Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been renting from luxor for 2 months and they are he worst company to deal with. im looking toeither finance or lease but the hassle of getting tlc inspection every 3 or 4 months is a hassle so im thinking about leasing. since regualr leases have certain milage requirements im wondering if that xchange lease program is available in nyc or if there are other companies the lease tlc plated vehicles?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
well yeah i think thats what i meant either way it would be nice to not worry about any of that
I suppose if you're OK with spending much more money.

There are a few companies who offer lease to own or regular just week to week leases. The name Tower auto comes to mind. This isn't an endorsement as I have no experience with Tower but if I were to go by what other posters say about them...I'd tell you to stay away. Maybe Uber NYC can guide you to other companies they deal with. Have you asked them?

Btw, what's the story with Luxor? What are they saying / doing that's so horrible?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Mmm yes any tlc plated cars have to do a state inspection every 4 months regardless. And it is cheap can go from 10-20 dollars.

·
Registered
754 Posts
inspection for new car first year is $10, every 4 months ,next year is $37.50. every 4 months. reputation on Tower is not good, many renters from there knows. TLC will not issue tlc plates to regular rental cars since the title is not under your name.

·
Registered
546 Posts
inspection for new car first year is $10, every 4 months ,next year is $37.50. every 4 months. reputation on Tower is not good, many renters from there knows. TLC will not issue tlc plates to regular rental cars since the title is not under your name.
Actually, the inspection costs $10 for the first 2 years, not only the first. Then it jumps to $37.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Actually, the inspection costs $10 for the first 2 years, not only the first. Then it jumps to $37.
To be more precise it is $10 for the first 2 model years of the car. So a 2015 car will have $10 inspection in 2015 and 2016. In 2017 it goes to $37 because of the addition of the emissions test.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Ive been renting from luxor for 2 months and they are he worst company to deal with. im looking toeither finance or lease but the hassle of getting tlc inspection every 3 or 4 months is a hassle so im thinking about leasing. since regualr leases have certain milage requirements im wondering if that xchange lease program is available in nyc or if there are other companies the lease tlc plated vehicles?
Going for inspection should be the least of your hassles, provided the car is in good working order. Do your maintenance and inspection at the same place to save time

·
Registered
313 Posts
I don't understand how you're going to do required maintenance (all of it). shocks, trans, all the tune-up(plugs/wires/fuel system/all filters) unless you go to the dealer. How do you keep from driving a car into the ground and ending up with a piece of junk if you go to any service station?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't understand how you're going to do required maintenance (all of it). shocks, trans, all the tune-up(plugs/wires/fuel system/all filters) unless you go to the dealer. How do you keep from driving a car into the ground and ending up with a piece of junk if you go to any service station?
So far I've had 2 brand new cars never stepped foot in a dealership for maintenance and never had a problem. I get it done at a local service station who services FHV vehicles only. You don't have to get everything done at a dealer. BTW once you plate your car for FHV your warranty becomes void. As told by a Toyota manager.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts