Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber's upcoming promotions

4K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  Driver Zero 
#1 ·
Anyone else signed up to do the Australia Day UberUmpire and the Red Cross clothing collection activities?
I love doing this stuff, will post some post activity reports and pics later!

#13 ·
Here we have another example of completely untrained unqualified uninsured peeples faking it till they're making it.

If you're going to do paid work in a backyard full of peeples you're going to need something called public liability insurance.

If you're going to be a paid cricket umpire you should know something of the rules. Is their no end to the magic Fuber can conjure out of its drivers !

The mind just boggles it really does ! Please don't tell me the red cross work gets the drivers to pretend they're doctors please don't !

BTW Haven't Fuber drivers been pretending for years they are trained qualified and insured Cab drivers ! lol

#14 ·
Here we have another example of completely untrained unqualified uninsured peeples faking it till they're making it.
If you're going to do paid work in a backyard full of peeples you're going to need something called public liability insurance.
If you're going to be a paid cricket umpire you should know something of the rules. Is their no end to the magic Fuber can conjure out of its drivers !
The mind just boggles it really does ! Please don't tell me the red cross work gets the drivers to pretend they're doctors please don't !
BTW Haven't Fuber drivers been pretending for years they are trained qualified and insured Cab drivers ! lol
SneakyPete I can only conclude there was some "excessive celebration" happening when you posted the above.
You make a lot of assumptions in your post that aren't backed up by anything. And you know what they say about assumptions...
Optus, Uber and Cricket Australia didn't just decide to wing this!

#17 ·
Hi Ubersher, it isn't about the driver rating. It's more to do with getting in on the ground floor and who you know.
Drop in to the Fyshwick office and introduce yourself. You might get a gig leafleting in civic with the Uber Ladiez. Who knows?
Great to have more women drivers out there and on the forum. You Go Girl!

#20 ·
I received an email to express my interest in the Red Cross clothing collection promotion. I filled out the online form that I was interested and available but never heard anything back. I am guessing they have already contacted the drivers they want?

I little annoying as I made sure I would be free.

#21 ·
I received an email to express my interest in the Red Cross clothing collection promotion. I filled out the online form that I was interested and available but never heard anything back. I am guessing they have already contacted the drivers they want?
I little annoying as I made sure I would be free.
If you were selected you should have received a confirmation email from Edward on Thursday. If in doubt maybe email partners.canberra@uber.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.