Uber Drivers Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uber purposely obscures the rates to drivers.Why do you think they do that? They don't want you to have hard numbers. They earn a higher % plus up to 4 service fees per pool ride. This adds up to over 50% of the FARE!!! Drivers on here that support POOL are brainwashed by Uber SPIN, are Paid Uber trolls to convince you otherwise or are drivers that got lucky with 3 or 4 pool riders all on surge. That is rare.
Make sure to add those extra kms and minutes costs needed to pick up those extra pool px to your uberx ride comparison. Add those extra costs as EARNINGS to the uberx ride. If you do that, pool in the vast majority of times is a LOSER. Problem is drivers don't keep track of those extra kms and minutes and Uber depends on that and their lack of transparency to pull the UberWool over drivers eyes.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Pool is fine as long as it's not far pick up. So many times pool saved my day. Uber didn't pay me to say that:) I wish they did

·
Premium Member
8,989 Posts
Uber purposely obscures the rates to drivers.Why do you think they do that? They don't want you to have hard numbers. They earn a higher % plus up to 4 service fees per pool ride. This adds up to over 50% of the FARE!!! Drivers on here that support POOL are brainwashed by Uber SPIN, are Paid Uber trolls to convince you otherwise or are drivers that got lucky with 3 or 4 pool riders all on surge. That is rare.
Make sure to add those extra kms and minutes costs needed to pick up those extra pool px to your uberx ride comparison. Add those extra costs as EARNINGS to the uberx ride. If you do that, pool in the vast majority of times is a LOSER. Problem is drivers don't keep track of those extra kms and minutes and Uber depends on that and their lack of transparency to pull the UberWool over drivers eyes.
I don't care what Uber makes on Pool. Long as I make more than I do on X and I'm profitable I could care less.

If you did that math properly you would see this. Instead you become the minority who likes to just complain. But hey keep ignoring pool requests. I can continue to make money on them. I don't get paid to sit, I get paid when I drive.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pool is fine as long as it's not far pick up. So many times pool saved my day. Uber didn't pay me to say that:) I wish they did
What % of pool rides 'saved your day'? You may get that odd pool with 3 or more pax on a surge but that % is very low...10% of the time? Divide those pools by the total # of pool trips you've completed. Do those 'savior' pool trips make up for all the other pool loses? I don't think so. If you had taken only uberx rides at those times, you'd be much further ahead of the game. No matter how much Uber tells you you've lost in those silly emails they send by not taking pool. Those lost uberpool earnings is still significantly less than the uberx rides that replaced those 'lost' uberpool earnings. I got paid more, didn't have to drive up to 10 minutes out of my way and way less kms. The only profitable pool rides are 3 or more pax on 2x surge or a pool no show after 2min wait.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't care what Uber makes on Pool. Long as I make more than I do on X and I'm profitable I could care less.

If you did that math properly you would see this. Instead you become the minority who likes to just complain. But hey keep ignoring pool requests. I can continue to make money on them. I don't get paid to sit, I get paid when I drive.
That is the math, your are ignoring it and just regurgitating the uber myth. Proper math is not a complaint. But hey you part timers don't know any better. Keep accepting all pool rides so the smart drivers can take the profitable rides. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
8,989 Posts
That is the math, your are ignoring it and just regurgitating the uber myth. Proper math is not a complaint. But hey you part timers don't know any better. Keep accepting all pool rides so the smart drivers can take the profitable rides. Thanks again.
Math is math...and the numbers do add up. If you are a full timer then you already have something to complain about. And it's nothing to do with Pool.

·
Premium Member
8,989 Posts
So where does our beloved actionjax stand with uberpool. For or against. BTW are you a mapleleafs fan?
UberPool I'm for as a concept and the execution is getting better. There is still some issues with it. (I would like to see unmatched trips be charged full X rate) But for the most part I find them more productive at times than X. (2 minute wait times help a lot with that) And Trips that are actually along the same route they pay better than X.

There are more for me positives than negatives.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Name-calling is not productive and its a common tool to avoid rational thinking..
The truth is, if anyone drives regularly will know how bad Poo is.. Its a complete rip-off.. Drivers take the biggest hit, passengers might save a bit and the only entity who gains is Uber (and why not!!! its their business model)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Name-calling is not productive and its a common tool to avoid rational thinking..
The truth is, if anyone drives regularly will know how bad Poo is.. Its a complete rip-off.. Drivers take the biggest hit, passengers might save a bit and the only entity who gains is Uber (and why not!!! its their business model)
Agreed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.