Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm. Picked up pax, tells me she works for uber & wants my opinions. Of course let her have it with tip options, unsustainable fares with no competition & drivers losing money, way too many drivers with constant onboarding, SB fiasco recruiting outta towners, etc etc etc. Typing it all in to phone.

Said tips is the number 1 issue, "they're looking into it". Uh huh.

Noticed on ride history, instead of UBERX, says UberLISTEN.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hmmm. Picked up pax, tells me she works for uber & wants my opinions. Of course let her have it with tip options, unsustainable fares with no competition & drivers losing money, way too many drivers with constant onboarding, SB fiasco recruiting outta towners, etc etc etc. Typing it all in to phone.

Said tips is the number 1 issue, "they're looking into it". Uh huh.

Noticed on ride history, instead of UBERX, says UberLISTEN.
Ha. Right. They'll get that over to their development team soon...I'm sure.

Hmmm...don't know you could have controlled yourself. But, of course going off on them I suppose could get you deactivated too.

Hopefully you weren't the only drive they took...or you are now marked here in the forum. Hehehe. :cool:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Could we see a screenshot of what an UberListens trip looks like? That would be interesting and something I might throw in Uber Greenlight folks faces.

Reactions: SRTFighter

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The UberLISTEN was at 932. The detailed trip shows nothing special. And, you guessed it, no tip :rolleyes:
So a basically min trip fare and they get a driver's perceptive for $3.14 and get to look like they actually care about drivers. Looks like Uber is taking a page from Lyft's book.

I might have to tell passenger the only difference between Uber and Lyft is that Uber pretends to care about their driver more now.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got that right crazy916

But there's no lyft here in houston. So essentially, they just pretend to care.

And truthfully, it's not even care. The uberette in my backseat was defending their methods on a bunch of my issues, she was drunk on the corporate kool-aide.

In reality, as been said countless times, all they need to do is drive for a week. Kinda like undercover boss. Not ask drivers and write reports that no one reads.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Got that right crazy916

But there's no lyft here in houston. So essentially, they just pretend to care.

And truthfully, it's not even care. The uberette in my backseat was defending their methods on a bunch of my issues, she was drunk on the corporate kool-aide.

In reality, as been said countless times, all they need to do is drive for a week. Kinda like undercover boss. Not ask drivers and write reports that no one reads.
I wish they would roll something like this out in San Francisco. I would ask if I can pull and give them an ear full for about 30 minutes if not more.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully you weren't the only drive they took...or you are now marked here in the forum. Hehehe. :cool:
Actually, considered not posting this. But I have a high rating, low cancels.... Let's see what happens. Might have to change my forum name to No-mo' Cowbell ;)

I wish they would roll something like this out in San Francisco. I would ask if I can pull and give them an ear full for about 30 minutes if not more.
Lol. First thing I said when she told me was how many hours she had.

She was looking for 3 top things. Mine were
  1. Tip function in app.
  2. Unsustainable rates for drivers
  3. Flooded market with constant onboarding - resolve the first 2,wont need to on board any more.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Actually, considered not posting this. But I have a high rating, low cancels.... Let's see what happens. Might have to change my forum name to No-mo' Cowbell ;)

Lol. First thing I said when she told me was how many hours she had.

She was looking for 3 top things. Mine were
  1. Tip function in app.
  2. Unsustainable rates for drivers
  3. Flooded market with constant onboarding - resolve the first 2,wont need to on board any more.
Did you get any?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Competition IS coming. Uber SHOULD be afraid. I just got back to 100% acceptance and 0% cancellation so I am again ready to skip and cancel at will!
Tride is on the way, Lyfy is considering coming and I suspect that both Uber and Lyft are seriously considering returning to Austin. The current bill in front of the Texan Congress will likely determine the future of ride sharing for years to come.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
Well now they know who you are on here, which shouldn't be an issue, but with Uber it is. So there's an issue they could address. I think the most important issues are:

1) Rates. Raise them back to $1.48. Lower commission to 15% max.
2) Accountability. Stop acting like bullies and doing whatever you want.
3) Focus on the problems of today. Stop worrying about tomorrow, and then having to pretend to deal with it later, with things like UberLISTEN.
4) Pretending. People are not stupid. Stop pretending you're great, we know you're horrible.

Fix those problems and guess what? You'll still go bankrupt, because you're losers who screwed up big time and I can't wait to see you drop out of the market, cowards.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts