Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My story starts when I made a complete disaster of booking an uber cab for my doctor appointment. I booked a can and entered the car within 1 minute I got a call. The moment the driver saw me outside and started yelling at me for being late. I was so surprised and was taken aback by his behavior, but I still gave him a benefit of doubt and got into his cab thinking it might be having a rough day and he will be fine in a moment. I was completely wrong. He started to yell all the more and I bursted into tears. He then suddenly stopped the car and asked me to get down in the middle of the road. I asked him to drop me at the place where he had picked me from. He refused to do that. He was arrogant enough to tell me to go to cops and complain about it. After a hell lot of argument, he drove crazily with an intention to hurt me as I had a terrible neck pain that I was going to the doc for. I ended up missing my appointment and in a horrible mood.

Driver Name: Kamal
Vehicle No: 7CJZ506

Please avoid this driver for your future rides if you want your ride to be a peaceful one and if you want to make it to your destination in time without getting hurt.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I would say that sounds like a typical Uber driver. Uber drivers are angry at the world because they work long hours for little pay and no hope of a tip.

You know what I do? When I hop in the car I immediately hand the driver a couple of bucks in cash. It instantly changes everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The least I expect from them is to tell their concern in a normal tonality. This kind of inhuman behavior makes it too difficult to be nice to them. I paid 11 bucks for a 0.4 mile trip for 0.83 seconds that led me nowhere. I don't mind paying extra bucks to remunerate for their time and service but paying extra just for them to behave nice is definitely uncalled-for.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would say that sounds like a typical Uber driver. Uber drivers are angry at the world because they work long hours for little pay and no hope of a tip.

You know what I do? When I hop in the car I immediately hand the driver a couple of bucks in cash. It instantly changes everything.
did this today on a lyft short trip . Gave the guy $3 up front tip....we were all happy.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hey must be Manesh "incognito" let the Uber CSR on this site offer whatever we offered Manesh.........where is twofiddymile when you need him?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
How do we know pax didnt come out after 1 min of realizing her uber was waiting? how do we know if she was polite to the driver or if she was rude and not polite? Not to say a driver shoukd yell at her they shouldnt at alll. I know i jave gotten into it with a few pax and im sure thier side of the story was all innocent too

·
Registered
110 Posts

I'm an UBER Driver, in Houston, TX, been Uberi'n now for 34 days. I really love my job, I like my riders, atleast 99.9% of em, tips or no tips I always be in a good mood, I treat my riders kindly with respect & I my weekly take home pay is realky good, always more than $700 plus take home a week, plus tips.

Not ALL us UBER drivers are in bad mood or treat our riders with disrespect, I sure don't cause I want my riders to remember there good ride they had with me. Some of us drivers do care, do work hard, do trear out riders with respect.

RDM

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm terribly sorry this happened to you. Report it to Uber immediately. A rule of thumb we drivers generally use is if you get attitude from the start CANCEL the trip. Don't hope for things to get better and don't try to placate. It almost never works. Cancel and move on even if it makes you late because as you see for yourself not only did you not make your appointment you risked injury and lost money as well.

How do we know pax didnt come out after 1 min of realizing her uber was waiting? how do we know if she was polite to the driver or if she was rude and not polite? Not to say a driver shoukd yell at her they shouldnt at alll. I know i jave gotten into it with a few pax and im sure thier side of the story was all innocent too
We could make that argument about EVERY story that's posted here. Unless and until some evidence points in the other direction I generally give the OP the benefit of the doubt. Some people are psychotic.

·
24,936 Posts
until some evidence points in the other direction I generally give the OP the benefit of the doubt.
........as do I. Add to that my experience as a Company Official. We used to get similar complaints about some of our drivers. My investigation of those complaints sometimes revealed that the customer had a legitimate complaint.

We had this one guy about whom customers frequently complained. He had a really nasty attitude. His favourite rant was about waiting time. Instead of saying this to the customer, in a professional, courteous and businesslike manner: "Sir, you do understand that there will be a charge for the time that I had to wait for you.", he would start yelling "YOU PAY WAITING TIME! YOU PAY WAITING TIME!! YOU PAY WAITING TIME!!!" He would never give them a minute to get to his car. We had this one law firm whose offices were in a building that had a front door that was set back a good twenty-five yards from the kerb. Thus, it took a minute for the customer to walk from the door to the kerb. The people from this firm always were at the door in less than five minutes from the receipt of their call.

The dispatcher sent this guy to pick up someone from this firm, one evening. She told me that she was at the door, saw him arrive and immediately started for his cab. She got in and he greeted her with his screaming about the waiting time. As the customer's being at the door was in accord with my experience with this firm (and even with this passenger, as I had picked her up more than once. I still drove when I was a Company Official), I believed her. I called in the driver, listened to what he told me. From what he told me, it was obvious that she was telling the truth.

This guy was so bad that regullarly, I had to suspend his radio privileges. He was banned from several accounts and several properties where we had a direct line. He had a bad reputation even among people who hailed cabs. I received more than a few complaints from his street hails. It was so ridiculous with this guy that drivers from my own company who were from the same place as he is and even drivers from other companies used to come to the Office to complain that people would not ride with them because the customers thought that the complaining driver was this guy.

I wanted to kick this guy out of the company, but my Board would not go along with it.

This guy was such a doofus that he is in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most failures of a certain type of examination given by a certain entity that is found in every state.............at least he used to be in it for that.....someone may have surpassed him, by now, but I have not checked in years. He finally did pass said examination. I wonder if they just got tired of seeing this guy and passed him just to get rid of him.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
........as do I. Add to that my experience as a Company Official. We used to get similar complaints about some of our drivers. My investigation of those complaints sometimes revealed that the customer had a legitimate complaint.

We had this one guy about whom customers frequently complained. He had a really nasty attitude. His favourite rant was about waiting time. Instead of saying this to the customer, in a professional, courteous and businesslike manner: "Sir, you do understand that there will be a charge for the time that I had to wait for you.", he would start yelling "YOU PAY WAITING TIME! YOU PAY WAITING TIME!! YOU PAY WAITING TIME!!!" He would never give them a minute to get to his car. We had this one law firm whose offices were in a building that had a front door that was set back a good twenty-five yards from the kerb. Thus, it took a minute for the customer to walk from the door to the kerb. The people from this firm always were at the door in less than five minutes from the receipt of their call.

The dispatcher sent this guy to pick up someone from this firm, one evening. She told me that she was at the door, saw him arrive and immediately started for his cab. She got in and he greeted her with his screaming about the waiting time. As the customer's being at the door was in accord with my experience with this firm (and even with this passenger, as I had picked her up more than once. I still drove when I was a Company Official), I believed her. I called in the driver, listened to what he told me. From what he told me, it was obvious that she was telling the truth.

This guy was so bad that regullarly, I had to suspend his radio privileges. He was banned from several accounts and several properties where we had a direct line. He had a bad reputation even among people who hailed cabs. I received more than a few complaints from his street hails. It was so ridiculous with this guy that drivers from my own company who were from the same place as he is and even drivers from other companies used to come to the Office to complain that people would not ride with them because the customers thought that the complaining driver was this guy.

I wanted to kick this guy out of the company, but my Board would not go along with it.

This guy was such a doofus that he is in the Guiness Book of World Records for the most failures of a certain type of examination given by a certain entity that is found in every state.............at least he used to be in it for that.....someone may have surpassed him, by now, but I have not checked in years. He finally did pass said examination. I wonder if they just got tired of seeing this guy and passed him just to get rid of him.
Jeez, what do you have to do to get fired in D.C.? That's beyond wild. Its drivers like THAT that create crappy reputations for the industry.

·
24,936 Posts
Its drivers like THAT that create crappy reputations for the industry.
There it is. I tried several times to make my case to the Board that he was messing up the business. The thing was, he bought a sticker every week. The Board valued that revenue. They did not seem to understand that his garbage attitude was costing the drivers revenue.

Reactions: D Town

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
My story starts when I made a complete disaster of booking an uber cab for my doctor appointment. I booked a can and entered the car within 1 minute I got a call. The moment the driver saw me outside and started yelling at me for being late. I was so surprised and was taken aback by his behavior, but I still gave him a benefit of doubt and got into his cab thinking it might be having a rough day and he will be fine in a moment. I was completely wrong. He started to yell all the more and I bursted into tears. He then suddenly stopped the car and asked me to get down in the middle of the road. I asked him to drop me at the place where he had picked me from. He refused to do that. He was arrogant enough to tell me to go to cops and complain about it. After a hell lot of argument, he drove crazily with an intention to hurt me as I had a terrible neck pain that I was going to the doc for. I ended up missing my appointment and in a horrible mood.

Driver Name: Kamal
Vehicle No: 7CJZ506

Please avoid this driver for your future rides if you want your ride to be a peaceful one and if you want to make it to your destination in time without getting hurt.
Use your app to report him. No one should get yelled at like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wrong. Not a typical UBer driver. (Generalize much?). Simple solution anyhow... report the driver. Enough complaints and eventually he'll get deactivated. Also, if you're an UBer driving "hoping" for a tip you're doing it wrong. Be bold. Be creative. Hustle a bit. Earn that tip and be happy instead of "hoping" and being angry at the world. When life gives you lemons...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts