Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching the rider on my tablet this morning prior to dropping off my pax. I had almost reached the destination & there were no other cars (any) on the street with me. I noticed that I had appeared on the rider app even though I was on the existing trip.

This was an interesting revelation to me that even if we are the closest unbooked uber, we are still competing against an uber finishing the ride which also appears on the app as an available car.

I've also had a numer of pax tell me on their rider app that they regularly see ubers in their area, but when they request the uber it gets given to a car that is a significant distance from them....

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes I expect that is the basis for getting stacked rides
That you will finish your existing ride and get to the rider before any available car can

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
I personally believe that stacked riders get preference over an empty car as the ping request stays longer than normal. That would suggest Uber would give the job to a stacked driver first.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I had almost reached the destination & there were no other cars (any) on the street with me. I noticed that I had appeared on the rider app even though I was on the existing trip.
Thats how stacked pings work..... As you get close, you become 'free', ready to be booked again for the next ride!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Just start refusing to accept stacked requests, they are using us and we are eating our cars.
On what logic is refusing a stacked ping a good thing? For a driver, a STACKED ping is normally great. No waiting between jobs, stacked pings are normally with a few mins of the last drop off you just did and if its a 20 min away stacked ping (never seen one btw) then use one of your 5% of jobs you're allowed to cancel to cancel it.

You are a uber driver, you eat your car out no mater what. So this way, you'll be 'eating your car' less,, by doing a stacked ping, rather than let it time out, finish your job and then drive around for 5 mins waiting for another job.

Example, had a drop off the other day, about 4 mins away, got a stacked ping. Accepted it. Arrived at drop off, and worked out my next pickup was the same place. So door opened, pax 1 got out, pax 2 out in. Door closed. Away I went! BONUS!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
On what logic is refusing a stacked ping a good thing? For a driver, a STACKED ping is normally great. No waiting between jobs, stacked pings are normally with a few mins of the last drop off you just did and if its a 20 min away stacked ping (never seen one btw) then use one of your 5% of jobs you're allowed to cancel to cancel it.

You are a uber driver, you eat your car out no mater what. So this way, you'll be 'eating your car' less,, by doing a stacked ping, rather than let it time out, finish your job and then drive around for 5 mins waiting for another job.

Example, had a drop off the other day, about 4 mins away, got a stacked ping. Accepted it. Arrived at drop off, and worked out my next pickup was the same place. So door opened, pax 1 got out, pax 2 out in. Door closed. Away I went! BONUS!
Exactly, I don't understand what is not to like about stacked pings.

I've had a couple where the current pax wants to continue on elsewhere, or changed their minds, or whatever, but in general, I'm happy with a stacked ping, almost always works really well.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I've had a couple where the current pax wants to continue on elsewhere, or changed their minds, or whatever, but in general, I'm happy with a stacked ping, almost always works really well.
Yeah me too... If thats the case, then I let those ones time out! Its normally while the pax is changing the dest.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts