Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was transitioning from 105E to 110N this morning around 8:00 or so and a CHP car and a 100 yards farther a CHP on a motorcycle were just sitting watching traffic when the motorcycle dude sprang to life and like a lion picking out a wildebeest snagged a UberDriver. Near as I could tell he was getting him for driving that solo but what do I know. Is that interchange carpool only?

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
I was transitioning from 105E to 110N this morning around 8:00 or so and a CHP car and a 100 yards farther a CHP on a motorcycle were just sitting watching traffic when the motorcycle dude sprang to life and like a lion picking out a wildebeest snagged a UberDriver. Near as I could tell he was getting him for driving that solo but what do I know. Is that interchange carpool only?
He was in a hurry to get back to the UNIVERSITY OF SPOILED CHILDREN. Court cost almost $1000. May be able to get a transponder but still a sizable ticket. FUBER ON ANTS!!!

·
Premium Member
23,298 Posts
110, 105 & 10 (10 except like 4pm-7pm needs 3 or more) are all HOV w/transponder 2 or more Free and FLEX (used to be called FasTrack) Only 1 (driver) pays fee.

I have read on here that a number of Uber Drivers put the Transponder on "3" and leave it there, even when they are driving Solo. I'd guess it was a crack-down on that.

ADD: Confusing, huh? lol

I think it's fast track only. I finally got a transponder for $36 @ Albertson's with $15 credit.
This is another thing...Uber could have had the 2 or more in his vehicle, but if he did not have a Transponder he's busted.

ADD: Except the 'driving in HOV without a Transponder ticket' I think is just mailed to the Registered Auto Owner.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
If this is a serious question then ya you need a SWITCHABLE Fastrak transponder switched to th proper number of people in car.

Many brag about leaving it on 3 when alone, he either did that or didn't have one. Sorry this happened to you Tedgey

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Yes, you need the transponder. Had several motorcycle cops pull up to me at night with a pax in the Express lane. Told my pax in back seat to wave at the officer on his right. Guy looks out the tinted window as I turn on the dome light, cop looks, and speeds off.

Also happened with my kid in the back child seat, going 110-N. Told my kid to wave at the officer.

Honestly, I'm glad CHP is cracking down on the 110. Especially catching those changing lanes to get out of the Express, illegally. These idiots are slowing traffic down.

·
Banned
16,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't see the transponder by the mirror. Traffic was bumper to bumper even in the HOV lane so I got a good look. He had something square in the drivers side lower corner but he was definitely driving solo. I wonder if the cops know if you're lying on the transponder.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts
I didn't see the transponder by the mirror. Traffic was bumper to bumper even in the HOV lane so I got a good look. He had something square in the drivers side lower corner but he was definitely driving solo. I wonder if the cops know if you're lying on the transponder.
Orange County fastrack advices lower left corner, LA Express Lanes wants in front of rear view mirror. I am guilty of forgetting to move the transponder selector from two or three back to one riding solo.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Ya they do know, there is a light up above as you go through it and it blinks 1-3 times for what you had your transponder set to.

If it blinks 3 and you are alone then you get a story written about you on UP.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Orange County fastrack advices lower left corner, LA Express Lanes wants in front of rear view mirror. I am guilty of forgetting to move the transponder selector from two or three back to one riding solo.
Clarification here: For ANY FasTrak transponder REGARDLESS of issuing agency, the preferred placement is behind the center windshield mounted rear view mirror. Both the right and left bottom corners of the windshield are acceptable alternatives.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
He probably had his transponder set to three to avoid the toll, if he only had one person his toll today will be $431.00

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I got my transponder through the toll road I like their website better then metro, all the transponders work throughout california.

·
Premium Member
10,754 Posts
Clarification here: For ANY FasTrak transponder REGARDLESS of issuing agency, the preferred placement is behind the center windshield mounted rear view mirror. Both the right and left bottom corners of the windshield are acceptable alternatives.
Depends on when you got your transponder. They keep changing the instructions but asong as it is on the windshield and not sitting on the dash you are good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts