Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was interested in joining UberExec but not sure how it works - as far as i am aware they're not taking drivers directly into the UberExec platform but thru UberX depending on your rating; now my question is if i use a Ford Mondeo on UberX and once I receive the sufficient ratings and blah blah am able to upgrade to UberExec with my Mercedes or is there a different procedure.

*I have e-mailed Uber but didn't any answer from them

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
From your username looks your doing UberExec - did you join UberExec platform straightway or via X > Exec ?
Things have changed since he signed up.

They have more than enough Exec drivers.

So they redirect anybody who thinks they are an Exec driver (often a driver that is new to the business and thinks owning a Merc E Class is all it takes) onto X to see if they are up to it.

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts
Excuse my french but do you like acting like a t**t or are you a troll black cab driver?
He just gave you honest answer. Why throwing insults straight away???

Look, driving an E class doesn't make you E class driver.

To get to this stage you need a bit of mileage but as I can see u r already worried adding 10k.

I made last tax yr 46k....no feelings attached. This is a working mule and that is how I see it. Just a tool.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He just gave you honest answer. Why throwing insults straight away???

Look, driving an E class doesn't make you E class driver.

To get to this stage you need a bit of mileage but as I can see u r already worried adding 10k.

I made last tax yr 46k....no feelings attached. This is a working mule and that is how I see it. Just a tool.
I will ignore the first comment line;

- I have a Mercedes Viano and a Mercedes E-Class (and soon a S-Class but that would depend on job offers from the companies I am with), I work as a chauffeur for various companies and none of my cars are older than 3 years. The reason I don't add 10k mileage doing UberX rates are because it will de-value the car when I need to part exchange it in 2 years, so i was just asking around to see if there is a way I could the Exec exam and get promoted to UberExec so on down times such as Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings I could top it up.

- In regards to 46k was that pre-tax and pre-commission or After tax and after commission and if so well done, should got you a nice holiday to Greece or some where nice.

- Also if anyone says I am talking bull - have a look at Mercedes Chauffeur programme online and if you go in person they can give you a very good deal, a brand new car every 2 - 3 years and it is very affordable but for them to trust you must have a bought car off a certified mercedes dealer and even-better themselves.

·
Registered
824 Posts

- I have a Mercedes Viano and a Mercedes E-Class (and soon a S-Class but that would depend on job offers from the companies I am with), I work as a chauffeur for various companies and none of my cars are older than 3 years. The reason I don't add 10k mileage doing UberX rates are because it will de-value the car when I need to part exchange it in 2 years, so i was just asking around to see if there is a way I could the Exec exam and get promoted to UberExec so on down times such as Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings I could top it up.

- In regards to 46k was that pre-tax and pre-commission or After tax and after commission and if so well done, should got you a nice holiday to Greece or some where nice.

- Also if anyone says I am talking bull - have a look at Mercedes Chauffeur programme online and if you go in person they can give you a very good deal, a brand new car every 2 - 3 years and it is very affordable but for them to trust you must have a bought car off a certified mercedes dealer and even-better themselves.
if you have a viano and e class then that's probably over 50k worth of cars. why would you want to drive for £1.25 a mile?

especially when you say you are a chauffeur

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if you have a viano and e class then that's probably over 50k worth of cars. why would you want to drive for £1.25 a mile?

especially when you say you are a chauffeur
Might have misunderstood me;

What I want to do is move into UberExec straight away without doing UberX with a Merc like some drivers are; I want drive a Ford Mondeo in UberX and once I meet their Exec criteria use my Merc to work on their Exec platform in my down times.

£2.40 per mile on Exec is not too bad for example if I drop in Luton or Gatwick instead of coming back empty I could wait and get a return job at Exec rate which can boost earnings.

Also in regards to the cars, I only own the Viano - the E-class is on the Mercedes Chauffeur program so I'm renting it basically.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
The only way to get onto Exec, is to use your E-Class on UberX for a while, and have a very high rating and acceptance rate to be considered.

As mentioned, though, there are already plenty of Exec drivers, and many more using Exec cars on X. Though I don't know how they manage to run such a car on £1.25 a mile.

As a result, I doubt you are able to join Exec immediately and are unlikely to ever implement it again.

Furthermore, it is not unknown to wait for a job at Gatwick/Luton job for several hours.

·
Registered
824 Posts

What I want to do is move into UberExec straight away without doing UberX with a Merc like some drivers are; I want drive a Ford Mondeo in UberX and once I meet their Exec criteria use my Merc to work on their Exec platform in my down times.

£2.40 per mile on Exec is not too bad for example if I drop in Luton or Gatwick instead of coming back empty I could wait and get a return job at Exec rate which can boost earnings.

Also in regards to the cars, I only own the Viano - the E-class is on the Mercedes Chauffeur program so I'm renting it basically.
if only life was that easy to get a job to Gatwick and get 1 coming back.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts

Lol

You just don't get it do you?

If you think you are so good then start your own company.

And you have a cheek saying I am a Cabbie with the amount of abuse and harassment I have got from some Cabbies due to sticking up for people like you.

You are clearly deluded, now go away.

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts

You own a Viano and an E Class?

Well if you have that much work what are you asking us anything

You are clearly operating at a much higher level than anybody on here.

Or you are delusional.

But just to confirm

Uber doesn't take any driver directly onto Exec anymore.

This is done because too many drivers are on Exec.

As you have a Viano and an E Class (and soon an S Class) why didn't you sign up for Uber 3 years ago?

With all your experince in the industry surely you had heard of Uber?

Or have you financed yourself to the nuts and now can't make it pay?

Be honest now, there will be no judgement!

·
Premium Member
8,065 Posts

I was talking about mileage as u were worried about adding 10k on ur Merc....I did 46K miles....!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,785 Posts
I was talking about mileage as u were worried about adding 10k on ur Merc....I did 46K miles....!!!!!
I know of Chauffeurs doing Airport Transfers for a Company near Watford that hit 80k miles a year.

In LWB Chauffeur cars.

And the rates aren't great either.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The only way to get onto Exec, is to use your E-Class on UberX for a while, and have a very high rating and acceptance rate to be considered.

As mentioned, though, there are already plenty of Exec drivers, and many more using Exec cars on X. Though I don't know how they manage to run such a car on £1.25 a mile.

As a result, I doubt you are able to join Exec immediately and are unlikely to ever implement it again.

Furthermore, it is not unknown to wait for a job at Gatwick/Luton job for several hours.
Very true - Had a look and it is near impossible to get into Exec direct without doing UberX, but Many thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You will not get a exec job from Luton or gatwick it's very rare if you are worried about getting a job back join X with the e class and only do return jobs as you mentioned
Hmm - looking at the Uber Passenger app there seems to be always 4-5 Exec drivings waiting and as I move the pin more keep showing so I thought Uber had lots of Exec jobs at Gatwick and Luton. But I completely believe you as you have work for Uber on Exec and plus with Luton not many business customer fly there, apart from the private plane area but they mostly have their own drivers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.