Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The alleged incidents of Sexual Assault involving Uber Drivers are just getting completely out of hand! I do not quite comprehend why this is so. This thread will be a compendium of these alleged incidents.
I will be posting & tweeting about these incidents with the hashtag #UberRAPE

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

"Elkaddi wore a red prison jumpsuit, waved to his family, and listened to the court hearing with the help of an interpreter. He is from Morocco and has been a U.S. citizen for 7 years."

Does anyone else see a problem with this picture?

JM2¢W

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
"Elkaddi wore a red prison jumpsuit, waved to his family, and listened to the court hearing with the help of an interpreter. He is from Morocco and has been a U.S. citizen for 7 years."

Does anyone else see a problem with this picture?

JM2¢W
No, what's the problem?

My mom speaks enough english to get her citizenship, but there is no way she could do legal stuff without an interpreter.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
GooberX said:
My mom speaks enough english to get her citizenship, but there is no way she could do legal stuff without an interpreter
It is noted the man is 39 years old. He has been in this country a minimum of 12 yrs (5 yrs on a green card &
7 yrs as a citizen). So he has been here since he was 27 years old, young enough to be able to be fluent in n English by now. He also works in an industry where one should be able to speak/comprehend English.

My initial comment was not about your mother who is probably in her 70's. So don't get defensive.

JM2¢W

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
What's with UberRape?
My .02:
Uber abused it's original top tier, 2nd tier, and tertiary tier drivers.
Now Uber must approve those who should not be approved to drive.

My half joking theory is they call city police Hackney division and ask for their reject list.

·
Registered
919 Posts
The alleged incidents of Sexual Assault involving Uber Drivers are just getting completely out of hand! I do not quite comprehend why this is so. This thread will be a compendium of these alleged incidents.
Uber is an easy system to get into for who has intensions to meet people. Very easy to cheat the system.
One can literally use anyones phone to drive around in an unmarked car pretending to be their driver.
There are so many things that can go wrong with uber that i dont know where to start.
Anyone could do the same actions with cabbing as well too but there are more strict regulatory hoops n checks before anyone becomes a driver.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I went through a thorough background check including fingerprinting for an FBI check, and a physical which included my first drug test outside of being a hospital.patient.

If more cities required the same background check, & Uber required proof it had been done before giving the applicant access to.the app, there might be less sexual assaults involving Uber in the headlines.

JM2¢W

·
Registered
922 Posts
Without regulation there will be abuse! Abuse and exploitation of drivers and abuse of the system by those who should not be driver's. Lest not we forget the pax who can enter any name, with any debit card. We really never know who we are picking up. We need regulation to insure fair and equal treatment for all.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Uber is an easy system to get into for who has intensions to meet people. Very easy to cheat the system.
One can literally use anyones phone to drive around in an unmarked car pretending to be their driver.
There are so many things that can go wrong with uber that i dont know where to start.
Anyone could do the same actions with cabbing as well too but there are more strict regulatory hoops n checks before anyone becomes a driver.
IMO those differences should be included in any discussion about pax safety. We often hear "cabbies do it too", so how about addressing how/if regulations make a difference in the rate, as well as investigations and repercussions. I don't want to hear anecdotes about gypsy cabs, those are not relevant. I'm referring to permitted cars and drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Not to forget....http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/1...any-admits-fault-by-employing-driver-accused/

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...er-driver-accused-of-rape-is-fraudulent.html/

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
IMO those differences should be included in any discussion about pax safety. We often hear "cabbies do it too", so how about addressing how/if regulations make a difference in the rate, as well as investigations and repercussions. I don't want to hear anecdotes about gypsy cabs, those are not relevant. I'm referring to permitted cars and drivers.
We are talking about is fingerprinted background checks for all ride for hire transportation companies..ALL!!

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
We are talking about is fingerprinted background checks for all ride for hire transportation companies..ALL!!
And it may NOT prevent a bad one, if they went without getting caught, but surely deters, AND gives public a sense that, even if the operator is sloppy or careless, the "public street managers" can be reached, complaints can be filed, etc. I'd just like to see fair and balanced presentations of the value of safety regulations. And if an argument cannot be made for its impact on safety, it's likely just a protectionist regulation which should be scrubbed for all. That's my wish list in Austin, at least :)

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
And it may NOT prevent a bad one, if they went without getting caught, but surely deters, AND gives public a sense that, even if the operator is sloppy or careless, the "public street managers" can be reached, complaints can be filed, etc. I'd just like to see fair and balanced presentations of the value of safety regulations. And if an argument cannot be made for its impact on safety, it's likely just a protectionist regulation which should be scrubbed for all. That's my wish list in Austin, at least :)
Yes agree.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
"If more cities required the same FBI background check as Houston does, & Uber required proof it (City Background Check) had been done before giving the applicant access to the app, there might be less sexual assaults involving Uber in the headlines." U.N.S.

If your city does not require fingerprinting for FBI checks, lobby your city council to change the ordinance! Uber is too quick to place drivers on the road.

AND if the potential driver has to bear the expense ($150-$200 dependent on clinic used for physical) that will weed out more people.

JM2¢W

·
Registered
295 Posts
And what about that Uber driver in India who masturbated in frond of a passenger.
Masturbating at passengers is something that Uber is definitely going to have to "come to grips" with
:p

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sorry, it is a serious topic, but I just loved that one...
I suppose that story might be true. Hmm.
Some guys are just weirdos...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts