Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Are you guys driving in DC proper to earn that in regular fares (not including the boost) or in VA/MD suburbs?

I never earn that much after hours of driving, may need to rethink my strategy.

·
Premium Member
26,816 Posts
These incentives are not bad. I suspect that Uber has more than one purpose in this programme, but, for now, even though it has scaled them back a bit, they are not bad. I do hope that Uber keeps up these things once Congress goes out after next week. I am going to try to get a promotion to Silver for the week after next, then try to go up from there. I will have to drive the cab every once in a while, as my Uber Taxi contract does require one trip every two weeks to stay in the game.

It is funny. Uber Taxi got me through the Summers of 2013, -14 and most of that of 2015. If Uber keeps up these incentives, or even something close to them, it will be UberX that will be getting me through the Summer of 2016.

Once the freshmen show up, though, it will be back to the taxi more than UberX. The AU students in particular, still do use the taxis and frequently use Uber Taxi. I have noticed more GW students' using Uber Taxi as well, but most of them do it to game the surge.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Today didn't accept any pool request.Average earning was 25 $/hr,rating went up for 0.01 and car remained clean.So yeah,you are right.No to uber pool. :)
Stool is for Suckas, unless:

1) Goal is to build that aggressive trip count toward the Heavy Metal Programme the following week.
2) You're in the the Reward Zone in the Hours of Power when even Uber Stools become lucrative.
3) Still Suckas in spite of #1 and #2 but money is a motivator and in the end we're all Uber's biotches.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you guys driving in DC proper to earn that in regular fares (not including the boost) or in VA/MD suburbs?

I never earn that much after hours of driving, may need to rethink my strategy.
Drive away from DC's epicenter before midnight (while still remaining in the Reward Zone), it's crawling with roach drivers and most of the trips there tend to be very short before the drunken crowd finally decides it's time to go home. Go instead to Silver Spring MD, Chevy Chase MD or Friendship Heights NW, or anywhere in NE, or to the fringes until such time as the bars and clubs start closing and kicking their drunken patrons out to the curb.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Drive away from DC's epicenter before midnight (while still remaining in the Reward Zone), it's crawling with roach drivers and most of the trips there tend to be very short before the drunken crowd finally decides it's time to go home. Go instead to Silver Spring MD, Chevy Chase MD or Friendship Heights NW, or anywhere in NE, or to the fringes until such time as the bars and clubs start closing and kicking their drunken patrons out to the curb.
You are a good man who is trying to help others.Respect. :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have made at least 180 every Saturday night for a year until this past weekend. I went almost FOUR HOURS without a single ping in DC. I couldn't believe it. Finally had to turn on Lyft and instant pings. Unfortunately, at "regular" rate which is not remotely worthwhile. The hourly guarantees worked great for me until this weekend, made good money for doing very little but boy did it bite me on Saturday.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you!!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts