Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,045 Posts
i try to avoid u-turns when every possible, u-turns are not always safe or legal
In my Vegas market , U turns are a must . And in Vegas , it’s only an illegal Uturn if you hit a car or pedestrian . Police could give 2 shits here , they have bigger problems to deal with , I love that about Vegas , cops leave you alone unless your drivin like a madman .

· Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
As a general rule, I don't pull into driveways for 2 reasons: 1) Probably 5% of the time the address is close but a house off, I drive overnight, don't want to disturb the wrong house 2) I drive in high crime areas, and prefer to stay at the curb in case a quick exit is needed
As a rule, I don’t pull into a driveway until I see someone come outside and acknowledge they are my pax, or I see luggage. Doesn’t mean I can’t stop in the street and wait without driving a extra mile to follow Ubers convoluted route.

· Premium Member
3,829 Posts
I don't pull into people's driveways, Only Exception is it's a long driveway and it's inconvenient to bring down the luggage so therefore the only exception is luggage, you are some guy or girl driving an unmarked car, you are not a taxi with a taxi sign outside and some of you don't even put the Rideshare trade dress in your windows, do you really want to be some man or woman an unmarked car sitting in someone's driveway and the husband or wife comes home home and think you're the other man or woman they may be fooling around with or having an affair, use your head.

· Premium Member
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I don't pull into people's driveways, Only Exception is it's a long driveway and it's inconvenient to bring down the luggage so therefore the only exception is luggage, you are some guy or girl driving an unmarked car, you are not a taxi with a taxi sign outside and some of you don't even put the Rideshare trade dress in your windows, do you really want to be some man or woman an unmarked car sitting in someone's driveway and the husband or wife comes home home and think you're the other man or woman they may be fooling around with or having an affair, use your head.
As a rule, I don’t pull into a driveway until I see someone come outside and acknowledge they are my pax, or I see luggage. Doesn’t mean I can’t stop in the street and wait without driving a extra mile to follow Ubers convoluted route.

· Premium Member
208 Posts
Lyft and Waze does basically the same to me. Zig-zagging through neighborhoods that do absolutely nothing but waste my time and tack extra , un needed miles onto the riders' tab. I literally check every ride on the Waze apl to make sure I'm not being taken 2 miles out of my way .
And then I have this question . Say a rider is given a price for a ride and me checking the route for accuracy, find that I can shave 2 miles off the riders' route , theres no savings for the rider, correct? The amount that is shown at the beginning of the ride remains the same no matter what is done to shave off unnecessary miles.?

· Premium Member
257 Posts
It's up to the driver to figure out the most efficient route. Navigation is a suggestion.
In my market, the city has lot of red-line streets in the app (sometimes they are red-lined on other nav. apps) These are streets, that for political purposes, the Uber app won't navigate you on and are marked with a red line in the app. Experienced drivers ignore this non-sense. It's quite comical driving down a red-line street watching the app go nuts trying to route you another way.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts