View attachment 11538
There is something "fishy" about this "rape", but whatever the case, you good people should learn a lesson about this which is that picking up or being alone with drunk females late at night, especially when "crying rape" is immensely popular, especially those who are already pissed off at men, may well result in some kind of negative consequence.
These slugs are everywhere doing in every profession. Some professions get more attention when this happens than others. This guy has the double whammy of being a teacher and an Uber driver. Bottom line, there's no way to safely weed out these people when hiring them.
WTF. Being a teacher is a whammy ? Are you ignorant or what ?
And why are you convicting this guy without knowing the facts. What about the presumption of innocence.
If you knew Charleston and read the police report, you would know the following:
1. The bar where he picked the couple up was a sleazebag bar known for letting people getting
"bad drunk". The Windjammer. It was late. The reason they called Uber for the 30+ minute
ride is that they were too drunk to drive. Their car was at the bar.
2. The driver took them to the requested destination....the boyfriend's apt in downtown Charleston. The girl then decided not to go to
the boyfriend's apt and requested the driver to take her to her apt. The report says that her apt was a few blocks away.
That probably means a room at/near the College of Charleston which is near the boyfriend's apt She was drunk and probably fighting with her
3. Then, the next thing we read about is that the "rape" occurred 20 minutes away (12-15 miles west of the boyfriend's apt). The act of rape
was the driver "giving head" to the girl in the back seat.
4. At all times, the girl had her cell phone.
5. There were scores of places where the girl could have gotten out of the car between the place where her boyfriend was dropped off and the site of the
I "know" what probably happened and it was not rape. The driver will not be convict and, notwithstanding that, Uber will pay her an undisclosed amount with a confidentiality agreement.
A forum community dedicated to Uber drivers and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about taxes, documents, visas, travel, car care, finances, banking, maintenance, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!