Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...........a big *** YOU to Black/SUV drivers.

They're basically trying to get us to do UberX fares by not counting BLK and SUV rides towards the promos.

It's clear that they are intent on being the new "yellow cab" of Manhattan - they are even targeting yellow drivers with their new radio ads.

I just had a customer the other day that said his last few uber's were just as bad as his previous experience of taking yellow cabs - which is the reason he switched to uber in the first place. Needless to say, he wasn't a satisfied uber passenger.

I'll stick to doing Juno rides instead - I'm hopeful that the customers that want a quality driver/ride will switch over to a company that is offering them.

·
Premium Member
9,095 Posts
...........a big *** YOU to Black/SUV drivers.

They're basically trying to get us to do UberX fares by not counting BLK and SUV rides towards the promos.

It's clear that they are intent on being the new "yellow cab" of Manhattan - they are even targeting yellow drivers with their new radio ads.

I just had a customer the other day that said his last few uber's were just as bad as his previous experience of taking yellow cabs - which is the reason he switched to uber in the first place. Needless to say, he wasn't a satisfied uber passenger.

I'll stick to doing Juno rides instead - I'm hopeful that the customers that want a quality driver/ride will switch over to a company that is offering them.
The quality is definitely suffering with Uber...now with the fact that u can get a 2006 vehicle and drive for Uber just comes to show u that Uber is desperate.

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
The quality is definitely suffering with Uber...now with the fact that u can get a 2006 vehicle and drive for Uber just comes to show u that Uber is desperate.
Personally I enjoy being driven around in a 10'year old vehicle. These mature cars have character. When you sit down in a car like this you a become part of history. Who knows how sat here before? Maybe Donald Trump? Who knows could Travis have been here? As I ride down 9th Ave I can feel the same potholes as these great people. I wonder if I could lift the rear seat from its base what would I find. It is as if I were sitting on a time capsule of NY. A few weeks ago I was picked up by an uber driver I remember his name was George, he told me that he bought his car used. He told me that the previous owner was Jon Voight. Things like this makes taking uber pool such a pleasure.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Personally I enjoy being driven around in a 10'year old vehicle. These mature cars have character. When you sit down in a car like this you a become part of history. Who knows how sat here before? Maybe Donald Trump? Who knows could Travis have been here? As I ride down 9th Ave I can feel the same potholes as these great people. I wonder if I could lift the rear seat from its base what would I find. It is as if I were sitting on a time capsule of NY. A few weeks ago I was picked up by an uber driver I remember his name was George, he told me that he bought his car used. He told me that the previous owner was Jon Voight. Things like this makes taking uber pool such a pleasure.
I'm guessing George looked something like this:
image.png

1 - 9 of 9 Posts