Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a Lincoln mkt, it seats 6 passangers, but some of them have a center console with a fridge installed in between the 2nd row, causing it to be a 5 passanger, the center console looks really cool, so I want to know how often does uber xl requests actually is 7 passangers? ive heard from some drivers that a lot of times its just 3 people that want more space or 1 person that has needs a lot of trunk space

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
First rule of thumb, don't go out and purchase a car strictly for Uber. You may not earn the money you need, the vehicle is re-po'd, and your credit goes south. Do not believe the ads that you will earn X$/hour. Use your current car, drive as you normally would for Uber to see what demand there is. Most markets are over saturated and the fares are low.

The question you ask is relevant to Miami. Look on the city forums and post this question in the Miami forum.

Mother UNS :)

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First rule of thumb, don't go out and purchase a car strictly for Uber. You may not earn the money you need, the vehicle is re-po'd, and your credit goes south. Do not believe the ads that you will earn X$/hour. Use your current car, drive as you normally would for Uber to see what demand there is. Most markets are over saturated and the fares are low.

The question you ask is relevant to Miami. Look on the city forums and post this question in the Miami forum.

Mother UNS :)
i appreciate your concern but you dont know my situation and I know the risks don't worry about it just answer the question please, and this question is not just relevant to Miami, this is relevant to uber xl drivers period.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
uberboy48 said:
ive heard from some drivers that a lot of times its just 3 people that want more space or 1 person that has needs a lot of trunk space
I don't worry about you, child. You just do not like to hear the truth.

The demand for XL in Houston, Chicago, or LA maybe different from the demand for an XL in Miami. Therefore your question would be better answered at https://uberpeople.net/forums/Miami/.

My answer that you do not wish to hear.

I wish you a better tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
im looking at a Lincoln mkt, it seats 6 passangers, but some of them have a center console with a fridge installed in between the 2nd row, causing it to be a 5 passanger, the center console looks really cool, so I want to know how often does uber xl requests actually is 7 passangers? ive heard from some drivers that a lot of times its just 3 people that want more space or 1 person that has needs a lot of trunk space
XL is NEVER 7 passengers, only 6. You count as one of the passengers in a 7-passenger vehicle. I would say probably 10% of my XL rides have been 6 passengers, the rest have been as you said, 1-4 people who like more room or have bags. There's also a bunch of passengers who don't know what they are doing and order XL when they really only wanted an X.

Also, if the rear center console means you can only take 5 passengers plus yourself then it wouldn't qualify as XL.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't worry about you, child. You just do not like to hear the truth.

The demand for XL in Houston, Chicago, or LA maybe different from the demand for an XL in Miami. Therefore your question would be better answered at https://uberpeople.net/forums/Miami/.

My answer that you do not wish to hear.

I wish you a better tomorrow!
the truth is, I never said I was buying a new car, truth is you don't know whats in my bank account so you don't know what are my options, truth is you don't know if I already have a full time job, truth is you don't know what I can and cant afford truth is your right but your assuming my static before asking, truth is your not answering my question, im not asking for demand stats, im asking how often do the people that request uber xl are actually 7 passangers? that's it, it has nothing to do with demand in Miami, any uber xl driver from anywhere can answer the question based on there experiences, also im asking about the car Lincoln mkt, I need opinions rather or not its worth having fridge console in between the 2nd row seats causing it to be a 6 seater

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
XL is NEVER 7 passengers, only 6. You count as one of the passengers in a 7-passenger vehicle. I would say probably 10% of my XL rides have been 6 passengers, the rest have been as you said, 1-4 people who like more room or have bags. There's also a bunch of passengers who don't know what they are doing and order XL when they really only wanted an X.

Also, if the rear center console means you can only take 5 passengers plus yourself then it wouldn't qualify as XL.

oh I didn't know that thanks for clearing that up, just reread the requirments yea it says 7 seatbelts, dam wish I can get the centor console along with the 7 seatbelts lol, what part of florida you drive in Miami?

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

There's also a bunch of passengers who don't know what they are doing and order XL when they really only wanted an X., I hear that happens a lot to, does it affect your rating? cus I hear they rate you bad when they see they got charged alittle more and they take it out on the driver

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There's also a bunch of passengers who don't know what they are doing and order XL when they really only wanted an X., I hear that happens a lot to, does it affect your rating? cus I hear they rate you bad when they see they got charged alittle more and they take it out on the driver
Yes, it does affect ratings a little but only sometimes, but not enough to do much damage. Some never realize it. Some realize it after they leave a rating. Some never leave any rating. Some I ask and offer to stop the ride so they can order an X (I doubt anyone would ever do that, and none have, but I figure if I offer it, maybe they won't take it out on my ratings).

What's funny is, I get how they could order an XL by mistake, but some claim they don't know how to change it. Lol

And I drive in Tampa Bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts