Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone delivered food on New Year? I haven’t, and I am thinking of doing it tonight. I am wondering if it’s worth it?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I wouldn't bother with Eats tonight. There will be no demand. The money will be in rides and quests. Unlike the majority, Eats works where and when I like to drive. I'll be online in the morning to share the Rides O' Shame and then probably do Eats for lunch.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Hehehe. I don't think of those rides that way. I always compliment them on judgment.
I do too of course. I've had some of my best rides, convos, tips, etc. on the "day after" and NY is the best. Followed closely by Halloween.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
There will be demand, but it will be once the bars let out. A lot of drunk people like to use uber eats. It depends on how late you want to work, I suppose.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you'd rather deliver food and make 80% less than you could make transporting pax.....

There will be demand, but it will be once the bars let out. A lot of drunk people like to use uber eats. It depends on how late you want to work, I suppose.
Awesome. That way they can puke up the EATS food when they decide to snag you for a ride later on.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I got hit with my first Uber Eats requests in months last night -- in the middle of downtown Miami where Pitbull's huge annual outdoor New Year's party was going on, and parking was running $30-50. Insane. Didn't realize at first -- thought it was just another rider pickup. Couldn't cancel fast enough when I figured it out. The damn restaurant was in the middle of the shopping mall that was in the middle of the damn party! Then I got another and finally turned it off in my app. Honestly I've gotten so few of them the past few months I forgot it was even turned on. Never again.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Haha, 1.3 boost last night while Uber was charging $20-$25 delivery fee because of demand vs. supply, not compensating drivers properly. I just kept getting pings and declining them to see if it said $15.00 guaranteed, it didn’t so I continued to decline for the sport of it.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can't help but wonder if almost all the drivers are declining eats and/or just turning eats off then who in heck is delivering these orders?? Or does the food just sit there and doesn't ever get delivered??? I have to believe Uber is getting major complaints from customers and restaurants??

·
Registered
62 Posts
5x surge for over 2 hours last night, I get 2 uber eats requests during that time, both at base rates. No thanks, Jeffery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts