Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Uber is now posting these pathetic guarantees in Tucson: $20/per hour gross, 10pm to 2am Friday and Saturday nights.

In other words, after all of Uber's take, along with gas and vehicle costs, about 10-12 dollars an hour, depending on how lucky or unlucky you are with paid and unpaid miles and number of fares.

What is the point of this? You can easily make this much during the day, and should be making much more at night. Why would Uber even bother with such a low guarantee?

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
To encourage drivers to come out and drive.
What appears as a guarantee will definitely turn into a max earning potential.
Those that catch a big one early, will be throttled to allow others to catch up so uber is not on the hook for guarantee payment.

On the other hand, $20.00 is rich when compared to Tampa bay guarantees of $12.50/$15.00.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But it doesn't encourage me. I find it discouraging, in fact, that that is all they are willing to gamble that we will make per hour, on a busy weekend night.

Do you know of any evidence of this "throttling" claim? That sounds a bit overly suspicious to me.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I passed on this weekend's guaranteed $20 an hour I noticed that I get $20 in fares per hour as it is without responding to the email or text.

I was concerned that it would affect the normal functioning of the app as I've experienced it over 5 weeks but last night I averaged over $25 an hour net by that I mean the amount I ironed less uber fees.

It's very rare that you can't get 3 $7 gross rides in an hour in Chicago again from my own experience.

I made over $35 an hour gross in the 4-hour guaranteed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts