Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
uberblack - does interior really need to be black???

How does uber vet uberblack cars? do they actually inspect inteiror?

·
Registered
292 Posts
in houston they don't care, the car doesn't even need to be black, I have even seen UBERblack/suv's with cloth interior.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In my market Uber provided a document the Uberblack/SUV requirements. Document had all the standard requirements listed out included with black on black, but at the bottom there is statement that the area manager has the right to approve vehicle outside of standard requirements. So you may be able to get your vehicle approve this process.

Also we have a Ford Flex and Audi that are approved and they are silver in color.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In my market Uber provided a document the Uberblack/SUV requirements. Document had all the standard requirements listed out included with black on black, but at the bottom there is statement that the area manager has the right to approve vehicle outside of standard requirements. So you may be able to get your vehicle approve this process.

Also we have a Ford Flex and Audi that are approved and they are silver in color.
so it sounds like i need to go and talk to the area manager? i really don't want a black tesla. i'm looking at white tesla and tan interior.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From what I understand it's mostly about what local government approves for liveries. Uber Black = livery with all the usual licensing, etc. Uber doesn't care all that much as long as the cars fit the local perception of premium, whatever that is. So check locally.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
What does that actually mean anyways uber black?
It goes back to the original concept of "black car service" which referred specifically to limousines (which are traditionally painted black, very occasionally white). Now it refers to any "luxury" service automobile. Though Uber seems to have taken the term quite literally in its requirement that cars actually be all black, inside and out. Typical aspies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's also good money in Malaysia, since UberBlack has the highest earnings and for flexibility, they can also take UberX passengers, being a sedan which fetches four passengers max (albeit of the luxury kind)... Too bad I'm only driving an MPV, which means it's UberXL for me then! :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I can't imagine that if someone was to spend $78K+ on a Ruby Red 2017 Lincoln Navigator L with a tan leather interior, that Uber would say "No, you don't qualify."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts