Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy all you Ants! On this episode of Frank talk with Frank Tupelo I'd like to brainstorm ideas for an UBER appreciation festival. I am thinking a weekend long event where we celebrate all things UBER. The idea would be to bring together ants, UBER employees, and any other fine folks that love UBER. I thinking something along the lines of UBERstock, where we have bands, food vendors, speaches from key executives, etc. We could even have a VIP section for executives at the company and Select drivers to network and wine & dine.

I think we owe a big thanks to Travis for building a product that is revolutionizing the world and how people and things move. Only a true visionary of a man can have created something that so many people love and touches millions of lives on a daily basis.

We also owe much gratitude towards Dara for taking the helm and righting the ship in some of our darkest hours. A truly unselfish act and a beacon of hope.

Ants, please join in by helping me with ideas that can make this grand vision a reality. I would appreciate suggestions for when, where, and how we can make this happen. Ideas for events and acts would also be greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you all in person at this esteemed event.

Toodles,

Frankie Bobby

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually don't throw parties for people who shit on me daily.
I don't know who deposits excrement on you daily, but this thread is in regards to showing appreciation for the firm responsible for making that deposit into your bank account every week or two or however often.

Not sure if stomach virus going around or what I just read made me throw up
You should get that checked out. This event will likely take a good year of planning so I would assume you will be back to good health by then!

·
Registered
77 Posts
You mean the company that has non stop:
drop drivers pay
deactivated on the lies of passengers
Manipulated our pay with their so called algorithms.
If Travis was so hot, why did board fire him. He definitely is an example of absolute power...
Safety all around has not been their main concern unless it hits the press.
So you go ahead and have your one man party and have a good time.
But remember. Don't drink and drive. Order up a Lyft.

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You mean the company that has non stop:
drop drivers pay
deactivated on the lies of passengers
Manipulated our pay with their so called algorithms.
If Travis was so hot, why did board fire him. He definitely is an example of absolute power...
Safety all around has not been their main concern unless it hits the press.
So you go ahead and have your one man party and have a good time.
But remember. Don't drink and drive. Order up a Lyft.
Any $60B company is going to have its warts and growing pangs. That doesn't mean we can't celebrate all the good that the company has done.

You do bring up a good point though and thank you for that. Events such as this are a big demand drivers for our services. If all of us ants are at the event, who will provide livery services? Would it be allowable to use competitor taxi companies on that weekend?

·
Premium Member
4,615 Posts
I don't know who deposits excrement on you daily, but this thread is in regards to showing appreciation for the firm responsible for making that deposit into your bank account every week or two or however often.

You should get that checked out. This event will likely take a good year of planning so I would assume you will be back to good health by then!
You mean this daily deposit from driving Friday night

Second time this month!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
You mean this daily deposit from driving Friday night

Second time this month!!!!
I believe Uber is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. And the money well is drying up.

Look to the near future when instant pay is no longer offered to us.

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe Uber is borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. And the money well is drying up.

Look to the near future when instant pay is no longer offered to us.
What do you mean by this? That they are burning investor money as they grow the platform?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'll get back to you on this debate.

I got people to see, places to go and things to do.

Just remember to hold that thought process till I get back.

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

We will be waiting with bated breath. Again, this will be a long planning process, we have time. Would you be interested in joining the planning committee?

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Are you back yet Amp? Everyone is waiting so that we can continue planning. Any other ants interested in being on the planning committee? I plan on establishing a non-profit to run this and take donations. We can still pay ourselves compensation as long as it is not too much. I would look to compensate the planning committee for their time. Besides UBER, any other ideas on soponsorship?

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Potential sponsors could be, water bottle companies, mint companies, phone accessory companies like docks, maybe a condom company.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Now where was I. Oh yeah.

To make it short. Uber is in both financial and legal hot water. Read both the financial and legal articles.

Uberstock. I'll be happy to help as a consultant. My fees are as follows.
$500 per hour.
10% take at the door.
Travel and all miscellaneous expenses reimbursed.

Also. Non-profit is not the way to go. To many ways to get in trouble with IRS.

If this is what you really want to do.
Contact an event planner. One preferably does big events like conventions or music festivals. Then get a rough estimate of how much money you are going have to raise.

·
Premium Member
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now where was I. Oh yeah.

To make it short. Uber is in both financial and legal hot water. Read both the financial and legal articles.

Uberstock. I'll be happy to help as a consultant. My fees are as follows.
$500 per hour.
10% take at the door.
Travel and all miscellaneous expenses reimbursed.

Also. Non-profit is not the way to go. To many ways to get in trouble with IRS.

If this is what you really want to do.
Contact an event planner. One preferably does big events like conventions or music festivals. Then get a rough estimate of how much money you are going have to raise.
Thank you for the advice amp. I don't know if we will be able to pay you that amount. Would you like to start by being the first donation? I can post my Venmo for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts