Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This new dynamic pricing system that Uber has introduced is going to force a lot of drivers off the road within months. I want to know who was the smart ass at Uber HQ that thought it was a good idea to make drivers pay more commission under the guise of "dynamic pricing"? Uber have seemingly been inspired by Elon Musk's antics.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
This new dynamic pricing system that Uber has introduced is going to force a lot of drivers off the road within months. I want to know who was the smart ass at Uber HQ that thought it was a good idea to make drivers pay more commission under the guise of "dynamic pricing"? Uber have seemingly been inspired by Elon Musk's antics.
Uber and Lyft just want the stupid drivers who don’t realize most of these rides are a pay cut in disguise. Especially since up front pricing.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I hate to say this and never thought I would, but I think after 8 years I think I'm about had enough, I think my next step is to get my Commercial Insurance and TCP license for California and go back to what I was doing when I was driving taxi, I was pretty much doing my own thing when I was driving taxi and I was very good at it I even had other drivers that network with for the customers that I couldn't serve on my own, and when you consider the outrageous rates Uber and Lyft charging many passengers I can easily undercut them.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Yeah I'm with you guys. This is the final straw. It seems any boost or surge zone bonus just puts you back to what a base fare was.

This will get all the vet drivers to exit
theres so many 6 dollar rides with long pickups, long rides seem to be way less money........
Long rides ARE way less money. I had one on Monday that was about $10 less than it would have been. I only took it because I was so far out of my area I wanted to get paid SOMETHING to get back, which is why it was such a low ball

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Dara is taking all the credit. Their 4th quarter numbers will be strong and Dara will be basking in the limelight. What the board doesn't know yet is that Dara is single handedly ruining their brand with rides not being fulfilled. I doubt he cares as long as he gets his performance bonus and eventually golden parachute.

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
10,354 Posts
The total number of rides is going to tank sharply. I'm seeing it tank sharply in my market as more and more scenerios "arn't worth it" for uber drivers and taxi fares are coming because there's people who need rides and... not enough uber drivers.

And we arn't even into December yet, which since 1971 has been a busy time for my market.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm a nyc driver, I noticed, they cut that extra money they used to pay from new jersey to ny for tolls been reduced. Ex, from ewr to nyc now $$22.59
Used to be $29.00 I believe. Did anyone noticed or I'm wrong?

·
Premium Member
2019 Reproduction 1860s era Stage Coach, Vintage Italian Leather Saddle, A-36 stainless horse shoes
10,354 Posts
Ive rejected at least 30 rides a day over not worth it. they tried to give me 11 dollar from Epcot to Ocoee the other day which is far by the way
pretty sure $1.50 or so of that is tolls.

for those who don’t know…
Water resources Property Map Ecoregion World

apopka Vineland road would be 18-24 miles with no tolls, and it ain’t a highway.

The other option is the longer path would run that fare to about 22-27 miles with $1.50 or so in tolls.

taxi Rates?

My guess is about $60. (Hard to guesstimate red light time)

So we have some Uber fares that are coming in as offers at 1/6th taxi rates, minus expenses.

·
Premium Member
1,873 Posts
i dropped it. I wasnt going to go to the middle of nowhere. I can stay in disney and I made more money in that time it took to do that trip. They did it again last night with several rides. I had Pookie in the car and he just laughed when i declined it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dara is taking all the credit. Their 4th quarter numbers will be strong and Dara will be basking in the limelight. What the board doesn't know yet is that Dara is single handedly ruining their brand with rides not being fulfilled. I doubt he cares as long as he gets his performance bonus and eventually golden parachute.
Uber has to be experiencing a lot of customer dissatisfaction. I have numerous riders tell me they kept getting ride requests cancelled or had to wait a long time, especially with short rides. I, for one, am cherry picking the hell out of my requests. Its the only way to make money.

·
Premium Member
3,279 Posts
I hate to say this and never thought I would, but I think after 8 years I think I'm about had enough, I think my next step is to get my Commercial Insurance and TCP license for California and go back to what I was doing when I was driving taxi, I was pretty much doing my own thing when I was driving taxi and I was very good at it I even had other drivers that network with for the customers that I couldn't serve on my own, and when you consider the outrageous rates Uber and Lyft charging many passengers I can easily undercut them.
I have thought the same thing but in my small city there is not enough business to make a profit after paying commercial insurance and a city taxi license.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
He also bought a tens of thousands of shares when it was at the lowest of 12$ Now it’s up. So he’ll cash out on that side too.

·
Premium Member
9,532 Posts
Uber has to be experiencing a lot of customer dissatisfaction. I have numerous riders tell me they kept getting ride requests cancelled or had to wait a long time, especially with short rides. I, for one, am cherry picking the hell out of my requests. Its the only way to make money.
If Uber concludes that rider dissatisfaction is too high they'll do what they always do which to use a stick rather a carrot with the drivers. They'll take away the destination info from the drivers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts