Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a freelance software dev who has turned to UberEats for some income. Been doing it for a couple weeks now and overall I love the flexibility of the hours. The pay is acceptable for now with the 1.3x and 1.4x boosts I suppose.

Anyway, my first full week they were running a promo that was make 300 extra for completing 50 deliveries this week. I worked 29ish hours ( some of that was sitting on my couch waiting for a ping ) and made about $337 but with that promo I made $637 which was great.

How often can I make that 300 extra for doing 50 deliveries in a week happen? Was it just a one time deal?

Posted this in my cities section as well but figured I'd get more feedback here.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a freelance software dev who has turned to UberEats for some income. Been doing it for a couple weeks now and overall I love the flexibility of the hours. The pay is acceptable for now with the 1.3x and 1.4x boosts I suppose.

Anyway, my first full week they were running a promo that was make 300 extra for completing 50 deliveries this week. I worked 29ish hours ( some of that was sitting on my couch waiting for a ping ) and made about $337 but with that promo I made $637 which was great.

How often can I make that 300 extra for doing 50 deliveries in a week happen? Was it just a one time deal?

Posted this in my cities section as well but figured I'd get more feedback here.
For perspective: My better weeks running DoorDash are $600-630 with about 30 hours worked. With NO extra promo tacked onto that.

Tips make a big difference - work for a company that makes tipping easy - there are plenty to choose from.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow that's good. Honestly, UE tips aren't as bad as I heard they'd be. Yesterday I did 6 runs in 2 and a half hours which got me 35 but 4/6 tipped and I ended up with over 50.

I signed up for postmates but I hear the order and pick up process is a pain with them. I'll look into DoorDash now.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
We don't have DoorDash in Austin, but we do have Postmates. While you do have those extra steps of ordering,paying for the order, and taking a photograph of the order receipt on Postmates, I've found that Postmates pays better for short trips, as well as paying for any time you're waiting for an order to be fulfilled before you begin delivery. Oh, and Postmates has in-app tipping, too. UberEATS wins out in other areas: delivery payout in the suburbs and exurbs, simplicity, and Instant Pay.

March 28 edit: Whoops.. should've checked DD's site. DD apparently *IS* available in Austin now. I even saw their office listed on Google Maps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I Orlando, I've been offered exactly one promotion deal after the first week. It was for $50, I think. No, do t expect them often.

I've gotten no Eats pings even, in ages. Just people.

Oh, you might want to look into instacart, too. Though, it took me months to get an in-person thin, which I go to tomorrow. $8 per delivery, plus 40 cents per item

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
For perspective: My better weeks running DoorDash are $600-630 with about 30 hours worked. With NO extra promo tacked onto that.

Tips make a big difference - work for a company that makes tipping easy - there are plenty to choose from.
In my market they rarely tip and the crappy boost pay after uber commission wasn't cutting it so I stopped Ubereats and went back delivering for postmates and grubhub, I make a lot more money and get good tips everyday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.