Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received this in an email...

" As a reminder, the Uber experience is meant to be cashless. We are always happy to review your trips and make necessary adjustments to fares if you let us know about issues that arise, but riders should not have to open their wallets. If a rider offers a tip, please remind them that tipping is not necessary with Uber. New riders may not know about the tipping policy, and could feel cheated if they later learn that tipping was not required. Of course, if the rider still insists, you should accept the tip - you earned it!"

·
Banned
4,609 Posts
Not my job to say shit to PAX about the UBER experience...my job is A to B safely and efficently...price and info they need to call uber customer service ;)

I feel cheated about every day by UBER they don't care much.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Uber's PR is a little misguided. The last three words -- "you earned it!" -- means they're saying that every time you refuse a tip and the PAX takes it back then you actually earned something for which you were not paid.
POST # 4/Turbo : "A little misguided"?
THAT is being
Unconscienably Charitable to the RATED: 6th Worst Corporate Entity in America
for 2014. Rasier LLC SHOULD "bottom
out" in THAT category THIS YEAR. Why?

☆ ☆ THE TRUTH ABOUT #[F]UBER ☆ ☆
Avarice+Deceit+Hubris+Schadenfreude

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any excuse to save a dime people well take the pax know they should be tipping but they have an excuse thanks to uber but with a house going for 1 million average rent at 2500 I don't blame people for jumping on board that excuse

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
On basic rides , lyft passengers so far have not been tipping great. But 3-4 out of 10 beats ubers 0 any day of the week..

LYFT for all rides, Uber XL only to fill the gap. Until further notice.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
I've been getting tips on a fairly regular basis as of late. The only thing that comes out of my mouth is "Oh, well thank you and have a great day".

**** Uber. It's become obvious to me that even the pax now know how bad it is to drive for Uber.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I've been getting tips on a fairly regular basis as of late. The only thing that comes out of my mouth is "Oh, well thank you and have a great day".

**** Uber. It's become obvious to me that even the pax now know how bad it is to drive for Uber.
POST # 13/Teksaz: DANGER ! Will Robin-
son! I detect an Avatar
with the Unholy Aspect, the Mark of
The Beast : a hairline that matches those
of Eddie Munster, Paul Ryan and the
Nabob of Northridge !

·
Banned
3,215 Posts
Received this in an email...

" As a reminder, the Uber experience is meant to be cashless. We are always happy to review your trips and make necessary adjustments to fares if you let us know about issues that arise, but riders should not have to open their wallets. If a rider offers a tip, please remind them that tipping is not necessary with Uber. New riders may not know about the tipping policy, and could feel cheated if they later learn that tipping was not required. Of course, if the rider still insists, you should accept the tip - you earned it!"
Riiiight, as a driver I'm going to turn down an offer of a cash tip under any circumstances. Exactly what ****ing world does this pointless policy come from? The simple fact is, if a driver wishes not to tip the driver, s/he has four choices.
  1. Walk
  2. Bus
  3. Drive your own drunken ass, but don't whine to me when you kill yourself or pull a DUI.
  4. Be a total ******bag and stiff your driver on the tip, but don't whine to me when your rating tanks and no drivers take your pings.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Yep I agree, the customer pool has been pretty solid. They seem to get it and chose lyft over uber when available.
No doubt the customer pool is smaller , it takes longer for pings.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts