Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
27 Posts
I have been doing UberEats on a bike in my city (Ottawa, Canada) 2 years (this is my 3rd year). I find its worth it for me. Although as ive been getting in better shape, doing more hours each year, the boost rates have been dropping. Its really only worth it from 5-9pm every day in my area (for me anyway), but its great exercise, and i still manage 20+$/hr (no insurance, no gas, no parking). But i know several guys in my area who stopped doing it, because during the rest of the day (or late at night) it pays very little.

· Premium Member
27 Posts
Slow? To be honest, ANY time during the day (id say 11am until 10pm) you hardly ever wait here (at least for me) its just the lower boost that makes the hourly average drop. I rarely wait more than 2-5 mins for next call (depending on where i dropoff). As for priority, i have no idea how Uber matches driver to order. They told me (3 years ago) when i signed up that "Eats only" drivers (and cyclists) get priority on pings over drivers that do passengers and eats. Ive had countless deliveries where i go to the same restaurant 3 times in an hour and i notice and eats cyclist hanging around outside the whole time, and have been asked why he sat outside for an hour and received no pings nearby yet I have done 3 from that spot. Uber did tell me when i signed up that cyclists will never receive pizza (and another cyclist told me she was told no soups either) yet I have received tonnes of soup orders and even a handful of pizza orders. So i wouldnt bank on any of what they say. Also (where i am) i was told the limit for cyclists (distance from pickup to dropff) is 5km (~ 3 miles?) and so far that has been the case (although on double orders i have had to ride more in total if you end up having to go in different directions.

Id say go ahead and get an Eats cyclist account, and try it and see. If you are already driving for it, then you can always switch back if it doesnt work for you. The only downside i find is when you end up with the max dropoff range, and nothing is around for a pickup and then have to waste that time coming all the way back to a good area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.