaining access to Chicago airports. I'm not sure what the answer is to get a fair shake.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You are correct, we are all independent contractors, but competitors. I want that fare as much as you do, or the guy down the street.. It would be nice to meet some other people driving in the area..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts