Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after an hour and 40 miles round trip I am feeling UBERED big time. IF you have an UBER phone, which I do as I refuse to put UBER on my personal phone, you have been getting messages to swap phones or put the app on your phone. Well went up to the pyramid and waited as new drivers with their fresh UBER glow were onboarded left and right. I did not know there were that many ex El Cajon cab drivers around. Get called and go up to a young UBER gal who tells me they are not going to be having UBER phones anymore. I said why did I get a text yesterday about swapping out. She says "oh that decision was made this morning". So send out a god damn text then. How hard is that? Anyway,on the way out I could not help but mutter under my breath "don't do it,don't do it" to a new driver walking in with her mechanic. Perhaps I'll get deactivated now. HEHE

I do not want UBER on my personal phone. Plus running LYFT and UBER on the same phone as well as killing time online while parked seems a bit more of a hassle on 1 phone than having separate devices. Isn't there some carrier talking about 30 dollars a month for a phone?Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Don't know about the phone but I can definitely attest to the abundance of ex cabbie's trolling around my neighborhood in North Park. Been forced to go to my 2nd & 3rd honey holes lately because of 'em...less surge as well...smh. San Diego should be surging a lot more than it has been lately.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Well after an hour and 40 miles round trip I am feeling UBERED big time. IF you have an UBER phone, which I do as I refuse to put UBER on my personal phone, you have been getting messages to swap phones or put the app on your phone. Well went up to the pyramid and waited as new drivers with their fresh UBER glow were onboarded left and right. I did not know there were that many ex El Cajon cab drivers around. Get called and go up to a young UBER gal who tells me they are not going to be having UBER phones anymore. I said why did I get a text yesterday about swapping out. She says "oh that decision was made this morning". So send out a god damn text then. How hard is that? Anyway,on the way out I could not help but mutter under my breath "don't do it,don't do it" to a new driver walking in with her mechanic. Perhaps I'll get deactivated now. HEHE

I do not want UBER on my personal phone. Plus running LYFT and UBER on the same phone as well as killing time online while parked seems a bit more of a hassle on 1 phone than having separate devices. Isn't there some carrier talking about 30 dollars a month for a phone?Suggestions?
Think about Virgin Mobile and a second phone account instead of an Uber phone.
Virgin Mobile is $39/month with 3Gb data. They never cut off the data, but only throttle it after you reach the limit. Uber and the map programs work well even if throttled.
Phones are very inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think about Virgin Mobile and a second phone account instead of an Uber phone.
Virgin Mobile is $39/month with 3Gb data. They never cut off the data, but only throttle it after you reach the limit. Uber and the map programs work well even if throttled.
Phones are very inexpensive.
What Virgin phone do you have? Are there phones that would not work with the UBER app? 39 bucks a month is cheaper than the UBER phone.
I still have not received the text saying there is no longer a phone swap. How many other drivers have wasted their time today?

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's a few companies that do about $40\mo. I have cricket for example. 5bgb data for the $40-50 range. Also... Its not okay to be rude and make a big deal... The 'Uber gal' as you said just works as a representative and is doing her job. Alert texts are automated....no one likes or enjoys being harrased

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
What Virgin phone do you have? Are there phones that would not work with the UBER app? 39 bucks a month is cheaper than the UBER phone.
I still have not received the text saying there is no longer a phone swap. How many other drivers have wasted their time today?
I use the LG Volt. Big screen good processor. Works great with Uber and other apps.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
There's a few companies that do about $40\mo. I have cricket for example. 5bgb data for the $40-50 range. Also... Its not okay to be rude and make a big deal... The 'Uber gal' as you said just works as a representative and is doing her job. Alert texts are automated.... I am a ndriver as well but I also just ghot hired to work at the 'pyramid'.... So I speak, when a lot of issues are out of our control, is not okay.
Thank you for letting us know we better think twice about what we say around here. I congratulate you on your decision to get a real job. Who said I was rude? Did you go track the gal down and ask her about what I had written here? Was I bummed that I had wasted over an hour of time and 40 miles to do what was requested in numerous texts? You think that was ok? I still have not seen a text saying it is strictly BYOD yet, how many other drivers have lost money trying to exchange phones? The UBER employee's job is to put up with Driver concerns. Too bad we do not get a chance to rate them. So again thanks for warning us to not say anything bad about UBER around here. Is part of your job description to keep an eye on us around here? What limits do you have regarding what you would take to UBER about what you read around here?

Kind of alarming that I get a text regarding my "completion rating". I just got notice yesterday it was 82% along with the congrats about being a top 5%er. Of course this warning today came after I wrote around here. LOL

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you for letting us know we better think twice about what we say around here. I congratulate you on your decision to get a real job. Who said I was rude? Did you go track the gal down and ask her about what I had written here? Was I bummed that I had wasted over an hour of time and 40 miles to do what was requested in numerous texts? You think that was ok? I still have not seen a text saying it is strictly BYOD yet, how many other drivers have lost money trying to exchange phones? The UBER employee's job is to put up with Driver concerns. Too bad we do not get a chance to rate them. So again thanks for warning us to not say anything bad about UBER around here. Is part of your job description to keep an eye on us around here? What limits do you have regarding what you would take to UBER about what you read around here?

Kind of alarming that I get a text regarding my "completion rating". I just got notice yesterday it was 82% along with the congrats about being a top 5%er. Of course this warning today came after I wrote around here. LOL
You are seriously paranoid. I have better things to do than tattle. The fact that I even mentioned it should be enough. Texting support goes to Indian people who knows where not the support center in miramar.... And like I'm going to match up people from here to actual drivers lol paranoid thoughts at their finest. If anyone goes in frustered telling new drivers to not drive well then who in their right mind would want to offer help? In all the joins I've ever had I just be customers if they are being rude or start telling. Right to refuse service to a-hole and as a female men think they can go in there and intimidate.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

This is a private forum not associated with any TNC.
It is a place where drivers can say what they want within the forum's rules.
You are seriously paranoid. I have better things to do than tattle. The fact that I even mentioned it should be enough. Texting support goes to Indian people who knows where not the support center in miramar.... And like I'm going to match up people from here to actual drivers lol paranoid thoughts at their finest. If anyone goes in frustered telling new drivers to not drive well then who in their right mind would want to offer help? In all the joins I've ever had I just be customers if they are being rude or start telling. Right to refuse service to a-hole and as a female men think they can go in there and intimidate.
Anyone else notice everything this poster says is wrong? From not updating the app and still driving, to Indian support.
Now he/she says she works at Uber San Diego.....
None of his/her posts make any sense.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts