Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
It is being beta-tested by Uber and it's not been released yet it doesn't seem like it's a bad idea if it projects up on your windshield and you turn it on as you pick your passengers up I wouldn't have it on driving down the road nor would I have something on top of my car

·
Registered
587 Posts
IMO, I think uber and grab will lose many drivers if they were to have this compulsory decal (temper proof to add on!) stuck to the car windshields. This really makes cars become taxis.

Every driver knows that pax can spot our car numbers even in a congested area. The uber logo doesn't really make a difference. And in popular places like vivocity etc, there will be several uber cars waiting for pax. Even if all the cars are fitted with the decal, it doesn't solve the problem. Pax still have to look at the no plates.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
IMO, I think uber and grab will lose many drivers if they were to have this compulsory decal (temper proof to add on!) stuck to the car windshields. This really makes cars become taxis.

Every driver knows that pax can spot our car numbers even in a congested area. The uber logo doesn't really make a difference. And in popular places like vivocity etc, there will be several uber cars waiting for pax. Even if all the cars are fitted with the decal, it doesn't solve the problem. Pax still have to look at the no plates.
Its meant to satisfy TD. Funny thing is, they choose to believe that such nonsense will cripple a billion dollar company while they continue looking up to the sky from their well. Say......does the sky really looks round from bottom here? Or just me?

·
Registered
379 Posts

Then the next moment you will see vivocity have free illumination party!

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
It is being beta-tested by Uber and it's not been released yet it doesn't seem like it's a bad idea if it projects up on your windshield and you turn it on as you pick your passengers up I wouldn't have it on driving down the road nor would I have something on top of my car
I have one. you mount a magnet on the windshield, and the beacon sticks to the magnet. you connect the app to tje beacon with your phones Bluetooth, when you are online it glows a dim white.

When you get a ping as you get closer to the rider they get the option to pick a color, I've seen red, blue, green and yellow so far. the beacon glows that color and their phone screen matches the color.

In theory they hold up their phone so you can spot them or they spot you. I only used it one night, it worked well.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.