Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow Uber Drivers if you have the same dis-Dane for Uber Poo as i do just thought i would share info that you may already know about non-the less. To avoid Uber Poo hails and annoying threatening Emails from Gary and Co i have no decided i am going to work on the borders the Uber Poo zone.

Attached is an Image of the borders. Since they do not intend to be fair to the partners work around need to be made.

For Snitches on the Forum ( yes you know who you are)

1) Uber Poo should have a minimum Milage. The entire point of Pooling is sharing a ride for longer distance rides so we dont have larger carbon foot print. Not so a student can save 2 dollars on a ride down the block or dodge Surge.

2) You cannot take 30 % cut and still offer the customer 30 % discount. That is unfair to the Partner.

Feel free to bash , vent or call me bat shit crazy. Or if you are like minded Assist in helping flog the system.

If i do get an uberpoop hail i am grabbing a coffee before a pick up the customer just so we can make things interesting.

Believe me there is a shit load money still to be made outside of the zone. Besides downtown is way to saturated with drivers.

Lets play borders Fellow uberzins.

Ill be back !!!!

Uberpool Borders.PNG

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Scarborough is filled with too many drivers and mostly a waste.

Markham and Richmondhill are mostly dead zones.

Etobicoke is not bad and I Mississauga and Brampton have suspended operations as I've read on this board.

I don't know about Durham region, if it's good or nah.

The shaded zone is where most of the rides hail from, that's why Uber Poo is extended to that area. Very unfortunate.

What we need is a PROPER competition to Uber, like Lyft or something because InstaRyde died before it could breathe.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
If i do get an uberpoop hail i am grabbing a coffee before a pick up the customer just so we can make things interesting.
Totally!

In another related thread, I suggested calling the pax with a super-thick accent and pretending to be lost. That way the pax will cancel instead of you.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The interesting comment out of the webinar is that UBER pool will eventually replace UBER X= its part of their long term corporate strategy. I don't know how they expect 100 % acceptance from passengers on this front. Some riders will never want to share rides, but the basic point was Uber pool is here to stay like it or lump it- so come up with suggestions to make it better if you can. When you match you do make more money, the problem is there isnt' enough matching. Will it improve over time?

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
I don't know how they expect 100 % acceptance from passengers on this front. Some riders will never want to share rides, but the basic point was Uber pool is here to stay like it or lump it
Taxi drivers reading this thread are down on their knees praying to whatever God they worship that Uber will actually be stupid enough carry this through. It will be the nicest gift that Uber could give the taxi cartels. I might even go do the Toronto Taxi Course myself since pax will obviously not put up with this and go back to the waiting arms of the cabbies.

Uber is getting more stupid by the day. This company clearly doesnt have a future at this rate of insanity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts