Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got an UberEats invite. Apparently it's coming to AZ. Went to sign up but they don't have AZ listed in their Web form. I couldn't add it manually or continue without a state. For a technology company these people are idiots. I'm gonna pass. Y'all have fun, now.

·
Premium Member
2,378 Posts
Well I'll admit it, I signed up just to try it out. If it supplements this miserable summer slow down, I'll be happy. If it's a joke like everything else Goober does, I'll just opt out.

Goober x is brutal right now.

I had the same issue with the state not being in the sing up form and I emailed Goober and they sent me a different link to sign up on.

This was yesterday and this morning I wasn't able to log onto the driver app. They made me submit to another background check. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well I'll admit it, I signed up just to try it out. If it supplements this miserable summer slow down, I'll be happy. If it's a joke like everything else Goober does, I'll just opt out.

I had the same issue with the state not being in the sing up form and I emailed Goober and they sent me a different link to sign up on.

This was yesterday and this morning I wasn't able to log onto the driver app. They made me submit to another background check. Anyone else experience this?
Another background check!?! Weird...
You're right, UberX is brutal right now. I can usually make it work but the last few days in particular have been scary....

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
How long before a disgruntled "independent contractor" tampers with someones food? No thanks....I'll take my chances with carry-out or a delivery person who is not a 1099 employee....

*Edit*- maybe Im being a bit harsh, but this is my genuine reaction to UBER being associated with food.
I am completely with you on this one. Shouldn't take long before we hear of someone ending up with a little extra "cream of some young guy" in their sweet and sour pork.

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Least your fee is $10.50 for the bag.
Where I live its $50.
Eats is not bad. The min fare is double than X so your paid base+KM. They don't pay you for time.
You can also complain to fuber if you wait 10 min for the food and they give compo. They are also offering incentives so an extra $10 per delivery if you maintain a 90 percentage acceptance ect ect (varies week to week).
Oh and food doesn't give 1 star because you didn't give water, mints, aux cable for a $3.40 job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That's exactly why I'm going to try several different things. Goober x isn't working alone and I don't want to work 10-12hrs. a day to try and make it work.

I'm only good for about 6-8hrs. and I'm ready for a nap. Lol
Yeah, me too. I don't want to risk safety. I can tell when I'm starting to push it & I have to turn off the App and get my ass home. The thing is that I don't want to go back out after I've rested because I need a decent night's sleep in order to be up on time in the morning.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good luck when the ASU kids come back. Delivering that stuff to a dorm is going to be a major pain.
It is actually not that bad. They know to come downstairs as we can't go into the dorms and I make the ones that you can't drive to the door come meet me down on the closest street. Most deliveries are short quarter mile drops so very quick drops.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I haven't seen the invite (and probably won't since I only did 6 rides this month). How does the pay compare to DoorDash?

DoorDash is a flat $5/delivery + tip. Tips average 40-60% of total earnings so they're important. I average a little over 2 deliveries per hour and make $12-$20 per hour (I pick my schedule hours carefully to maximize income).

I don't understand how Uber guarantees 10 minute deliveries. Is it a very limited menu or a very limited delivery area?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I haven't seen the invite (and probably won't since I only did 6 rides this month). How does the pay compare to DoorDash?

DoorDash is a flat $5/delivery + tip. Tips average 40-60% of total earnings so they're important. I average a little over 2 deliveries per hour and make $12-$20 per hour (I pick my schedule hours carefully to maximize income).

I don't understand how Uber guarantees 10 minute deliveries. Is it a very limited menu or a very limited delivery area?
I went to the contact page on ubereats and got a response within a few minutes. She sent me a location to pick up a bag in Dallas so waiting for another response to correct that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I believe it was $3.40 base fare and $1.15 a mile. I have no idea how they can guarantee 10 minute delivery. I would assume they can't accept the order unless they knew they had a driver. Otherwise, they run the risk of not having a driver available. If that's the case, they wouldn't start preparing the order until after the request was accepted by a driver meaning the driver is probably standing around waiting for the order to be completed. And it probably a limited menu in a limited area.

·
Registered
294 Posts

I also had to consent to another background check yesterday.. If I remember right it has to do with their contract with the airport.. They have to randomly audit up to 10 percent of the drivers upon request from the airport.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts