Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else calculating their uberpool fares when the ride is over? All the Uber pools that I have done where there is not a second person matched up come out accurately. The uberpool where there is a match and I pick up a second ride, those are all calculated incorrectly. I request adjustments and in some cases they are adjusted correctly, in other cases they are adjusted but still short pay, and in other cases without offering any calculations or explanations they simply reply that what I was paid falls within their accepted range. The short days are fairly significant. A total of three different occasions (3 pool rides, 6 total fares) on three days totaled over $24 short. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why else do you think so many drivers ignoring them ? UberPool is a fraud . Nobody likes it .
One time a pax told me he was at the airport and could not get Uber Pool - all the drivers were ignoring him.
No point doing any math- it's all screwed up if you pick up a second person. I just ignore Pool .
So, your answer is yes you have been experiencing the same thing. I've started ignoring them too. I wasn't looking for A Life Lesson just an answer to a question. Thanks much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How is Uber Pool paid? Do we get anything extra for picking up a second rider? I don't understand Uber Pool pricing at all.

Also, how does the Price Surge effect the pay-out when two different riders have two different price rates.

My understanding was that the Uber Pool Rate was a flat per mile price no matter how many people (accounts).

Please help me figure this out. Was this posted before?

THANKS!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How it is paid depends on where you are, i believe. Sorry, can't help you with that. But in Denver, CO, I had 3 pool rides 3 days in a row where there were riders added along the route and they were all short paid. I emailed for adjustments and got a lot of run around/BS and only got half of the fares fixed (3 pools = 6 rides). I even had to ask for a second adjustment on 1 of them and they said they fixed it but instead TOOK AWAY MONEY. I replied that they had wasted too much time and it was too painful trying to get help and that I'd write the losses off. Now i accept pools, but immediately stop new requests. I think this effectively keeps them from adding a match to the pool as I've done quite a few this way. Time will tell for sure. The pay is accurate until they add the second rider. Good luck.
How is Uber Pool paid? Do we get anything extra for picking up a second rider? I don't understand Uber Pool pricing at all.

Also, how does the Price Surge effect the pay-out when two different riders have two different price rates.

My understanding was that the Uber Pool Rate was a flat per mile price no matter how many people (accounts).

Please help me figure this out. Was this posted before?

THANKS!

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
How it is paid depends on where you are, i believe. Sorry, can't help you with that. But in Denver, CO, I had 3 pool rides 3 days in a row where there were riders added along the route and they were all short paid. I emailed for adjustments and got a lot of run around/BS and only got half of the fares fixed (3 pools = 6 rides). I even had to ask for a second adjustment on 1 of them and they said they fixed it but instead TOOK AWAY MONEY. I replied that they had wasted too much time and it was too painful trying to get help and that I'd write the losses off. Now i accept pools, but immediately stop new requests. I think this effectively keeps them from adding a match to the pool as I've done quite a few this way. Time will tell for sure. The pay is accurate until they add the second rider. Good luck.
They will take away your stop new requests for a day if you use it too much.

I've never been able to get a straight answer on how the second rider is charged, or how I'm paid on pool. I have only done 2 pool rides, one was matched the other I ignored the 2nd pick up and canceled.

They tell me they fate are calculated dynamically and they can not tell me the specifics. WTF?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They will take away your stop new requests for a day if you use it too much.

I've never been able to get a straight answer on how the second rider is charged, or how I'm paid on pool. I have only done 2 pool rides, one was matched the other I ignored the 2nd pick up and canceled.

They tell me they fate are calculated dynamically and they can not tell me the specifics. WTF?
Thanks for the heads up on using the stop new requests too much. I do use it quite a bit - for all pools and when i end up going somewhere i don't want to accept rides. This is all a balancing act. I want to keep everything at acceptable enough levels to keep my account active.

According to the info online for denver, the second rider is charged just like the first. And for the fare adjustments i received where they included calculations to support, it matched my calcs. .75 base fare, .13 per minute and 1.00 per mile. Others tried to say what i was paid "falls within their acceptable range for that trip." I told them i don't care about the range, that's for riders. Drivers get paid based on time and miles. Then they said, oh sorry, you weren't paid correctly because the trip was mistimed. When i asked them to explain that i never got a response to that message. The bottom line is, they know there is something wrong with Pool calculations and they don't want to come clean because it will cost them.

Dynamically? BS. In the app I can see time and miles for each different pool trip, that's how i could tell them that i was short paid.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
I'm my instance, I pick up rider 1, 1/2 mile later get a ping for second. Pick him up. 4 miles to drop off rider 1 for a total of 5. Rider 2 went 4 more miles. I got paid for 5 miles for rider 1. And 4 miles for rider 2. Rider 2 was in my car for 8 miles.
I exchanged 20 email with Uber in this. Never received a satisfactory answer. Just the bs about dynamically charging the fare.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm my instance, I pick up rider 1, 1/2 mile later get a ping for second. Pick him up. 4 miles to drop off rider 1 for a total of 5. Rider 2 went 4 more miles. I got paid for 5 miles for rider 1. And 4 miles for rider 2. Rider 2 was in my car for 8 miles.
I exchanged 20 email with Uber in this. Never received a satisfactory answer. Just the bs about dynamically charging the fare.
Yeah, that is bs. I included mileage, time and pickip and dropoff location in each email/request for fare adjustment.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Yeah, that is bs. I included mileage, time and pickip and dropoff location in each email/request for fare adjustment.
I did too, I eventually got a few bucks. Im sure it was just shut up and go away $. I wouldn't mind pool too much if i was paid for each rider individually. Meaning the 4 shared miles I was paid 2x but that's not how it works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did too, I eventually got a few bucks. Im sure it was just shut up and go away $. I wouldn't mind pool too much if i was paid for each rider individually. Meaning the 4 shared miles I was paid 2x but that's not how it works.
That's how i got paid when i got the fare adjustments. Where are you?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm assuming by "Stop new Request" you mean "Go Offline" after trip? On iPhone in Atlanta at least the actual "Stop New Request" has been gone for a while, go offline after trip was still there though.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/opt-out-uber-pool.112556/

UberPool

This is a request to be removed from UberPool. Please remove UberPool from my profile completely. As an independent contractor I will not accept UberPool requests. It is also to note that UberPool is a serious hazzard for both drivers AND passengers.

As a driver, being redirected in route is very distracting, and that alone is enough reason to not pickup pool rides. It is also really an issue that drivers can only choose if they are picking up 1 person or 2 people. I can not count how many time I have picked up 2 people at the first stop and 3 more were waiting at the second pickup. Then, drivers have to rate the first drop off while the 2nd is still in the vehicle, while they can easily see what you rate that first passenger. As a driver I have been forced into many uncomfortable situations having to mediate between passengers, this is absolutely unacceptable. My ratings have taken many hits from passengers being upset by dealing with another passenger, absolutely not acceptable. Finally, my acceptance rate takes a serious hit if I don't pickup Pool rides, and if I pickup a pool ride and then choose go offline I take a MAJOR acceptance rate hitting because the app doesn't send the new requests to me at all yet still ignores them.

Passenger hazards are as follows. On several occasions I have picked up a female passenger followed by intoxicated males. Multiple times the female was sexually harassed by these passengers. This is incredibly serious and absolutely not a joke. In one case the men were getting dropped off second and the female was so scared she had me stop at a public gas station to avoid letting the men know where she lived! On another occasion a Bartender had me do the same thing as he felt unsafe with the other passengers knowing where he lived due to carrying cash on him.

These are but a few of MANY reasons I wish to have UberPool removed from my account. As an independent contractor I will have no part of UberPool now or in the future as it is absolutely an unsafe, unprofitable venture.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Passenger hazards are as follows. On several occasions I have picked up a female passenger followed by intoxicated males. Multiple times the female was sexually harassed by these passengers. This is incredibly serious and absolutely not a joke. In one case the men were getting dropped off second and the female was so scared she had me stop at a public gas station to avoid letting the men know where she lived! On another occasion a Bartender had me do the same thing as he felt unsafe with the other passengers knowing where he lived due to carrying cash on him.

Thank you for your time.
Hopefully these people will stop taking uberpool to save money...

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is anyone else calculating their uberpool fares when the ride is over? All the Uber pools that I have done where there is not a second person matched up come out accurately. The uberpool where there is a match and I pick up a second ride, those are all calculated incorrectly. I request adjustments and in some cases they are adjusted correctly, in other cases they are adjusted but still short pay, and in other cases without offering any calculations or explanations they simply reply that what I was paid falls within their accepted range. The short days are fairly significant. A total of three different occasions (3 pool rides, 6 total fares) on three days totaled over $24 short. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Why are you even accepting pool??? Don't accept that crap and the problem will be solved. I never accept Pool even during high surge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Why are you even accepting pool??? Don't accept that crap and the problem will be solved. I never accept Pool even during high surge.
You get to do it your way and i get to do it my way. That's the genius of this whole thing. Like i said, i accept them and then stop requests, so it's just like an uberX ride.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You get to do it your way and i get to do it my way. That's the genius of this whole thing. Like i said, i accept them and then stop requests, so it's just like an uberX ride.
At one point, Uber was adjusting unmatched pool rides to X fares. Maybe this was by market, I don't know but here in Atlanta that is how they 'sold' it to drivers. Also, matched pool rides have a minimum fare of $12 b4 Uber's cut. Again, this may vary by market, not sure.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts