Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can think of a lot of reason why NOT to do this... but before I write this off are there any positives?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I can think of a lot of reason why NOT to do this... but before I write this off are there any positives?
none at all

why do this for the came rate as X?
Just another uber scam

Reactions: UXDriver

·
Registered
565 Posts
no reason, takes longer to get pax into car & out again for the same rates.. I know you can't discriminate against disabled & companies shouldn't which is why I would never condone disabled paying more .... however, I do think Uber should encourage drivers to do uber assist by paying more & they could do this by reducing their 20/25%.. Yet they don't, they expect you to spend more time at low rates & they still get their commission regardless how long you take...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not worth it. You can get requests up to 30 minutes away if you're the only one around.
At the same rate as a normal X ride, it ends up costing you money.
If UBER were less greedy, and took say a 10% cut then it would be worth your while as it's always good to assist the challenged.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Just like UberEATS, a complete crock! Don't go there unless they add a permanent incentive and not just a token bribe for a few weeks.

·
Registered
158 Posts
UberASSIST, so where do we stand if we injure someone helping them in or out of our car, does Uber have any insurance?????

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
UberASSIST, so where do we stand if we injure someone helping them in or out of our car, does Uber have any insurance?????
hopefully you have a lot of insurance. I would not be relying on uber support there.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Sadly its more if we INJURE ourselves helping someone in and out. Uber has no work cover! So you're on your own if you pull a shoulder while trying to help someone in or out etc.

Too many risks, no rewards. No thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I agree with the idea of Uber reducing their cut. It seems that there is absolutely no incentive. Time for Uber to get serious about ASSIST, by paying driver same as X trips, it just shows that there has been little thinking nor strategy involved.

As a side note, it would be good if Uber had a sliding % fee to incentivise well-rated drivers.

For example:

After a driver has reached 1000 trips the following kicks in
20% - 4.7 stars or less
18% - 4.8 stars
16% - 4.9 stars +

16% - UberASSIST

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
20% - 4.7 stars or less
18% - 4.8 stars
16% - 4.9 stars +

16% - UberASSIST
Well new drivers are on 25% commission now... So I don't think you'll see Uber lowering that rate any time soon, as it appears Uber has been pushing the rate up not down in as many areas as it can!

I agree, UberAssist should have a lower commission though, and it needs very clear guidelines of what drivers can and can't do for pax.

As above, you have no workcover, so if you hurt your shoulder helping a pax in and out of car as they fell on you while trying to get in and tear a muscle, you get zero dollars from Uber, you have no workcover, if you have a normal job, you can't claim it there either. You're basically up a sh!t creek without a paddle.

It does and can happen. Its a lawsuit waiting to happen for Uber.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LevelX agree with the risks involved which is not just limited to driving ASSIST. Unfortunately, have to agree with Uber not lowering their rates any time soon. Organically, they will simply push good drivers out, causing service standards to drop... the no water and mints stance is an example. I now have a timer set to 5 mins, if a pax isn't out by then, they get no-showed and I take my $8 and look go to next ride.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
agree with the risks involved which is not just limited to driving ASSIST
Agreed, but at the moment, the risks of personal injury is much lower when you hardly leave your drivers seat. Assist increases that for no gain for us at all.

they will simply push good drivers out, causing service standards to drop... the no water and mints stance is an example
Agreed... they are and they have!

I now have a timer set to 5 mins, if a pax isn't out by then, they get no-showed
Fair enough too!

Uber caused this issue, but sadly all they'll do to fix it, is remove the no show fee like they have in some areas in the USA already! :(

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Here in Toronto Uber's rate is lower. Also, none of my 10 assist rides have been legitimate. Meaning they were just regular riders who selected the wrong platform so no extra effort required and got paid more. No negatives so far.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Thanks everyone, I agree with the idea of Uber reducing their cut. It seems that there is absolutely no incentive. Time for Uber to get serious about ASSIST, by paying driver same as X trips, it just shows that there has been little thinking nor strategy involved.

As a side note, it would be good if Uber had a sliding % fee to incentivise well-rated drivers.

For example:

20% - 4.7 stars or less
18% - 4.8 stars
16% - 4.9 stars +

16% - UberASSIST
Uber have been highly successful over several years now working on ways to increase their fees and reduce your earnings. in previous years in the USA they tried having a sliding commission scale which depended on how many trips you took. 10 trips 30% 11 to 20 Trips 25% over 21 trips 20% or something similar.

You can always trust that uber will work out ways to make more money for themselves and making partners incomes low.

Ideally Uber want people who are in debt or desperate for money, that way they keep drivers on the road giving 5 star service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts