Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here's another account of the same incident.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ber-ceo-argues-with-driver-over-falling-fares

Kalanick: "Some people don't like to take responsibility for their own shit. They blame everything in their life on somebody else. Good luck!"

Kamel: "Good luck to you, but I know [you're not] going to go far."

The door slams. Kamel drives away. Later, the Uber driver app prompts him to rate Kalanick, as he does all his riders. Kamel gives him one star.

Uber is a classic example of what happens when you have the problem dictating the solution.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How are they going to go public when they're still burning through so much cash? That would not be a smart move. I would warn investors to stay far away. Putting money in Uber would be crazy.
There is still a great opportunity between what you have now and a taxi cab.....who ever can figure that out will dominate.....most of Ubers problems are self inflicted....

·
Registered
566 Posts
There is still a great opportunity between what you have now and a taxi cab
That is totally true. But Uber will never realize that potential with Kalanick in charge. Let competitors fight for the low dollar pax. Waze has a plan for car pooling about about half of Uber's rates. Let them have the bottom feeders. Compete with cab companies, not the city bus!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Uber lowers rates to unsustainable low costs and does tons of rides at a loss just to show bean counters they have millions more added to an unrealistic rider base who would disappear in a heart beat at real market prices. Going back to riding bicycles and begging their mom for a ride. Fuber floods the market with noob sucker drivers on every corner and it's the "drivers fault" for not being able to afford to drive for Uber. The morons also just hired a NASA rocket scientist and are now pretending to be inventing flying Uber cars. Anything to keep the Fuber stock scam going. The sooner Uber goes belly up the better for man kind.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They are doing a piece on the Uber pool wages and how they are stealing extra money from us. I have been sending over all this info that a lady from Bloomberg is asking for. With screenshots of the customers receipts what I was actually paid. They are already over 3700 in siphoned fees from the difference the tell you riders paid and what they actually paid. And on your 1099 they are charging you for the whole thing. Even what they stole. It should be juicy! Can't wait.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
They are doing a piece on the Uber pool wages and how they are stealing extra money from us. I have been sending over all this info that a lady from Bloomberg is asking for. With screenshots of the customers receipts what I was actually paid. They are already over 3700 in siphoned fees from the difference the tell you riders paid and what they actually paid. And on your 1099 they are charging you for the whole thing. Even what they stole. It should be juicy! Can't wait.
Once the IRS figure out the Fuber IRS scam they won't be able to do legal business. It is not sustainable if it is legal. You can't have a millions of drivers running around paying no taxes per mile and fuber not paying any either because they put it all on driver expenses.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
He REALLY should be cut off from any income, forced to get a loan out on a $70,000 SUV, buy commercial insurance, do everything it takes to become legal, and see if he can make it on Uber Black. He doesn't get it. He ruined the brand. He ruined the entire model.
Uber's new business model is make super low paying trips, up the commission, and hike the booking fee. Sounds like K-Marts model. Hey how's K-Mart doing?

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
We can't wait ! There's nothing in the agreement that says Uber is allowed to take anything but the 20-25% and booking fees. If they are taking more then they are skimming, plain and simple.

It's crazy that they are actually having the audacity to put the entire fare on our 1099 as if it's our fare it's ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,746 Posts
Hopefully, this puts Big Foober a little closer to closing up shop forever.

1 - 20 of 368 Posts