Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,320 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
IMO, Uber will be regulated under federal rules soon.
Starting from whether drivers are employees...etc
I like the Uber's concept and I grateful that I've got a job but in the mean time the way I see it that Uber has a problem in each and every county and countries. It makes me feel sad beside my criticism for Uber's rating system and policy specially whenever it's related to drivers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
IMO, Uber will be regulated under federal rules soon.
Starting from whether drivers are employees...etc
I like the Uber's concept and I grateful that I've got a job but in the mean time the way I see it that Uber has a problem in each and every county and countries. It makes me feel sad beside my criticism for Uber's rating system and policy specially whenever it's related to drivers.
Nothing happens fast at the Federal level. My guess is that each area needs to decide for itself. Uber is not perfect, but is CERTAINLY a HUGE improvement on the taxi.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Regulations are needed, plain and simple.
Otherwise there would be chaos.
It has nothing to do with the Uber driver making a living, anyone who states that is an idiot.
Regulations are needed, licenses are needed and proper insurance is needed.
Florida has a very broad open public records act, it deters corruption as well as acts to vet out corruption by displaying any and all campaign monies used and accepted by politicians.

·
Premium Member
4,583 Posts
I suspect someone in that article is our friend Ace Richards.

"Yellow Cab and Gaddis have been big campaign contributors to the commission campaigns..."
Hmmm, do you think that has any influence on the way the Commissions are regulating Uber, and ignoring the citizen's wishes/input?
John
And you don't think UBER is donating money?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I suspect someone in that article is our friend Ace Richards.

"Yellow Cab and Gaddis have been big campaign contributors to the commission campaigns..."
Hmmm, do you think that has any influence on the way the Commissions are regulating Uber, and ignoring the citizen's wishes/input?
John
Before it was just Floridiots here, Uber riders were high in demand all over South FL. Now that the fortunate smart Snowbirds are gone Uber demand is only in certain areas. I've seen Floridiots walk past UberX, UberXL, and UberSelect to get to dirty cabs which the price is 4 times higher than X and double the price of UberSelect. So if these idiots want to go out of their way like dumb cattle to ride in rude and dirty cabs instead of my immaculately clean Select, I will no longer waste my time campaigning for Uber in dumb ass SoFlo. This system has worked for years elsewhere, and struggled the whole time here in 1 year.

I will keep myself active on the Uber platform just in case Uber magically stays afloat and I can happily drive when the snowbirds return. You can fix problems, but you cannot fix stupid. Floridians will always be lazy and stupid. Even as I say this, none of them will do anything about saving their precious Uber money. They might talk mess, but they won't Do anything. I've tried. My efforts were not in vain. It just further proves I will have to do all the work alone. However, now that I have seen Floridiots walk past parked Uber cars, with Uber flags, and me passing out Uber ride promo cards, and these people look at me like I'm a nuisance, while walking all the way out of the Coral Sky Amphitheater to the grass to get in a dirty cab for $3 per mile plus $0.80 per minute, which is roughly $4 per mile, I'm done! These ding dongs rather walk a long way like cattle to find a cab and pass UberX for $1 per mile and Select half the price of a cab, I'm done. I need smart riders. I was at Club 11Eleven one weekend and the rider saw my car, asked me the color, cab guy spoke to him, guess what? Dumb rider got in cab and I'm still on the phone. What dude leaves a strip club at 5am and rather be in a dirty cab with a man who barely speaks English than hop in a benz with a girl driver? A Floridiot! Trust me if this were LA or LV not only would the guy prefer my car, he would have wanted me to drive him everywhere and tip me well. Here these dudes like to give money to ugly dudes. I never been so dumbfounded in my whole life. So before the illness of stupidity spreads my way, bye Uber. I will Uber just enough to stay active. Just in case Uber survives until the smart people return. Do the math, clean car, half the price, speaks English, happy to drive you, dot dot dot a no Brainer for most except SoFlo

·
Registered
742 Posts
Before it was just Floridiots here, Uber riders were high in demand all over South FL. Now that the fortunate smart Snowbirds are gone Uber demand is only in certain areas. I've seen Floridiots walk past UberX, UberXL, and UberSelect to get to dirty cabs which the price is 4 times higher than X and double the price of UberSelect. So if these idiots want to go out of their way like dumb cattle to ride in rude and dirty cabs instead of my immaculately clean Select, I will no longer waste my time campaigning for Uber in dumb ass SoFlo. This system has worked for years elsewhere, and struggled the whole time here in 1 year.

I will keep myself active on the Uber platform just in case Uber magically stays afloat and I can happily drive when the snowbirds return. You can fix problems, but you cannot fix stupid. Floridians will always be lazy and stupid. Even as I say this, none of them will do anything about saving their precious Uber money. They might talk mess, but they won't Do anything. I've tried. My efforts were not in vain. It just further proves I will have to do all the work alone. However, now that I have seen Floridiots walk past parked Uber cars, with Uber flags, and me passing out Uber ride promo cards, and these people look at me like I'm a nuisance, while walking all the way out of the Coral Sky Amphitheater to the grass to get in a dirty cab for $3 per mile plus $0.80 per minute, which is roughly $4 per mile, I'm done! These ding dongs rather walk a long way like cattle to find a cab and pass UberX for $1 per mile and Select half the price of a cab, I'm done. I need smart riders. I was at Club 11Eleven one weekend and the rider saw my car, asked me the color, cab guy spoke to him, guess what? Dumb rider got in cab and I'm still on the phone. What dude leaves a strip club at 5am and rather be in a dirty cab with a man who barely speaks English than hop in a benz with a girl driver? A Floridiot! Trust me if this were LA or LV not only would the guy prefer my car, he would have wanted me to drive him everywhere and tip me well. Here these dudes like to give money to ugly dudes. I never been so dumbfounded in my whole life. So before the illness of stupidity spreads my way, bye Uber. I will Uber just enough to stay active. Just in case Uber survives until the smart people return. Do the math, clean car, half the price, speaks English, happy to drive you, dot dot dot a no Brainer for most except SoFlo
Don't get upset, relax, do not blaime the floridian riders, they still using Uber and they like it.
It's Uber's FAULT for over saturated and flooded the streets with drivers.
It's like opening 5 Publix supermarkets in one mile diameter !!!! Is not going to increase the business.
It is actually considered as more demand than supply . Add to it, that's NOT the snowbirds time.
I've been driving for almost a year, we had golden time before Uber made rates cut twice in one year and lowered the drivers income.
I love the Uber's concept, is amazing but IMO Uber is destroying the drivers, most professional drivers are NOT driving anymore.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Don't get upset, relax, do not blaime the floridian riders, they still using Uber and they like it.
It's Uber's FAULT for over saturated and flooded the streets with drivers.
It's like opening 5 Publix supermarkets in one mile diameter !!!! Is not going to increase the business.
It is actually considered as more demand than supply . Add to it, that's NOT the snowbirds time.
I've been driving for almost a year, we had golden time before Uber made rates cut twice in one year and lowered the drivers income.
I love the Uber's concept, is amazing but IMO Uber is destroying the drivers, most professional drivers are NOT driving anymore.
True to everything but it is not the Floridiots riders fault. I witnessed them choosing to not Uber. They walked passed all the Uber cars lined up at the concert. They could literally pick the car they wanted. A few did. They walked up and we put their phone next to the driver's phone and most of the time the ping went to that driver. But as I was handing out promo cards people were walking past us, and off the property to the grass where the cabs were. This blatantly tells me many of them Don't want it! Only a few used Uber. Most of the Floridiots walked by. If they wanted Uber they would turn their apps on. It is way more riders than drivers. They're just stupid. The Snowbirds loved us. I saw the same happen in Miami at a few clubs. One being Eleven. The rider saw me, spoke with the cabbie, got in the cab negotiated and then hung up on me. This is clearly a sign of they don't give a darn.

·
Registered
742 Posts
True to everything but it is not the Floridiots riders fault. I witnessed them choosing to not Uber. They walked passed all the Uber cars lined up at the concert. They could literally pick the car they wanted. A few did. They walked up and we put their phone next to the driver's phone and most of the time the ping went to that driver. But as I was handing out promo cards people were walking past us, and off the property to the grass where the cabs were. This blatantly tells me many of them Don't want it! Only a few used Uber. Most of the Floridiots walked by. If they wanted Uber they would turn their apps on. It is way more riders than drivers. They're just stupid. The Snowbirds loved us. I saw the same happen in Miami at a few clubs. One being Eleven. The rider saw me, spoke with the cabbie, got in the cab negotiated and then hung up on me. This is clearly a sign of they don't give a darn.
It's a free market, is up the riders to choose, it's like when a driver chooses to drive for Lyft only.
No doubt that the snowbirds are more likely Uber's fans and pay the surge prices without complaining.
On the other side Uner is going On-Off a battle between legal or illegal creating a likelyhood of confusion for riders too, some riders are worried using Uber.
Hope that Uber and local authorities will find solutions for the best interest for all.
Uber Rates need to be increased at least 30% and the flawed abusive rating system should be fixed in order for the drivers NOT to get abused and exploited neither by Uber nor by the Riders.
Just like any other businesses, everybody has the right to be happy.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It's a free market, is up the riders to choose, it's like when a driver chooses to drive for Lyft only.
No doubt that the snowbirds are more likely Uber's fans and pay the surge prices without complaining.
On the other side Uner is going On-Off a battle between legal or illegal creating a likelyhood of confusion for riders too, some riders are worried using Uber.
Hope that Uber and local authorities will find solutions for the best interest for all.
Uber Rates need to be increased at least 30% and the flawed abusive rating system should be fixed in order for the drivers NOT to get abused and exploited neither by Uber nor by the Riders.
Just like any other businesses, everybody has the right to be happy.
Nope, these riders were not concerned for their well-being. Most of them were seriously drunk and I had no plans of putting them in my car. I did try to help the other drivers and pass out the cards. These ding dongs were just following the people in front of them. No profound decisions were made, just dumb drunks who are used to taking cabs. It is fine this is what they choose. I'm just saying don't blame it all on Uber. There are millions of people in soflo and a few thousand drivers for Uber. On occasion like the concert, there were hundreds if not thousands of people who were not driving and only like under 10 Uber drivers waiting for pings.

I just don't care right now and I call it how I see it. Soflo doesn't care about Uber. It is the people who travel here that the bulk of us make money from. This is nothing new, that's why Florida has seasonal money. Either people are too broke here or too dumb to keep businesses and employees from struggling off season. Cheap ass FL

·
Registered
652 Posts
Nope, these riders were not concerned for their well-being. Most of them were seriously drunk and I had no plans of putting them in my car. I did try to help the other drivers and pass out the cards. These ding dongs were just following the people in front of them. No profound decisions were made, just dumb drunks who are used to taking cabs. It is fine this is what they choose. I'm just saying don't blame it all on Uber. There are millions of people in soflo and a few thousand drivers for Uber. On occasion like the concert, there were hundreds if not thousands of people who were not driving and only like under 10 Uber drivers waiting for pings.

I just don't care right now and I call it how I see it. Soflo doesn't care about Uber. It is the people who travel here that the bulk of us make money from. This is nothing new, that's why Florida has seasonal money. Either people are too broke here or too dumb to keep businesses and employees from struggling off season. Cheap ass FL
Keep up the good work. We need more conscientious drivers like you. The Floridiots need education. LOL

·
Registered
474 Posts
Phew. I thought he was serious.

IMO, you may be a nice person, but most of your posts are diarrhea of the month and make no sense.
Don't find out the hard way. I wasn't talking to you. I know most of the Uber haters have boring lives so they post like every week, better yet everyday. Just don't start with me. Your posts are always boring hence I haven't spoken to you before. Get a life other than trolling

Bye Felicia

1 - 20 of 98 Posts