Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone received this message to apply for UberScholar?

Drive Down Your Debt with Uber

Hey,

We're working hard to make partnering with Uber even more valuable. Your feedback is essential and we'd love it if you could take 30 seconds to complete the short survey below.
Take the short survey herehttp://uber.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=a5cb70e8a5250a14acfd62c9b&id=5e9843250d&e=7bd0e86e8b
Thank you for your partnership!

Cheers,

Uber DC
#####################
Then this one came after survey.

UberScholar is a debt assistance program designed to help you manage and pay-off your student debt. To be eligible for the program, you must be an active partner in good standing and submit proof of student debt.

http://uberform.wufoo.com/forms/uber-scholar/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did extensive Google searching and could come up with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this so-called Uber Scholar Program. The link you provided takes us to a website completely unrelated to Uber, BUT it is asking for personal information.

So you expect forum members to upload personal information to some unknown website and risk having their identities stolen?

MODERATORS, please take note of this potential fraud.
Hey I think you misunderstood. I never asked people to give their personal info. I had a question if anyone else received this offer from Uber or not. Please read the first post.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I did extensive Google searching and could come up with ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about this so-called Uber Scholar Program. The link you provided takes us to a website completely unrelated to Uber, BUT it is asking for personal information.

So you expect forum members to upload personal information to some unknown website and risk having their identities stolen?

MODERATORS, please take note of this potential fraud.
I've seen other forms that I know to be legitimate from Uber hosted at that uberform.wufoo.com domain, so I don't think there's any serious concern of fraud here. I still wouldn't suggest submitting anything there until further information comes out about the program.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
My email screenshot shows the message has been sent by [email protected]. Looks like I am the only person in this forum who got this message.
It is definitely not a fraud.
Anyway I just filled the application because I have a big student loan :p. It asked my name, email, and phone. The same information you gave them to send you uber sign. The only harm would be paying off my loan. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
My email screenshot shows the message has been sent by [email protected]. Looks like I am the only person in this forum who got this message.
Anyway I just filled the application because I have a big student loan :p. It asked my name, email, and phone. The same information you gave them to send you uber sign. The only harm would be paying off my loan. :D
Requirements: Drive 100 hours a week. Complete a minimum of 1 trip per hour originating in the DC Hot Zone. Accept minimum all of requests. Cancel no more than any of accepted trips. Do not stop to eat or take a bathroom break. Send your family a post card from the road telling them you love them.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
you somehow believe ubers going to give YOU a better interest rate than the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? if so... I have a bridge to sell you.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Uber helping you financially? Working as a "Partner" doesn't do that why would one think any other way?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Requirements: Drive 100 hours a week. Complete a minimum of 1 trip per hour originating in the DC Hot Zone. Accept minimum all of requests. Cancel no more than any of accepted trips. Do not stop to eat or take a bathroom break. Send your family a post card from the road telling them you love them.
great post

·
Registered
711 Posts
I find it interesting that Uber occupies itself by trying to seemingly pinch pennies from and occupy drivers more than expanding its services to customers. Im sure a study would find that upsales to drivers exceeds riders. I don't like it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is ridiculous.
==================#
Hey,

Today we are excited to announce the launch of Uber Scholar- a pilot program to help Uber partners pay-down and manager their student debt! Student debt associated with pursuing an education can be overwhelming, but Uber is here to help you drive down debt with Uber Scholar!

HOW TO ENROLL:

YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR MOST RECENT STUDENT DEBT BILL TO BE ELIGIBLE

SUBMIT PROOF HERE

WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?

Loan Management:

Uber has partnered with Tuition.io to help you better understand and manage your student debt. As part of your participation in the UberScholar program, you have FREE access to Tuition.io.

ENROLL IN TUITION.IO

Higher Earnings:

You have invested in your education, so we are investing more in you - during peak-hours Uber will match 1% of your fares. That means if you earn $1,000 we will give you an additional $10 just for enrolling in the UberScholar program. The below schedule outlines when you are eligible for higher earnings.

*Matching will only be available starting 11/28/2014 to partners that have submitted proof of debt

DON'T FORGET TO SUBMIT YOUR PROOF OF DEBT BELOW TO BE ELIGIBLE

SUBMIT PROOF HERE

If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Cheers,

Uber DC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts