1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
This is a thread by arto71 of an alleged sexual assault incident that Uber took No Action on for 40 Days till it was reported in the media on March 24th, 2015:

Woman Says She Was Raped By UberX Driver in Philadelphia
POST # 1&2/chi1cabby: Bostonian Bison
Thanks You for this
Hyperlinked Story, first brought to UPNF
Member's attention by Well-Known
arto71.

Strange that when Bison was
a "Greenhorn" he received his 1st Warn-
ing for "dragging up Old Threads". Well,
"R.H.I.P.: Rank Hath Its Privileges"
doesn't it ?

Speaking of Rank...the Latest Edition of
the 100%+ers Approval Ratings List has
appeared in the usual spot:

https://uberpeople.net/posts/338664

BTW: The Most Recent Calculation has
You moved up from 40th to 37th, but I'm
sure THAT figure has been eclipsed.......
AGAIN!

Want a Good Chuckle? Optimus Uber is
CERTAIN that despite needing about a
THOUSAND more likes, with his present
Message Count, to best St. Raquel of Sac-
ramento, he reminded me that it was a
"...matter of IF, not WHEN".

Bison Chortling....NOT holding breath!

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
POST # 1&2/chi1cabby: Bostonian Bison
Thanks You for this
Hyperlinked Story, first brought to UPNF
Member's attention by Well-Known
arto71.

Strange that when Bison was
a "Greenhorn" he received his 1st Warn-
ing for "dragging up Old Threads". Well,
"R.H.I.P.: Rank Hath Its Privileges"
doesn't it ?

Speaking of Rank...the Latest Edition of
the 100%+ers Approval Ratings List has
appeared in the usual spot:

BTW: The Most Recent Calculation has
You moved up from 40th to 37th, but I'm
sure THAT figure has been eclipsed.......
AGAIN!

Want a Good Chuckle? Optimus Uber is
CERTAIN that despite needing about a
THOUSAND more likes, with his present
Message Count, to best St. Raquel of Sac-
ramento, he reminded me that it was a
"...matter of IF, not WHEN".

Bison Chortling....NOT holding breath!
Rotflmao!!! Anyone for bison burgers for dinner?? I'm hungry, probably eat an entire bison by myself. Haha!!!

The irony is I don't know who Raquel is. Never seen one of her posts. She's number one but is a far distant memory from most members here, only a select few can recall her. It says allot to immortalize and live in the past when 90% of members scratch their heads and say who??

Let's face it, we should adorn a member who is no longer active in the forum with a whopping 500+ posts as they brought so much more to the forum than someone who has spent countless hours of their life educating us with over 7000+ posts that is still active in the forum.

Optimus uber chortling.

I know I can count on bison to give me a sympathetic like. :)

I love you man!!!

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Rotflmao!!! Anyone for bison burgers for dinner?? I'm hungry, probably eat an entire bison by myself. Haha!!!

The irony is I don't know who Raquel is. Never seen one of her posts. She's number one but is a far distant memory from most members here, only a select few can recall her. It says allot to immortalize and live in the past when 90% of members scratch their heads and say who??

Let's face it, we should adorn a member who is no longer active in the forum with a whopping 500+ posts as they brought so much more to the forum than someone who has spent countless hours of their life educating us with over 7000+ posts that is still active in the forum.

Optimus uber chortling.

I love you man!!!
POST # 6/Optimus Uber: Fellow #5 Nota-
ble, I value Your Good
Cheer and enjoy Your Posts & Threads, but
just a Smidge of Humility wouldn't hurt
You to display, occasionally.

FOR EVERYONE, ESPECIALLY THE 14,000+
UPNF Members that have joined us since
16 February 2015, please avail Yourself
of a Beloved "Retired" Member's Final
Thread at the link below:

https://uberpeople.net/posts/179217

Optimus Uber, please bear in mind that
the "Brightest candles burn most briefly."
Raquel was with Us for only 40 days. I
will search among my Statistical Archives
for Evidence of Any Comparable 40 days
in which YOU went 523M/1033L.

Mentoring Bison STILL MISSES:
Raquel
scrurbscrud
Long time Nyc cab driver
Worcester Sauce

·
Banned
9,012 Posts
Raquel was with Us for only 40 days. I
will search among my Statistical Archives
for Evidence of Any Comparable 40 days
in which YOU went 523M/1033L.
Thanks for compounding the data. Let me know how my data compares.

Did some reading and a bit of research, joined Jan. 8, left Februrary 25. She fell into the second round of Uber's known drivers that can't do the job and quit. Didn't see anything profound or life changing in her posts. Other than being a chic so allot of guys would respond and the fact that she would push back and be confrontational.

Looks like she was well liked because she was female that would talk shit to other posters. But if I talk shit and tell it like it is, I get warnings. It's the forum double standard. You can talk shit to some people but not others, because they are the forums special projects.

As far as humility, when you've walked a mile in my shoes, then judge me. Until you know where I've been and what my life entails, to judge me shows ignorance.

Do you honestly think I need this forum? I try and come here to help. But unfortunately, there are so many that think they have it figured out and want to keep pushing. Yeah, I may not tell people in a politically correct or a nice way that they are ****in' morons, but at least I don't sugar coat their stupidity.

I am sure that 40 days of her posts has had a dramatic and life changing impact on all of the 20,000 members that are registered on this board. Not to mention all of the drivers that drive for Uber. All she did was ***** and none of her *****ing changed a thing. Yeah, likeable. That's what the forum is about. Someone who was likeable months ago, not the current forum members that are here day after day trying to keep people informed and up to date. Those that didn't cower from the fight. We want to admire the ones that ran away. Because that's what true integrity is, run away and hide when you can't do something in life. When you lack the skill in life to make things work, you complain, it's someone else's fault. I am going to run away. So we create a list of the quitters. We put them high on the list, Because that is who we idolize, the ones that don't have it in them to make it work.

My apologies if I came off harsh. Feeling a bit unappreciated.

You even have CJASLN on that list, one of the biggest trolls of the forum. Do you honestly think I give a **** if I'm liked? I try to help through my own way. I get frustrated when I see stupid posts. I guess it's in my upbringing, what I think is common sense, in most it's just common stupidity. My responses, albeit vulgar, still justified. Sometimes, people need a crack across the head to wake them up.

Anyway, you can keep your list and all of the peeps on it they are extinct and don't participate. In fact you can add me to the list. Being liked is one thing, being appreciated is another. This forum can live in all the likeable quitters from the past. All the quitters who I consider losers because they took the easy way out.

Next time you want to compare someone with a few hundred posts to someone who posts 1000's think about the value the poster brings to the forum. What value do the forum posters bring that are no longer here?

How about instead of a pointless post who is likeable, how about posters that bring value. Isn't that what the forum is really about? The value someone brings to it.

In my opinion there is no ****in' way Raquel ever brought as much value to this forum as chi1cabby has. Yet she's tops on the list. You want to talk about post with no value. Congrats, yours is it.

I am done with dealing with the day to day stupidity on this site.

Ignorance can be taught, but stupid is just stupid.

'HE WHO LIVES IN THE PAST IS ALREADY DEAD, HE WHO LIVES IN THE FUTURE HAS NOT YET LIVED, BUT HE WHO LIVES IN THE PRESENT IS TRULY ALIVE'

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts

Did some reading and a bit of research, joined Jan. 8, left Februrary 25. She fell into the second round of Uber's known drivers that can't do the job and quit. Didn't see anything profound or life changing in her posts. Other than being a chic so allot of guys would respond and the fact that she would push back and be confrontational.

Looks like she was well liked because she was female that would talk shit to other posters. But if I talk shit and tell it like it is, I get warnings. It's the forum double standard. You can talk shit to some people but not others, because they are the forums special projects.

As far as humility, when you've walked a mile in my shoes, then judge me. Until you know where I've been and what my life entails, to judge me shows ignorance.

Do you honestly think I need this forum? I try and come here to help. But unfortunately, there are so many that think they have it figured out and want to keep pushing. Yeah, I may not tell people in a politically correct or a nice way that they are ****in' morons, but at least I don't sugar coat their stupidity.

I am sure that 40 days of her posts has had a dramatic and life changing impact on all of the 20,000 members that are registered on this board. Not to mention all of the drivers that drive for Uber. All she did was ***** and none of her *****ing changed a thing. Yeah, likeable. That's what the forum is about. Someone who was likeable months ago, not the current forum members that are here day after day trying to keep people informed and up to date. Those that didn't cower from the fight. We want to admire the ones that ran away. Because that's what true integrity is, run away and hide when you can't do something in life. When you lack the skill in life to make things work, you complain, it's someone else's fault. I am going to run away. So we create a list of the quitters. We put them high on the list, Because that is who we idolize, the ones that don't have it in them to make it work.

You even have CJASLN on that list, one of the biggest trolls of the forum. Do you honestly think I give a **** if I'm liked? I try to help through my own way. I get frustrated when I see stupid posts. I guess it's in my upbringing, what I think is common sense, in most it's just common stupidity. My responses, albeit vulgar, still justified. Sometimes, people need a crack across the head to wake them up.

Anyway, you can keep your list and all of the peeps on it they are extinct and don't participate. In fact you can add me to the list. Being liked is one thing, being appreciated is another. This forum can live in all the likeable quitters from the past. All the quitters who I consider losers because they took the easy way out.

Next time you want to compare someone with a few hundred posts to someone who posts 1000's think about the value the poster brings to the forum. What value do the forum posters bring that are no longer here?

How about instead of a pointless post who is likeable, how about posters that bring value. Isn't that what the forum is really about? The value someone brings to it.

In my opinion there is no ****in' way Raquel ever brought as much value to this forum as chi1cabby has. Yet she's tops on the list. You want to talk about post with no value. Congrats, yours is it.

'HE WHO LIVES IN THE PAST IS ALREADY DEAD, HE WHO LIVES IN THE FUTURE HAS NOT YET LIVED, BUT HE WHO LIVES IN THE PRESENT IS TRULY ALIVE'
Ooooo... Optimus Uber didn't make the list, poor baby ... if you want I'll sing you "Soft kitty, warm kitty"... well, Bison might

From rape to whining about a study of "likes" in one thread. Amazing. Impressive priorities.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts

Optimus uber chortling.

I love you man!!!
Whether Raquel is still with us or not she, myself & another women driver brought media attention to the issue of men Uber passengers harassing women drivers well after the ride was over. It's a topic that needed to be out in the media. I do value your input as a long standing member, but have you taken your input outside this forum to the media, Twitter or FB? My answer we have.

·
Registered
598 Posts

Actually being a "chic" put a big target on my back with some misogynist posters, and I received some of the most vile and disgusting responses directed at me, by some people who were just attacking me for no other reason than to cover their own misogynist fantasies.

The difference was I pushed back against them. And didn't allow anyone to just attack me. In hindisght, I should have just ignored the trolls. Giving them attention I found only served to empower them. Even if the attention was negative.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Whether Raquel is still with us or not she, myself & another women driver brought media attention to the issue of men Uber passengers harassing women drivers well after the ride was over. It's a topic that needed to be out in the media. I do value your input as a long standing member, but have you taken your input outside this forum to the media, Twitter or FB? My answer we have.
Yes and for that media attention a large debt of gratitude go to chicabby. He singlehandedly empowered us and got our story out in the media. Thanks to his contacts and his perseverence uber I can say took action to make it safer for women driver. So credit where it is due.. Chicabby you are a Godsend!!!

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Yes and for that media attention a large debt of gratitude go to chicabby. He singlehandedly empowered us and got our story out in the media. Thanks to his contacts and his perseverence uber I can say took action to make it safer for women driver. So credit where it is due.. Chicabby you are a Godsend!!!
Agree chi1cabby is a godsend! I have immense respect for him & always will. I have the same respect for Raquel the other women & myself for standing up & telling our story to the media. Not a easy thing to do.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Agree chi1cabby is a godsend! I have immense respect for him & always will. I have the same respect for Raquel the other women & myself for standing up & telling our story to the media. Not a easy thing to do.
Yes for sure you also were instrumental, in not letting the issue die, and being the first to encourage all of us to come forward and organizing us to be most effective...thanks a million girl...you too are a Godsend.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Ooooo... Optimus Uber didn't make the list, poor baby ... if you want I'll sing you "Soft kitty, warm kitty"... well, Bison might

From rape to whining about a study of "likes" in one thread. Amazing. Impressive priorities.
POST # 10/Sacto Burbs: Time for a lil'
Comeuppance, Ye of
High Horse Ridership! Surely, You've
come across the Following Link:

Please USE IT to verify that Esteemed
#5 Notable Optimus Uber ....my
Contentious Neighbor AND Friend
WAS ON the Approval Ratings List
..at #8...no less..AND TO HIS CREDIT!

YOUR BEHAVIOR IN THIS THREAD
HAS BEEN PURELY TROLL-LIKE !!

Apologize. Go forth and Sin no more.

Bison goes "ALL CHURCHY"!

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
POST # 10/Sacto Burbs: Time for a lil'
Comeuppance, Ye of
High Horse Ridership! Surely, You've
come across the Following Link:

Please USE IT to verify that Esteemed
#5 Notable Optimus Uber ....my
Contentious Neighbor AND Friend
WAS ON the Approval Ratings List
..at #8...no less..AND TO HIS CREDIT!

YOUR BEHAVIOR IN THIS THREAD
HAS BEEN PURELY TROLL-LIKE !!

Apologize. Go forth and Sin no more.

Bison goes "ALL CHURCHY"!
Now, now, you mustn't shout. And I resent the troll-like moniker. I am a talented troll, un- hyphenated.

It appears that your friend has left the building - after having a hissy fit...

... and the topic has returned to women in vulnerable positions not keeping silent

·
Premium Member
7,546 Posts
Can you tell us what Uber did do?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No wonder. There is nothing going on in Philly. I was there last night for the Billy Joal concert. complete burst. If you have been waiting for long time for ping, your mind wonders around and you do stupid things like his. Solution, Uber should hire less drivers and increase the rate. :Dalmost ZZZZZZero chance. ya

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
1 - 20 of 20 Posts