Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know you make much more money driving and UE is a rip off, etc, etc, but I am a terrible driver and don't want strangers in my car. Anyways, I guess I'm curious about people's different strategies, I have definitely been able to make some good cash doing this but I'm all about efficiency.

To find deliveries do you take "routes" or find hot places to park. I live in Woodbury so I don't have the luxury of getting pings at home, so I always have to make the decision to go 94 to St Paul or 494 to Bloomington. If I do the 94 route I go 94 to 35W to 494 to France to 62 back to 35W. I haven't really tried the parking approach, which I know can save gas, but I feel like I'm wasting time. I've tried parking by restaurants I've gotten a lot of orders from in the past. There is a particular restaurant that has a lot of orders, usually long rides, and good tipping customers, I've tried parking down the block from them to see if I could get the most orders from there, it didn't work. I tried parking in the middle of Uptown and again it didn't seem to work. Am I just not waiting long enough?

Also, looking for advice from fellow drivers on which restaurants to avoid.

I already know all about McDonalds, sometimes I don't mind doing them in certain situations but I absolutely refuse to go to the Dinkytown McDonalds, in fact I like to avoid Dinkytown in general.

I don't know if they are still using UE, because I haven't gotten an order from them in months is Golden Grill in St Paul. Literally every order I've picked up there they start making when they walk in. It is in a sketchy area as well, however the owner is super friendly and I always feel bad for thumbs downing him.

World of Beer, downtown St Paul: they are way too busy to be dealing with UE, the employees are annoyed that you're there and it takes forever to get your order

I'm sure there are many more that I can't think of right now, but like I said looking for some advice.

And just so this isn't all negative, anyone care to share some of their favorite restaurants? Shish in St Paul is fast and friendly and their customers tend to tip. Also I find that Chinese and Pizza places are usually fast and have decent trip lengths.

Oh and one more thing, delivery bags. I use the basic insulated bag that I got free from postmates, but I always feel inadequate when I run into someone with one of those ginormous double sided bags.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Also, looking for advice from fellow drivers
Wish I had some insight to offer you Cookie... So far I've only had people in my car compliments of Uber. However, several of them smelled like a bag of food for whatever reason. A few others just smelled.

In any case, welcome to the Forum! Hopefully some folks will chime in an offer some insight.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Wish I had some insight to offer you Cookie... So far I've only had people in my car compliments of Uber. However, several of them smelled like a bag of food for whatever reason. A few others just smelled.

In any case, welcome to the Forum! Hopefully some folks will chime in an offer some insight.
The worst smells are ppl who fry a lot of food, work in kitchens, and cook with lots of strong spices.. and the rare terrible body odor.. I've only dealt w a handful of farts but this one Mexican girl I used to get often, Jesus sh!t

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would first suggest to shorten your question. I know I find it difficult to be invested in a question that is this long. Just a suggestion... I'm know one special.
I appreciate the suggestion. This is literally my first message board post in like 10 years!

I would first suggest to shorten your question. I know I find it difficult to be invested in a question that is this long. Just a suggestion... I'm know one special.
Holy crap, I just looked at my OP, I didn't realize it was that long!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m in the process of signing up for DoorDash :) I just passed the background check and now waiting to hear back....Literally as I was typing that I got an email from them saying they need more information for the background check, but I already received a copy....

Also contemplating signing up to drive people. I think I’ve had enough convincing from these boards that it’s the better way to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts