Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit I wish I could just skip it even though it is the future according to Travis. I read some interview posted on The Rideshare Guy blog where it sounded like the primary plank of the Travis Presidential campaign. I'm having a hard time figuring out how it works. The LA office offered a couple tutorials I couldn't make and I inquired if they were doing any more but got no response. So far, I'm aware pax get a lower rate if they select Uber Pool which translates to a lower fare for you if that elusive second person doesn't materialize. Yesterday I suddenly saw two riders on the top of my screen and the second guy actually called me to ask where I was after I had started off with the first. He was still in the area and I picked him up. On another occasion, I got a ping identifying Uber Pool while I was on the freeway with the first pax. I just wasn't smooth checking my phone while in freeway traffic so didn't pick up number two. Like the rest of this, I'm sure I'll improve with practice but since HQ is remaining mum on the topic, any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Protocol is to never engage in contact with the second pax until after you've stacked your car up into the center divider while attending to the app...

Oh, if your car is in flames from the crash, exit with current pax (dont forget to grab bottles of water) before notifying the 2nd pax of a slight delay.

Uber-on

·
Registered
311 Posts
not sure how it works, but if i live in a city that had pool i would ignore the **** out of those pings.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say from several posts on this forum, if you do stand up Poopy I am first in line. You are funny as hell. I was a little disingenious in my first post sounding like an Uber scout wanting his Uber pool merit badge. We may all be doing our bit to save the planet jumping into the pool but I'm not thrilled to be ubering in one of America's four pilot cities for this exciting new program we pioneers copied from Lyft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts