Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uber will be doing away with fare estimates altogether and giving riders a set price, we will no longer be paid for sitting in traffic, detours or multiple stops, round trips and the like. I often stop at wawA for customers and drop off people at multiple locations. Obviously we won't be able to do this anymore. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is the first i've heard of this. Uber is going downhill in many ways. This is just the newest one. My interest in staying with Uber is less and less each day. Any idea when this will happen ?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is the first i've heard of this. Uber is going downhill in many ways. This is just the newest one. My interest in staying with Uber is less and less each day. Any idea when this will happen ?
I saw the article on the channel 10 news site. I had heard about it but now that it is being reported, it gives validity to it. Not sure when though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Uber will be doing away with fare estimates altogether and giving riders a set price, we will no longer be paid for sitting in traffic, detours or multiple stops, round trips and the like. I often stop at wawA for customers and drop off people at multiple locations. Obviously we won't be able to do this anymore. What are your thoughts?
http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/24/technology/uber-surge-pricing-upfront-fares/

Read the article carefully, it notes that several of your assumptions above are not accurate.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The Android app has been giving set prices for UberX for weeks, but it says $x.xx and UP. So that is probably the minimum estimate.

The bigger thing is that it looks like they are experimenting in some areas with eliminating the surge multiplier prompt, so people will just see a price, and no indication of what the surge multiplier actually is.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts