Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This uber pool is ridiculous. I started off the day in a good mood as where I live which is Hollywood was covered in a sea of red. My first three pings were all uber pool. All of them at least 8 to 10 minutes away I refused them all finally I took the 4th one at 2.1x just for the hell of it to get going. Ended up adding two more passengers all through the busiest parts of Hollywood over 6 miles for 30 minutes and I got a whopping total of $9.56. This is unacceptable. Are we all getting sucked into this bull crap? Can't we just all refuse every one of them and see if they stop this bullshit? I even sent out a letter that was posted on here to try and opt out of pool to no avail, it's really getting frustrating to where I don't even want to drive anymore because all I get is that God damn pool

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just checked my email and this is the response I got before asking to opt out of pool

"Thanks for writing in.

Please refer to your contract regarding this inquiry. Your contract provides instructions for how to opt-out of the arbitration clause.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help with those!"

I have not pulled out that contract to read it anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Realistically, what's a 6 mile, 30 minute UberX fare @2.1 going to earn you. It's the traffic that kills the fare.

This stuff is a grind, and you hope for some sugar fares to even it out.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, and don't forget the 6 points of pick up and drop off for this lovely pool ride. If I had gotten an uberX ride at the three times surging I was sitting in the middle of I would have been able to get at least one or two more in because it wouldn't have wasted so much of my time

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just checked my email and this is the response I got before asking to opt out of pool

"Thanks for writing in.

Please refer to your contract regarding this inquiry. Your contract provides instructions for how to opt-out of the arbitration clause.

I sent email then got same reply within 30sec.

What should I do next?
Have any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
4,159 Posts

"Thanks for writing in.

It's an irrelevant response. The CSR say the words "opt out" and pasted an answer to a different opt out question.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts

"Thanks for writing in.

That's a Robot picking up the phrase Opt Out....LOL!

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
Realistically, what's a 6 mile, 30 minute UberX fare @2.1 going to earn you. It's the traffic that kills the fare.

About $14 and way less hassle of picking up and dropping so many passengers.

·
Premium Member
60,570 Posts
This uber pool is ridiculous. I started off the day in a good mood as where I live which is Hollywood was covered in a sea of red. My first three pings were all uber pool. All of them at least 8 to 10 minutes away I refused them all finally I took the 4th one at 2.1x just for the hell of it to get going. Ended up adding two more passengers all through the busiest parts of Hollywood over 6 miles for 30 minutes and I got a whopping total of $9.56. This is unacceptable. Are we all getting sucked into this bull crap? Can't we just all refuse every one of them and see if they stop this bullshit? I even sent out a letter that was posted on here to try and opt out of pool to no avail, it's really getting frustrating to where I don't even want to drive anymore because all I get is that God damn pool
UNSUSTAINABLE !

·
Banned
16,573 Posts

Don't get into that mindset. UberX rates are absurdly low already. To let those people scratch off a few extra pennies here and there is to accept their proposition that you should work for the joy of making them money. Stand up for yourself and reject pool.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I think you made more than $9, it's jus showing one ride right now, go to the trip history and look.
Not necessarily. It depends on how long that 2.1x passenger was in his car for.

6 miles / 30 minutes at base pool rate is about $6 and at 2.1x it's about $13, so it's probably somewhere inbetween.

Pool sucks. Never accept it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Sorryblutoothonly and Uberlala are correct. You have to send another email. Ask that your email be escalated to an Uber representative. The system picked up the word opt out and it thinks you need an answer about opting out of arbitration. Send another one and you should get a human this time.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
None of my business and not my market, but stop accepting pool.

Pool was strong in Chicago last spring and it's all but died now, I still get Pool requests but they are few. Every now and then I get several in a row, and these days they're farther and farther away. I let them all expire.

Some have suggested entering airplane mode while its pinging, and I do do that every time, but I haven't tracked its effect on my acceptance rate. What I can tell you is I've never been threatened for my acceptance rate.

It's natural to select Pool during high surge. But if this strategy fails enough they stop. Market does play into it but the majority of your market is upscale, Pool will eventually become the choice of lower income customers, at least that appears to be the trend.

·
Premium Member
23,282 Posts
None of my business and not my market, but stop accepting pool.

Pool was strong in Chicago last spring and it's all but died now, I still get Pool requests but they are few. Every now and then I get several in a row, and these days they're farther and farther away. I let them all expire.

Some have suggested entering airplane mode while its pinging, and I do do that every time, but I haven't tracked its effect on my acceptance rate. What I can tell you is I've never been threatened for my acceptance rate.

It's natural to select Pool during high surge. But if this strategy fails enough they stop. Market does play into it but the majority of your market is upscale, Pool will eventually become the choice of lower income customers, at least that appears to be the trend.
No intrusion, you are speaking from experience in a market (Chi) that has to deal with this Pool issue.

What do you attribute the 'all but died' Chicago Pool market to? Is it riders not liking the experience? Driver's not accepting? Or, maybe both?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts