Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone here who provides an XL bumper-to-bumper covered weekly payment lease?
My car is in the shop,have to sell it due to "lost value" before carfax puts the accident in the system and I don't want to buy another car,so I came to an idea to lease an XL vehicle.

·
13,039 Posts
There aren't many good options at this point.
I'm simply stating what is obvious. Even if you were to lease and did it 'under the radar', you'd put an insane amount of miles on the vehicle.
It truly would not be worth it. I know you don't want to hear it but I'm just feeding you the truth.
Your best bet is to buy a 2-3-4k car and drive that til wheels fall off. It probably wouldn't be an XL vehicle but most rides aren't XL anyways.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On XL,my friend works 5 hours and makes 120$ easy.
He puts destination filter to IAD and gets at least Reston.On his way back,he picks up pax to DC (mostly union station) without destination filter.
He does that again and after those 5 hours,he has boost on X between 5-7,and makes aditional 40$.
Now you will say that you can do that on X too.Yes,you can,but with a lot more passengers,a lot more gas,and a lot more anger. Plus,out of 7 hours,he spends in DC only two.
On the other hand,yes.I can buy used civic or similar car with 60k on odometar for 6k,but it is a matter of time when something will break.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have an xl vehicle. I started out doing both x and xl when rates were much higher. When they lowered rates I did xl mostly and x when it surged. Remember , they take 28% fee for xl. They they lowered xl rates for the first time and I only did xl in surge or x on surge. Xl regular rates with 28% is only like a 1.3 surge on x. I haven't driven for a little while with quests killing the surges but I really enjoyed doing x rides over xl rides, dealing with less people. I used to love taking the college kids to the bars on the weekends but I got sick of them getting more entitled and expecting to take red solo cups with drinks and thinking the radio was their own. I was cool with them but let them know this is my car and I make the rules. I had a lot of really nice cool kids but too many groups in the xl were getting to me a bit.
Also make sure with the new rules you don't have to take x pax. Thought I read where new xl drivers are required to take x or xl not just xl, could be wrong.
Your friend making $120 is good but after 28% it's the same as some doing x rides making $105, just some thoughts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have an xl vehicle. I started out doing both x and xl when rates were much higher. When they lowered rates I did xl mostly and x when it surged. Remember , they take 28% fee for xl. They they lowered xl rates for the first time and I only did xl in surge or x on surge. Xl regular rates with 28% is only like a 1.3 surge on x. I haven't driven for a little while with quests killing the surges but I really enjoyed doing x rides over xl rides, dealing with less people. I used to love taking the college kids to the bars on the weekends but I got sick of them getting more entitled and expecting to take red solo cups with drinks and thinking the radio was their own. I was cool with them but let them know this is my car and I make the rules. I had a lot of really nice cool kids but too many groups in the xl were getting to me a bit.
Also make sure with the new rules you don't have to take x pax. Thought I read where new xl drivers are required to take x or xl not just xl, could be wrong.
Your friend making $120 is good but after 28% it's the same as some doing x rides making $105, just some thoughts
Uber takes 25% from both of us on X rates.We are not "old school". :) So no big difference between 25 and 28.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
What's the difference in price for an x car vs. xl car? If it's the same then might as well get the xl since you aren't paying more and can make more money. If the cost is higher then you have to decide if it is worth it.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
My car is in the shop,have to sell it due to "lost value" before carfax puts the accident in the system and I don't want to buy another car,so I came to an idea to lease an XL vehicle.
did you check with t5contra? I thought he had some cars for weekly lease.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Lyft has a Chevy Cruze. Not XL though. Do 100 rides per week and pay $5. less then 80 rides and you pay $185.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.