Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/...imes&smtyp=cur&referer=http://m.facebook.com/

This means they have the ability to use data on our driving patterns to decide how much they want us to earn as well.

Now...how many of u, who have been driving long enough, have seen surge colour patches mysteriously disappeared around your car?

No matter where u go, and how fast u drive into surge area, it will somehow become surgeless within a 1-2km radius around u.

I have even had pings showing zero surge coming when i am in 1.5x surge zone. I cancelled and the next one then came with 1.5x.

Imagine just 10 drivers everyday who just accept anything that comes, how much will Uber pocket?

Unethical at its best..

·
Registered
587 Posts
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/...imes&smtyp=cur&referer=http://m.facebook.com/

This means they have the ability to use data on our driving patterns to decide how much they want us to earn as well.

Now...how many of u, who have been driving long enough, have seen surge colour patches mysteriously disappeared around your car?

No matter where u go, and how fast u drive into surge area, it will somehow become surgeless within a 1-2km radius around u.

I have even had pings showing zero surge coming when i am in 1.5x surge zone. I cancelled and the next one then came with 1.5x.

Imagine just 10 drivers everyday who just accept anything that comes, how much will Uber pocket?

Unethical at its best..
Are you even on the right track? Article and video say A, you say B.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts
The Liberals have audacity, are good at capitalism and innovations. Their playground: California.

Conservatives enshired by the likes of George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Paul Wolfowitz pursued US global military monopolization and regime change in Islamic nations by way of orchatrating the events of 9/11 in order to drum up domestic support for going to war in the Mid-east which Washington claimed were the 'axis of evil' brandishing WMD and terrorists. Donald Trump another conversavative, white supremacist and Zionist is posied to continue the work of the Bush's admnistration. Woes be to the world!

:mad:

·
Registered
587 Posts
My point is they are using technology to play the game to manipulate outcomes that suits their objectives.

If they can do it on the corporate level, then they will do it at the drivers level.
Although I don't quite agree with your supposition made without concrete evidence, I'd rather take your side than uber's.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Although I don't quite agree with your supposition made without concrete evidence, I'd rather take your side than uber's.
Yeah...its pretty much an assumption.

But its based on what I've encountered so far.

The occurence of surge missing within a 2km radius around my "blue dot" is happening more frequent than ever is updated very regularly.

Start at point A...no surge around...Point B to the west is surging...Point C to the east is surging.

I chose to attack Point C which is 5 mins drive away...reached point C and online....map is refreshed showing surge at Point A and Point B while surge at current point is gone...

Having said that, theres no way i would have know if this was intentional... i think not even sg uber office staff will know. Because all these are managed and controlled apparently in Philippines office where all your in-app Help and hotline is routed.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've had an experience where I was in a surge area and the rider was 100m away from me. I accepted the ping and sent the rider home only to discover uber paid me without surge. Mudderfarkers!

·
Registered
73 Posts
They mask the actual surge or boost and earn the mask value. I have kena couple of times when whole map are in red bcos of heavy rain in island wide yet I'm at Steven road or Adam road during morning 8+ am weekday, but come in order at 0 surge or boost after I accepted. So I cancel and next one still the same things, so piss off to off the Apps and go office to work. I wrote an email complaint they said no surge or boost at all even I capture the screen to show them, they said the order came in while surge or boost ended. In my mind fxxk off. This only resolve at night.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
...always check again after u hv accepted a request. if it shows no surge or boost where it supposes to hv, simply cancel it..... :p if u r the pro, do a screenshot so tat u hv the surge/boost captured too:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
The case I mentioned happened to me a few moons ago. I went to a surge area and waited. The surge was >2. I took a screengrab. < 10s later a ping came in and I accepted it. The rider was <100 m away. Uber claims that by the time I reached the rider which took <1 min, the surge had gone. I argued that surge and boost valid at time of acceptance, not time of reaching. They still denied my claim even though I showed them the screengrab.

Nowadays, I take a pic of every ping that comes in. And also a pic of my GPS map of every location I alight the rider should there be multiple stops. (I also had an issue with that which led me to take pics).

For newbies wanting to learn, if you are using an iPhone 6 or better, place your phone holder on the extreme right and close to the A pillar. Adjust the phone and holder until the on/off button of your iPhone is resting against the A pillar. When the ping comes in, simple push your phone to the right with your left hand while pressing the home button with your right thumb to take a pic. I find this to be more manageable than using your right index finger to press the on/off button. Try it. It's easy and you can even do it on the go!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Did we read the same article? This is about parsing out pings from sting operations. Albeit they do use ghost cars, which does appear to validate our suspicions of ghost cars on our own maps for other potentially nefarious reasons.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The case I mentioned happened to me a few moons ago. I went to a surge area and waited. The surge was >2. I took a screengrab. < 10s later a ping came in and I accepted it. The rider was <100 m away. Uber claims that by the time I reached the rider which took <1 min, the surge had gone. I argued that surge and boost valid at time of acceptance, not time of reaching. They still denied my claim even though I showed them the screengrab.

Nowadays, I take a pic of every ping that comes in. And also a pic of my GPS map of every location I alight the rider should there be multiple stops. (I also had an issue with that which led me to take pics).

For newbies wanting to learn, if you are using an iPhone 6 or better, place your phone holder on the extreme right and close to the A pillar. Adjust the phone and holder until the on/off button of your iPhone is resting against the A pillar. When the ping comes in, simple push your phone to the right with your left hand while pressing the home button with your right thumb to take a pic. I find this to be more manageable than using your right index finger to press the on/off button. Try it. It's easy and you can even do it on the go!
wah...u every gps map oso take...no need lah, save your breath lah... no point argue with them.... when ping comes, u either c it or too busy to c due to driving or 老花。。:p。。nvr mind, just check the details of the accepted request. if its right, then snap n proceed. if not, just cancel the BS.... its norm, im in the surge zones n kana 3 nonsurged, 10mins away pings...no choice lah, just cancel n get silent by Uba for 2mins...n start again...:D tats Uba's life..

·
Registered
587 Posts
wah...u every gps map oso take...no need lah, save your breath lah... no point argue with them.... when ping comes, u either c it or too busy to c due to driving or 老花。。:p。。nvr mind, just check the details of the accepted request. if its right, then snap n proceed. if not, just cancel the BS.... its norm, im in the surge zones n kana 3 nonsurged, 10mins away pings...no choice lah, just cancel n get silent by Uba for 2mins...n start again...:D tats Uba's life..
The measures I've devised and taken are protectionist in nature. I learned it the hard way but for me, I don't allow myself to get played more than once. "Fool me once, shame on you ; fool me twice, shame on me". So far, I've not run into any more problems like the ones I encountered after employing the strategy I used.

Sometimes it's not that uber wants to cheat but their software has holes that need to be plugged. What better way to fight it than with evidence? Other companies also screw people all the time...like raising rentals and reducing incentives. So let's not kid ourselves that only uber seems to be cheating. Others cheat too.

·
Registered
132 Posts

U can enable the accessbility function on iphone so u can take screenshot or switch between apps by just tapping on the screen instead of needing to press the home button.

Another question is if u are about to finish your current trip and another request comes in no surge/boost, will u cancel it to see what the map looks like at that point of time or just accept the next trip request?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont care if manipulate or not, as long each time end trip the final bill comes in is ;)

(just share, one time my friend write in feedback why the fare collected not what he expected, they revise the total up $12 from 30something to forty plus)

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
The measures I've devised and taken are protectionist in nature. I learned it the hard way but for me, I don't allow myself to get played more than once. "Fool me once, shame on you ; fool me twice, shame on me". So far, I've not run into any more problems like the ones I encountered after employing the strategy I used.

Sometimes it's not that uber wants to cheat but their software has holes that need to be plugged. What better way to fight it than with evidence? Other companies also screw people all the time...like raising rentals and reducing incentives. So let's not kid ourselves that only uber seems to be cheating. Others cheat too.
its not only this, sometime when u reached the pickup ptn, the POOL screen pop up...wataF.... i kana, i think, a couple of times....:mad::mad: if pool is onsite, no choice but to carryout the work n quickly.off the incoming request...if not, quickly cancel n zooom away...:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
U can enable the accessbility function on iphone so u can take screenshot or switch between apps by just tapping on the screen instead of needing to press the home button.

Another question is if u are about to finish your current trip and another request comes in no surge/boost, will u cancel it to see what the map looks like at that point of time or just accept the next trip request?
Neat trick on the accessibility function. Will explore.

To answer your question, when new ping comes in, you can't see the details if you're viewing the map. Simply switch apps to uber and you'll be able to see details plus able to take pic. Then switch back to map app.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Neat trick on the accessibility function. Will explore.

To answer your question, when new ping comes in, you can't see the details if you're viewing the map. Simply switch apps to uber and you'll be able to see details plus able to take pic. Then switch back to map app.
What I meant was being able to see the map on where the surge areas are and whether they are nearby u or not. But u can't see the surge/boost areas when u are still on a current trip.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts