Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am moving to pgh this summer. I uber pt. time. I am thinking I'll have to rent a place ,perhaps 45 minutes outside of pgh. Anyone recommend any towns OUTSIDE ,about 45 minutes or so that would be good at producing Uber cash flow?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I second The dude. Other then that its hard to pick up rides going into Pitt outside a 30 min radius. If you live near the airport you can catch a ride into Pitt and when done catch a ride back home. Gravy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I second The dude. Other then that its hard to pick up rides going into Pitt outside a 30 min radius. If you live near the airport you can catch a ride into Pitt and when done catch a ride back home. Gravy.
on weekends, if you drive through the 2 AM bar rush, it has never failed me that with (or even without) the destination filter I get a ride to the airport to catch a redeye around 3:30-4 AM. from downtown or some of the college parts of town its around a 20-26 dollar fare...and alot of the time you get maybe a 1.5-2x surge. End up picking up an extra 25-40 dollars just to drive home. It's been working great for me.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so beside the airport where the big game (the big uber game) -just in the heart of pgh? I only work pt mornings some afternoons only - no drunks or weekend warriors for me - we got college kids galore out here in champaign IL - not bad but def some slow spots and people from other towns drive in to just work THIS town - crazy -- I might live in greensburg ------who knows with two dogs - I need a large fenced yard small house - anywhere

·
Registered
19 Posts
Downtown is kind of meh. If you want to drive early morning or early evening, the areas around the hospitals are pretty great. lots of nurses and students running 12 hour shifts pull alot of rides. I used to work at one of the hospitals and cost / time it takes to park there is actually more expensive than just getting an uber to work for them.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
I might live in greensburg ------who knows with two dogs - I need a large fenced yard small house - anywhere
Im in greensburg regularly. NOT a place to move for rideshare. Small town rides tend to be from the center of town out, outside town to the center bars, from a hotel or back, from the mall to the college campus. All pretty much close to min. fares. Pretty much everyone who lives out that way have cars, so aren't paying $35 each way to commute to the city. The people who could afford that are driving their Beemers & Mercedes back & forth to work. You can catch the occasional ride to the airport or from students heading to the city to party on a fri or Saturday night, but then there are regularly 4 or 5 drivers sitting in their house online dividing up the tiny market into peanuts. If the cost of living or the space appeals to you go for it, but it ain't good for rideshare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in greensburg it's cheap rent. Also every weekend around 8-8:30 I get trips into the city. I start my day however at 2:30 am get to monroeville at 3ish and start from there in. I do well in squirrel hill and stay away from wilkingsburg it's a bunch of small trash rides to no where. Head for the money. Mount Lebanon McMurry is also well. U need help reach out good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
I usually work until I make 200 and up a day sometimes it takes till 3 in the afternoon haha sometimes I quit at noon head home and go out at nite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts