Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following was told to me by a pax talking about uber pool:

"I ordered an Uberpool at JFK and I really didn't think I had. I was with my girlfriend. The guy picked us up and then he gets another pick up and he asked us if we had ordered Uberpool. I told him I didnt know cause I really didn't but apparently thats what I did. So he gets mad at us saying this is bullshit, so he calls the next pick up and tells him to cancel and told them he wasn't going to pick them up and hangs up. And I get it, it was two of us with enough luggage, there wasn't going to be room for more. We get going, and I swear man, when we get on the highway he pulls over, calls them again and goes 'why haven't you cancelled? You are a mother****er! cancel the ****ing shit you mother****er!' And then we got on our way. I don't know if the other people cancelled or if he cancelled it but he just took us."

·
Registered
64 Posts
I strongly suggest share your story to a news outlet. This way we can hear similar stories and pressure Uber to change its pay structure which I know it also affects me as well. The first time I found out I had automatic pickups with Uber pool, I literally felt change in my mood. I wish no harm and positive solutions with this situation. It is outright disgusting what Uber is doing.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Today i took a pool ride at 2.0 surge.... Once i started the trip another pick up was added. I tell him we have to pick up another pax and he sucks his teeth. After 15 min in traffic in route to second pick up he says "he's gonna be so late" and asks me what options he has. I told him lets end the ride rote now and order an UberX. My rating went down.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today i took a pool ride at 2.0 surge.... Once i started the trip another pick up was added. I tell him we have to pick up another pax and he sucks his teeth. After 15 min in traffic in route to second pick up he says "he's gonna be so late" and asks me what options he has. I told him lets end the ride rote now and order an UberX. My rating went down.
This is why I think the demand for UberPool and Lyft line will eventually go down. X and classic Lyft prices are already low enough. Once a passenger experiences being in the car almost an hour for what should have been a 20 minute trip that passenger won't do it again without giving it serious thought and weighing the cons of UberPool versus the pro of saving a few extra dollars.

When both Uber and Lyft rolled out this bus system at first most passengers didn't know about the second pickup nonsense and it was always a battle when that second pick up was added. Now most passengers are aware of how it works and that problem is gone. With more time, only the ultra cheap passengers and the ones on very long distance rides without time constraint will be the ones ordering pool and line. The average passenger will realize that the potential extra time is not worth the few dollars they are saving.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Just don't accept Uberpool. You waited in the airport for at least 2 hrs might as well wait lil longer for at least Uberx. Pretty simple or just leave the airport empty its a waste of time. U only wait at airport if you have a lucky 4 leaf clover

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is why I think the demand for UberPool and Lyft line will eventually go down. X and classic Lyft prices are already low enough. Once a passenger experiences being in the car almost an hour for what should have been a 20 minute trip that passenger won't do it again without giving it serious thought and weighing the cons of UberPool versus the pro of saving a few extra dollars.

When both Uber and Lyft rolled out this bus system at first most passengers didn't know about the second pickup nonsense and it was always a battle when that second pick up was added. Now most passengers are aware of how it works and that problem is gone. With more time, only the ultra cheap passengers and the ones on very long distance rides without time constraint will be the ones ordering pool and line. The average passenger will realize that the potential extra time is not worth the few dollars they are saving.
What pissess me off the most is that they get in the car after requesting an uberpool and ask you what is uberpool, and they go on about how they requested it by mistake and they didnt really want it....... THEY'RE LYING, THEY'RE JUST TOO EMBARASSED TO SAY THAT THEY'RE CHEAPP. How come they dont request an uberblack or uber suv my mistake uh ???? They sure dont make that mistake, but they seem to order an uberpool by mistake. Smfh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there, I'm a reporter with Motherboard, VICE's science and tech site. Next week we're doing a series of stories all about Uber.

One of the stories I want to write about is the psychology of using Uber pool. I was going to attack this mostly as a passenger but wanted to hear driver perspectives, too.

The way I think about it: If I do Uber Pool, I am rooting for no one else to get in the car because they usually don't know WTF is going on so I'm going to have to wait, or their destination / pickup is going to be out of the way (so I secretly resent them). On the other hand, if no one else gets on, you guys get paid way less and I feel bad because I'm getting a ride for an extremely low price. Want to hear drivers' perspectives too.

Please email me if you're interested in talking: jason.koebler @ vice

·
Premium Member
72,497 Posts
automatic pickups in NYC, i hope this doesnt spread to the rest of the country.........???? at least nyc has a much higher price per mile......whereas most of us drive for 90 cents a mile.
They have gone too far.

The media darling has turned itself into the media monster.

What has been seen can not be unseen.
Product Font Technology Screenshot Water

·
Premium Member
72,497 Posts
Hey there, I'm a reporter with Motherboard, VICE's science and tech site. Next week we're doing a series of stories all about Uber.

One of the stories I want to write about is the psychology of using Uber pool. I was going to attack this mostly as a passenger but wanted to hear driver perspectives, too.

The way I think about it: If I do Uber Pool, I am rooting for no one else to get in the car because they usually don't know WTF is going on so I'm going to have to wait, or their destination / pickup is going to be out of the way (so I secretly resent them). On the other hand, if no one else gets on, you guys get paid way less and I feel bad because I'm getting a ride for an extremely low price. Want to hear drivers' perspectives too.

Please email me if you're interested in talking: jason.koebler @ vice
Less money,more wear and tear on car
More door opening and slamming,more abrasion on seats and carpets,MORE fuel robbing WEIGHT.
MORE RATINGS,MORE RISK,LESS MONEY.TIME ROBBING,FINANCIALLY DRAINING POOL.
CUSTOMERS GET ANGRY AND DEGRADE DRIVER RATINGS.
driver loses time and money,driver is angry.
The only one happy is UBER.
Uber in their "DROWNING POOL "
Facial expression Muscle Gesture Flash photography Font

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.