Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a ping right after dropping pax two mins away. It was from a restaurant. Waited outside for the pax. A lady came out with ubereats paper bag. Asked me politely if he this uber for Josephine. I say yes. Then she ask me deliver the food to an address a few km away. Told her I am not ubereats goat. She says ubereats stuffed up and need to get it delivered using Uber x.
Told her I can do that but I won’t move my arse to deliver it to the person. Told her if no one there when I reach, I will leave the food at the driveway. She says she will make sure the person waits for me.

Reached the driveway and the customer came out and picks up the bag from me. No, I did not steal or spit on the food. Minimum fare though for 1.5km drive.

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
Got a ping right after dropping pax two mins away. It was from a restaurant. Waited outside for the pax. A lady came out with ubereats paper bag. Asked me politely if he this uber for Josephine. I say yes. Then she ask me deliver the food to an address a few km away. Told her I am not ubereats goat. She says ubereats stuffed up and need to get it delivered using Uber x.
Told her I can do that but I won't move my arse to deliver it to the person. Told her if no one there when I reach, I will leave the food at the driveway. She says she will make sure the person waits for me.

Reached the driveway and the customer came out and picks up the bag from me. No, I did not steal or spit on the food. Minimum fare though for 1.5km drive.
you would of gotten paid more on ubereats rates and wouldn't of been required to carry food.

ubereats didn't stuff it they just weren't any ubereat driver around for the pick up so the restaurant "reached out" to the customer and told them to order a uberx to the pick up point if they wanted the food.

sometimes it can take 1-2 hours to find a driver if they ever find a driver with the "rates". I still got their cheap hot bag in the trunk just in case rides die off and i need to supplement my night with eats to make it over the hump.

Reactions: clmre and Apollo

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Told her I can do that but I won't move my arse to deliver it to the person. Told her if no one there when I reach, I will leave the food at the driveway. She says she will make sure the person waits for me.

This can be an opportunity. I had exactly the same thing early one evening with a well known restaurant in my city. I accepted the 'trip' when one of the kitchen guys brought the well packaged food out to my car. As it turned out, the rider/delivery account happened to be in the name of the chef.

It was more than a minimum 'fare' but not significantly more. But whilst driving to the destination I mentally started questioning the whole procedure and wondered why the restaurant wasn't using ÜberEats, and it occurred to me that there might be an opportunity begging for attention. I started texting the chef and we set up a convo outside the app and made an appointment to get together the following afternoon.

Long story short, the restaurant had initially set up with ÜberEats, but before they launched, the restaurant did a thorough analysis of the sums, baulked at the result and pulled the pin. They liked the idea, but Über's cut was just too much and became a deal breaker.

Over several discussions, the chef (who has sizeable equity in the restaurant) and I came to an agreement that I would act solely as a delivery driver for them for x hours on x days, a guaranteed hourly rate was agreed to and some benefits were included.

·
Banned
3,033 Posts
This can be an opportunity. I had exactly the same thing early one evening with a well known restaurant in my city. I accepted the 'trip' when one of the kitchen guys brought the well packaged food out to my car. As it turned out, the rider/delivery account happened to be in the name of the chef.

It was more than a minimum 'fare' but not significantly more. But whilst driving to the destination I mentally started questioning the whole procedure and wondered why the restaurant wasn't using ÜberEats, and it occurred to me that there might be an opportunity begging for attention. I started texting the chef and we set up a convo outside the app and made an appointment to get together the following afternoon.

Long story short, the restaurant had initially set up with ÜberEats, but before they launched, the restaurant did a thorough analysis of the sums, baulked at the result and pulled the pin. They liked the idea, but Über's cut was just too much and became a deal breaker.

Over several discussions, the chef (who has sizeable equity in the restaurant) and I came to an agreement that I would act solely as a delivery driver for them for x hours on x days, a guaranteed hourly rate was agreed to and some benefits were included.

Impressive negotiation skills! We should get you to renegotiate the new Iran Denuclearization Treaty.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Impressive negotiation skills! We should get you to renegotiate the new Iran Denuclearization Treaty.
Don't worry, I will be using the same template that I designed for the soon to be (publicly) released agreement between the Donald and the Kim. When the press see my reports they will go ballistic.

·
Premium Member
2,677 Posts
Alternate (better) version of this story:

"Got ping from restaurant. Waited outside for pax. Lady came out with ubereats bag, to deliver to Josephine. I told lady to stuff said bag where sun don't shine. I cancelled trip and drove away".

·
Premium Member
13,793 Posts
i think what the restaurants are doing is and for some orders at least... They are taking orders off the Ubereats platform and they are then getting phone number off customer and canceling on Ubereats on their side and just getting the credit card details/payment off the phone and ordering Uberx.

Bunch of Uberx drivers taking away Ubereats guys work and cutting Uber out entirely. I wonder been complicit in it knowing what the restaurant doing and getting deactivated work for scamming?

Really just a restaurants equivalent of a "cash job". But deceiving both the driver and the end customer that think it just ubereats system fault when it actually isn't :oops:

Reactions: Golfer and Apollo

·
Registered
877 Posts
i think what the restaurants are doing is and for some orders at least... They are taking orders off the Ubereats platform and they are then getting phone number off customer and canceling on Ubereats on their side and just getting the credit card details/payment off the phone and ordering Uberx.

Bunch of Uberx drivers taking away Ubereats guys work and cutting Uber out entirely. I wonder been complicit in it knowing what the restaurant doing and getting deactivated work for scamming?

Really just a restaurants equivalent of a "cash job". But deceiving both the driver and the end customer that think it just ubereats system fault when it actually isn't :oops:
This seems a touch conspiratorial. I get "courier" trips every now and then (usually lawyers; oddly one butcher). They do this when they are just screwed and need the delivery to get there immediately.

I did a food run from Clayton to Toorak once too. Was hilarious. Tbe guy wanted his favorite restaraunt and was too rich to care, so the chef ubered it to him. The trip was a riot.

Working as intended in my eyes. Besides, I'm infinitely more efficient and fun to be around than a random Uber Eats guy. Or girl - that should have been a guy. Dodgy Uber Eats folks...

·
Banned
800 Posts

Opportunity?

Sounds like a delivery boy job don't you think.

But bravo, you got a cash job delivering food ...

Moving up.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Moving up.
Yes always moving up. :) Unlike some. Some are consumed with negativity which holds them back.

With the backing of the restaurant in question this situation is now being shopped around to some others.

Have you heard about the betting on the book that is being run with odds on the timing of your next incarceration?

·
Banned
800 Posts
Yes always moving up. :) Unlike some. Some are consumed with negativity which holds them back.

With the backing of the restaurant in question this situation is now being shopped around to some others.

Have you heard about the betting on the book that is being run with odds on the timing of your next incarceration?

Is delivery boy working x hours on x days for x restaurant kinda new in Adelaide?

If so , ground breaking stuff,mate.

Could even refer to you as an Adelaide Blade Runner ....

Soon you'll just be doing x hour on x days for 2 places at once...
Then you could sell your " run"...

I like how you glorify almost anything, its great.
You use paragraphs to say..
" I scored a part time pizza delivery job for cash"...

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Is delivery boy working x hours on x days for x restaurant kinda new in Adelaide?

Sure......

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts

Well Uberknot10
You have used 7 paragraphs .
To say , the punch line being "I scored a part time pizza delivery for of cash "
If you don't mind me saying ' not much of a punch line' !! :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts