Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had two ladies request a ride this evening. I get there and their security guard is giving me a hard time. Then I get to them and they have two bags going to the airport. I tell them my car can't hold luggage. Request unexpected XL. The get mad call me out my name!

I cussed they old horn faces a** out and drove off.
I'm not here to be disrespected. It's my 2017 car and I feel I have the right to carry luggage or not. Was I wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
lol remember one day I was picking up pax from hotel, saw him standing with luggage, guessed it was airport I was happy finally long run, but he was going to different hotel one mile down the avenue, fml
Yeah I've had a few that I think are airport runs and it's to an office or something. Sales reps and regional people in a lot of companies have luggage as a briefcase. Of course I've also had pickups where it looks like a guy with a jacket and a laptop bag and he heads to the airport

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well.....your car can't hold luggage? What kind of car is it?
My car is Hyundai Elantra. I just purchased this car about two months. I don't want any damage to my car by touting luggage in it
Plus airport rides here are long and don't pay a damn thing. The last ride I did to the airport got me 8.99! This is for a dang 13 mile trip. Plus the stress of the airport is not worth it. plus people in Miami FL ways have a smelly nasty bag they want to bring in the car. Dont know what attic or crypt they get these bags from... but I sure as heck don't want the filth or the stench in my car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's one thing if they both had 2 full size check in and 1 full size carry on. But one luggage each? Denying service because of luggage that more than likely can fit is definitely wrong and you go and cuss them out?
No animals,strollers, babies, and no luggage in my car. Babies because I don't have a car seat.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
No animals,strollers, babies, and no luggage in my car. Babies because I don't have a car seat.
You shouldn't be in the fare for hire business then. You're way to particular about your vehicle. If you want to profit from the public with driving your car then you have to accept, within reason, the public in your vehicle. Just wait till you have a puker.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
My car is Hyundai Elantra
Ok still not a good reason just a poor excuse I drive a Hyndai Elantra and I load up luggage sometime a little too much......but then again I drive a taxi and my average airport run pays me $40......but driving for Uber $8.99 is that life changing money.......other people said it before and I will repeat.....transportation for pay is just not for you......smh

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
You should be more worried about insurance and service animals than a few bags.

What did your insurance company say when you were using your brand new car for commercial purposes?

Are you prepared to refuse a service animal and be prosecuted?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
My car is Hyundai Elantra. I just purchased this car about two months. I don't want any damage to my car by touting luggage in it
Plus airport rides here are long and don't pay a damn thing. The last ride I did to the airport got me 8.99! This is for a dang 13 mile trip. Plus the stress of the airport is not worth it. plus people in Miami FL ways have a smelly nasty bag they want to bring in the car. Dont know what attic or crypt they get these bags from... but I sure as heck don't want the filth or the stench in my car!
So you'd rather have short trips that don't pay a thing than long trips that don't pay a think, but more than the short trips that don't pay a thing?

Luggage is the universal sign of a long trip, long trips pay better than short trips.

But it is your car and your income, so do as you please. I don't allow animals outside of service animals, nor do I allow babies without proper seating. If they're in a stroller, they probably need a car seat and unless they have a combination stroller, chances are they don't have a car seat.

All this aside, it's the fact that you had the nerve to cuss them out because you have a piss poor view of luggage and airport runs? 2 ladies and 2 luggage is not a stretch for an Elantra and they have no reason to request an XL for that load...

Stop babying that Elantra, it ain't anything special...

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I had two ladies request a ride this evening. I get there and their security guard is giving me a hard time. Then I get to them and they have two bags going to the airport. I tell them my car can't hold luggage. Request unexpected XL. The get mad call me out my name!

I cussed they old horn faces a** out and drove off.
I'm not here to be disrespected. It's my 2017 car and I feel I have the right to carry luggage or not. Was I wrong?
Yes you were wrong.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts