Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I found out today how uber works they negotiate the fare with the passenger. then they pay us based on the time and the mileage. that's why we get that big lag time after every ride while Lyft is able to calculate the ride immediately. So if Uber charges a customer $25 but based on the time and the mileage only pays 13 dollars. Uber gets to keep the difference and not pay us any Commission. This is why Uber benefits keeping the fares low.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this out because a passanger stayed in the car while Uber calculated his fare which was predetermined at $24.95. My payment $13.26. When I called Uber regarding this they confirmed exactly what I said in the post.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have only once ever spoke to someone at uber on the phone. It was when my wife's phone was stolen by her uber driver in NYC where we used to live.

I do not believe you that as a driver they spoke to you on the phone regarding such a small discrepancy

Right. And I am the queen of England

mweiss10 your profile caption is talking about suing uber and making a class action lawsuit against them and you want us to believe you are now in a special uber program where you can call them whenever you want?? I don't believe you and while that may not be important to you, I desipse people who spread false information

Reactions: Freebyrdie

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have only once ever spoke to someone at uber on the phone. It was when my wife's phone was stolen by her uber driver in NYC where we used to live.

I do not believe you that as a driver they spoke to you on the phone regarding such a small discrepancy

mweiss10 your profile caption is talking about suing uber and making a class action lawsuit against them and you want us to believe you are now in a special uber program where you can call them whenever you want?? I don't believe you and while that may not be important to you, I desipse people who spread false information

Try this phone number 1 800 593 7069

·
Registered
1,525 Posts

Uber does have a pilot phone support line. Most driver in San Francisco are part of it and there is a phone icon on our help screen to call Uber support. I however cannot as my area code is not part of the bay area.

·
Registered
932 Posts
So it isn't really something special or a program that you specifically are a part of.

A quick google of the number produces An explanation of the number. But I can't post the link bc it won't let me for some reason

·
Registered
450 Posts
There is no negotiating.

Uber gives an estimate and the passenger can either accept or decline it.

I have had several passengers wait around until the invoice came through on my side to compare. When there has been a discrepancy, the passenger emails Uber and request that their credit card be charge for the correct amount.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So it isn't really something special or a program that you specifically are a part of.

A quick google of the number produces An explanation of the number. But I can't post the link bc it won't let me for some reason
I never said it was anything special it's just part of my app

·
Registered
165 Posts
So I found out today how uber works they negotiate the fare with the passenger. then they pay us based on the time and the mileage. that's why we get that big lag time after every ride while Lyft is able to calculate the ride immediately. So if Uber charges a customer $25 but based on the time and the mileage only pays 13 dollars. Uber gets to keep the difference and not pay us any Commission. This is why Uber benefits keeping the fares low.
This goes on every trip your just now noticing this?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
This goes on every trip your just now noticing this?
It's called a guaranteed fare. I posted a link to the program last week.
The fare is quoted up front. Uber then routes you the long way to the destination. Any surplus fare goes into Uber's pocket. Why? Because the PAX already agreed to pay the fare and you agreed to drive for 90 cents a mile.
It's definitely shady.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yea man you pretty much get paid what Uber decides the fare is worth not what the passenger and uber agreed to that amount is always higher.They basically skimming off the top plus 20-25% of the fare that they show you on the app.
Kinda sucks huh

It's called a guaranteed fare. I posted a link to the program last week.
The fare is quoted up front. Uber then routes you the long way to the destination. Any surplus fare goes into Uber's pocket. Why? Because the PAX already agreed to pay the fare and you agreed to drive for 90 cents a mile.
It's definitely shady.
Yes I realize this,so basically it pays better to long haul let's be honest.Shitty way of doing business but it is what it is

·
Registered
15,929 Posts

"Stolen"?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts